Categories > Original > Fantasy

Ruins of the Old Country

by Redrevolutionary 0 reviews

The worst and most useful type of information is a rumour. Nithan Glover, your average city boy, and Entan Stanner, along with the help of the prince's guard and the locals must travel through t...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Published: 2015-05-02 - 912 words

0Unrated
"Nithan! Come over here. The arms guard has picked out a sword for you!" Entan Stanner called out, waving his friend and personal guard over. Nithan laughed, jogging over, "Yes, my prince." He rolled his eyes, slowing his jog to a walk as he approached him.

Entan Stanner lived in the city if Cadena, in the kingdom of Pontys, the largest of the 9 kingdoms in Plumoya. His residence was in the Palace of Justice- the stronghold of Cadena and in the place from which the country of Plumoya was ruled over.

He was the son of the King and Queen, Ashter and Valeris Stanner, elder brother to Eyva Stanner and known as Entan the Dreamer, due to his calm nature and because of his wild imagination.

The prince punched his friend in the arm, "Sarcasm gets you nowhere fire head." He tutted, pulling his sword, Thorn from its sheath and weight it up in his hands, the maroon colour ribbon on the hilt contrasting with his pale skin. "Are you ready for your first real sword Glover?" He asked, Thorn glinting in the sunlight.
"As ready as I'll ever be..." Nithan mumbled, taking a deep breath and exhaling.

Nithan Glover was originally from the town of Taport, south if Cadena and on the border of the kingdoms Pontys and Thatis. Shortly after he was born his parents, Arvin and Kianna Glover, became servants to the king, queen, and children.

"Don't look so nervous Fire, it's a sword. You're trained and, well, If I am to leave the Palace then I will need my guard to be armed properly, not just with a practice sword." Entan clicked and the arms master came over, holding a sword that had been wrapped in silks. He handed it to Nithan, "I present this to you; Nithan Glover, protector and advisor to the Prince, one day to be head of the royal guard, accept this present of the King, Queen and Prince Entan." The arms master stepped back, leaving Nithan with the sword in his hands.

He looked down and unwrapped it, draping the silken cover over his shoukder. The Sword was around a meter long, light blue ribbon around the hilt. He stared, almost not believing it, "Thank you Ent- My Prince." He mumbled, "What's it called?" He asked, knowing that it was the person who commissioned the sword that named it. Thorn had been named by the King and now his sword would be named by Entan.

"Mercy." He said, running his hand up the flat of the blade, "Your sword is called Mercy." Entan smiled, "your first sword. It has a fitting name as I know you hate killing as much as I. Naming your sword Mercy is ironic." The boys laughed, the few people in the courtyard turning to look at them. "Now. Let us see how well you fight with Mercy." Entan smirked, holding Thorn tightly as he stepped back into the training area. "We have armour on now come, fight as an equal to me!" Nithan laughed, grabbing a shield with the Stanner coat of arms on and charging into the training area.

The boys had known each other since they were ages 3, Nithan, and 4, Entan. This was the year Nithan's parens had moved into the palace to help the crown.

They had shared the same nursery, rooms, and maid until they were 7 and 8, when the Prince moved into his own rooms in a palace tower and Nithan moved into the city with his two younger siblings, Evelyne and Everan Glover. Despite their backgrounds the two boys had grown close and the King and Queen were happy to allow the two boys to mix as long as Nithan understood he was not an equal to the Prince. However, soon Entan had chosen the towns boy to be his guard and advisor, but most of all his friend. They were as close as brothers, the things separating them were their skin tones and hair colour. Entan was pale and blonde, even the lightest of colour stuck out on his skin and Nithan had darker, tan, skin and ginger hair, the lighter colours that the Prince hated he loved, being able to wear sky blues and lilac to show off the contrast, especially next to his friend. Both, however, had green eyes, the colour standing out against both of their skins.

The boys play fought into the evening, the sun setting over head before someone came out. "Prince Entan, your parents request you in the great hall now. And Nithan, you are excused for the day- the cooks said there is spare bread and broth for you and you siblings. Your mother said she loves and to be here early again tomorrow. You are dismissed." The servant went back inside, leaving the boys alone once more. "I had better go- it may be serious." Entan mumbled, sheathing Thorn. "give me Mercy and I will keep it safe until we get you a sheath. Good Night Nithan and I will see you tomorrow for breakfast." He winked, taking Mercy and wrapping the sword back up in the silk. "So long, tell you Sister I said hello." Nithan bowed, running off toward the back entrance of the kitchen as Entan approached the great hall, his head held high as he walked. The boys both going their separate ways for that night, not knowing that tomorrow would change their destinies and the destiny of Plumoya forever.
Sign up to rate and review this story