Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 15

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date: 10/2/2011*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!] [!!!] - Published: 2015-04-27 - 3030 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 15: Endgame

"D`rok? What are you doing?" Chasey nervously asked D`rok as he removed everything from the supply case. D`rok, who was hard pressed with determination, pulled everything in a somewhat organized state. Once doe he carefully laid the C10, as well as the detonator, closest to him. D`rok looked up at Chasey. As he knelt he was about eye level with her.

"Female…I need you to get this space craft flight worthy as soon as you can. That is very important for our escape." D`rok told her as he lightly grabbed her arm.

He spoke calmly, trying not to scare her. D`rok slowly raised his right hand and touched her face with his four fingered hand. Chase did not know what to do, she did not want to anger D`rok, but at the same time she couldn't help but feel nervous. She unexpectedly felt comforted, deep down she knew he would not hurt her. Somehow she knew his intentions were not to be aggressive.

"I am not like the others of my kin, Female" D`rok explained. "I do not enjoy killing for the reason my kind does; It is an unjust cause " D`rok stopped, he realized that she would most likly not understand. Removing his hand from her cheek, he took her knife from her sheath. "Go now, ready the ship" he waved her away from him.

As Chasey left the room, D`rok turned back to open the C10 case; inside rested several 3x8 inch bricks of what D`rok assumed to be the explosives. D`rok quickly lay several of the bricks near him as he searched for another form of explosive. What his eyes spotted: the SpNkr case would be sufficient for the task he wished to partake.

With no form of hesitation, D`rok lay the case in front of him. After he unlatched the two restraints, he opened the case slowly. D`rok exhaled softly, he had not ever worked with a device of this class, or even this age, neither in his old life or his new. D`rok closed his eyes realizing this. He gave a whispered 'ok' as he ridded is nerves of tension.

Quickly he inspected the holding device; lightly he placed his hand on one of the dual rocket tubes and twisted it, unscrewing it from the casing. Once the tube was unscrewed D`rok laid it gently on the floor, putting his hand over the rockets opening he tilted the casing. With a soft shake; the rocket slid out, it caused D`rok to nervously jump unnecessarily as he feared it either detonating or falling to the floor.

Laying the rocket on the floor, D`rok searched for things to utilize in his wanted explosive cocktail. Using some tape and three bricks of C10, his hands carfully had created an Improvised Explosive, and a powerful one he would guess. D`rok did not wait to make another IED with the second rocket. D`rok, with a quick inspection, found a Duffle bag, amongst several other INSC bags. Carefully he placed the IEDs, along with the detonator, in the bag.

"What are you doing Split lip?" Collins asked, he was standing behind D`rok, breaking the silence.

"We must get to that structure you witnessed outside, human. It is vital for humanity's survival, please trust me" D`rok tried to explain.

"I really don't trust a damn thing you say to be honest." Collins informed him aggressively.

"Than trust this!" D`rok spoke loudly, towering Collins as he stood. "If we do not get to that place your species will die! Those objects are ships, ships that your kind cannot destroy in battle. They make the Covenant CAS-Class look like theirs to your Human frigate in comparison. So tell me human; what is it going to be? Your gut instinct or salvation?

~~

The Warthog sailed through the air as it hurtled over a grassy hill. Even before the wheels had reached the soft soil, Collins floored the accelerator. Collins was pushing it; the Warthog could go no faster.

D`rok hung onto the turret as he watched their cargo carefully; the three bags they had placed in the bed of the Warthog. Of the bags; one held the IEDs, another with the HMG, and the last with all the firearms and ammo that could fit into the bag. All three lay snuggly together, strapped down to the bed.

The plan was simple: Make sure that the Slip space core overloaded. Yes, D`rok was aware that Sgt. Forge should be there, but why take the chance?

Collins only knew that D`rok was leading him somewhere, somewhere with a fight, and he didn't like it. Collins would not let his guard down in this situation however. D`rok on the other hand, felt the same mutual feeling; he did not trust the human too greatly. This meant he would have to monitor Collins and his actions.

It was not long before the Apex had come into view. D`rok had instructed Collins to stop within a mass of trees near the Teleporter to the Apex. Collins turned into the brush and the Warthog slide to a stop, leaving a scar in the soil from the tires halting drag.

D`rok was quick to hop down from the gunners position, the stock of his newly acquired DMR was pressed against his shoulder before his hooves hit the ground. He scanned the surrounding areas, dropping to his right knee in the process. After several seconds of waiting, Collins moved behind D`rok, back to back as they both made sure the area was remotely clear.

"Clear" Collins whispered, nudging D`rok with his elbow.

D`rok stood and retrieved the IED and firearm bag from the bed.

"Human, carry the machine gun, stay close behind me. Please silence yourself if you can." D`rok told Collins, taking a step. Once he had taken the step, he immediately had a new order for Collins: "human, get down!" D`rok quickly ordered as he slid himself into the cover of nearby brush. Collins was quick to follow him.

"W-" Collins attempted to ask, but was interrupted by a finger of silence.

D`rok pointed to a pair of Covenant. A Patrol consisting of a Jackal Mino and a Sangheili Major, the pair walking along side the opposing side of the brush D`rok and Collins where using as cover. The Jackal pointed over the brush line at the parked Warthog, causing D`rok and Collins to freeze in place. The now alerted Sangheili turned to bark and order to the Jackal; D`rok recognized the command, from the little bit he did learn: 'Stand guard'

The Sangheili stepped through the brush line all but a few meters from D`rok, the Jackal did as well. The Jackal stopped just out of the brush, his plasma pistol and shield drawn;; it's back facing D`rok. He Major was now near the right side of the Warthog. Silently, D`rok drew the combat knife he had borrowed from Chasey and signaled Collins to stay put. Moving in the same fashion as a predator soundlessly stalking its prey, he stepped lightly upon his armored hooves till he positioned himself behind the Jackal.

D`rok reached up swiftly, grabbing the Jackal by its throat. His crushing grip cut off the Jackal's breaths and ability to screech in surprise. D`rok yanked the terrified Jackal into the brush and with haste, plunged the knife into the Jackals waiting neck. This caused a strained hiss of a breath to escape, gurgling through the blood as it exited out the newly opened hole.

D`rok could see the Major, he had turned to see why his companion was gone. As the Major was about to draw his Plasma Rifle from his side, D`rok pulled the blade from the Jackal's neck, flipped the knife and gripped the blade. With a flick of the wrist, D`rok threw the knife with high precision.

The knife's aim and trajectory sent the blade into the Major's arm, sticking in between his armor just centimeters from his elbow. The Major yelped in both surprise and pain; he found himself unable to bend his arm. The Major looked down at his arm and attempted to remove the blade from him, only to look up moments later to the sound of charging steps. He was surprised to see an un-helmeted Special Operative Sangheili barreling towards him.

D`rok drove his left shoulder into the Major, the force behind the drive slammed the major into the side of the Warthog, even enough to cause the Rear of the Warthog to slide several inches. D`rok was quick to recover, swiftly taking hold of the Major's head, only to shove his two thumbs into the Major's eyes. The Major screamed in his most unpleasant experience he had ever felt in his entire life as D`rok, continuing to shove his thumbs deeper into his eye sockets, completely crushed his helpless eyes.

D`rok let go of the screaming Sangheili, who dropped to the ground becoming nothing more than a sobbing child. D`rok pulled the DMR from his back, quickly raising the rifle to fire a shot at a Jackal Minor, who was just arriving to investigate the screams. The Jackal, as he exited the brush nearby, was quickly met with a bullet to his midsection; this caused him to screech and stumble backwards painfully.

“Human, it is time to move!" D`rok shouted as he fired once again, hitting the Jackal in the head, ending the weak creature's life.

D`rok, running through the brush swiftly, left the now blind Sangheili in its whimpering state. Collins followed as quickly as he could, MA37 in hand. Both ran, D`rok leading, towards the Apex Teleporter. The pair bursted from the trees into a large clearing. D`rok only slowed to fire several shots into a group of Skirmisher and Sangheili Standing guard at the incline up to the Teleporter. The group somewhat scattered as the shots volleyed into them. There quickly became a mess of projectiles, between the pair, the guards, as well as seemingly hundreds of other Covenant surrounding the clearing.

It had not taken D`rok long to realize that he had just ran into a Covenant encampment. As fast as he could, D`rok reloaded his weapon and ran faster and fired his DMR into the guards. Of the Guard, four of the Skirmisher had met their demise, a pair had started to charge in D'rok's direction, the rest fired at the two in a loose group.

"Human, do not stop!" D`rok yelled at the top of his lungs to Collins, Collins heard him, he didn't answer however.

D`rok emptied the DMR clip as he led Collins up the incline unto the Teleporter. There was no time to reload, D`rok knew this, instead he gave into instinct. Once again, lowering his shoulder, D`rok plowed into the mass. Of the two Covenant in his way, the pair of Skirmisher stood no match against an 8'7 freight train slamming into their small figures.

Collins sprinted as fast as his legs could carry him; he raced towards the gap created by D`rok. Sliding on his side, Collins dodged the Covenant guards desperately trying to stop him. As he slide between their feet, a flash of white engulfed him.

~~

Several moments later, Collins found himself lying on his side. The shots of a DMR could be heard near by. Next to him lay one of the Skirmisher D`rok had tackled; it lay dead, head twisted in a position it meant not to be in.

"Human! Get up! Make haste!" D`rok barked at Collins from only meters away.

Collins sat up, taking in his surroundings; he sat somewhat behind cover, from where he was, D`rok was crouched, about to the point of kneeling, along side of a metallic panel. D`rok, in the process of reloading, glanced over at Collins.

"Human! Toss me the HMG!" D`rok yelled.

"Toss! Are you crazy!" Collins asked, bewildered by his request.

"There is no time for arguments!"

Shaking his head, Collins prepared to toss the 50+lbs bag. Collins, after unzipping the bag, removed the turret from the bag. He inserted and slapped the box magazine into place for D`rok. Collins did his best to put his weight into the throw; the turret traveled through the air and through the sideways rain of plasmid projectiles.

D`rok let go of his DMR, it swung down near his side on its sling. Acting quickly in precision, D`rok raised his arms, predicting the Turret's spinning trajectory. He caught the weapon by its handle; his grip tightened to that of an organic clamp as his arms rotated back, compensating for the slowing weight. The fluent motion set the HMG to his side at his side, ready to fire.

With the flick of his wrist, D`rok cocked the HMG's hammer; turning on his heel, D`rok spun back and pulled the trigger. Slowly he moved from cover into the middle of the platform, doing so, D`rok unleashed a fury of heavy full metal jacket against the opposing force. With keen accuracy, more that most humans could have mustered, D`rok kept the fire going into the large group of Covenant. One after another, Sangheili, Grunts, and Jackals alike, fell to his lead tipped assault.

By now Collins had, not wanting to miss out, begun to follow closely to D'rok's right. Between D'rok's HMG and Collins' MA37, the two sent a constant spray of bullets as the two advanced quickly up the platform. The pair was only slowed once as the HMG ran out of its belt fed ammo. Dropping the HMG, D`rok redrew his DMR from his back, continuing his assisted onslaught.

Within but only a quick minute, Collins domed the last surviving Covenant, a severely frightened Grunt. This caused Collins to chuckle.

"Hey? Why is it so satisfying to kill those little bastards?" Collins chuckled once more. "The way they scream is amusing I guess" Collins stated darkly.

"Human" D`rok started as he looked around for more "I would prefer to discuss this topic another time. To answer your question however; it is of human nature to sin with a grin"

Collins frowned at D`rok answer, he was intrigued. He knew that D`rok was right, deep down that realization hurt, that comment D`rok had made caused Collins to stop, his mind raced; rearranging itself around a new central idea: This Elite knew, somehow, someway, at sometime, D`rok had been around humans before. If not that then he had watched mankind for quite sometime.

"Human?" Collins shook his head as D`rok spoke "come here please"

Collins looked up at D`rok, who was looking up at a sort of metallic door in front of him. Collins slowly slid his M6S, which he had used to kill the last Grunt, I unto its holster and moved closer. He stood next to D`rok, looking up in the same manner as his alien ally.

"This is a door? For what?" Collins asked after several moments.

"Something that is left unopened would change our worlds as we know them D`rok spoke softly, as if in the presence of sacred ground.

"Spirit of Fire- I'm- Bomb" the static filled comlink played through Collins damaged headset. Collins put his finger to his helmet to listen, however that proved unfortunate; the signal had disappeared as quick as it had arrived.

"Human what is wrong?" D`rok asked, seeing Collin's sudden actions.

"I don't know… something about a bomb" Collins explained.

D'rok's hearts began to race, his eyes grew as he began to look around frantically. "Human, give me your arm now!" D`rok demanded as he widened his stance.

"What? Wh-"

"Do not argue!" D`rok shouted. Without allowing him to react, D`rok grabbed Collins wrist and forced his hand against the door; in an almost hidden five fingered slot.

"What the fu-?" Collins stopped, mouth agape as the large door hissed and released streams of air.

D`rok let go and the two stepped back as the door began to open. D`rok glanced back; with gritted mandibles he spoke.

"Collins, take this" D`rok turned, handing Collins the bag with the explosives "there is a man in there, give him the explosives and tell him to come with you. I have something to deal with."

Collins was about to say something, but he glanced back at what had rushed D`rok: a trio of Elites, two being Zealots, following the third; a Field Master. Standing firm, D'rok's fist clenched as his heart beats increased.

"Now, Human!" D`rok ordered Collins, breaking Collins' moment of stammer.

Collins gave D`rok gave a quick nod then entered the door. As Collins left, D`rok slowly stepped out into the middle of the platform; moving several feet forward he picked up an un-activated energy sword hilt. D`rok, not completely unfamiliar with the Type-1 energy sword, activated the sword with a loud crack as the two transparent blades grow out and forward from the handle. Clenching the handle tightly, D`rok widened his stance, lowering himself several inched to the ground. As he did this, he lowered the energy sword to his left side, in a sparing manner.

In unison, the Field Master stopped, standing tall as his two Zealots came forward on either side of him, setting themselves side by side in the same manner as D`rok.

D`rok closed his eyes for a brief second, feeling his two hearts beat rapidly. His mandibles quivered with each adrenalized breath. He opened his eyes, as he did something had seemed to change in him. He was no longer lusting his far away home, he here for a purpose. He now understood. He was a warrior for this critical moment… he was ready.
Sign up to rate and review this story