Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

The Horrible News

by story_master 6 reviews

The young heroes fight Cronus only to learn he has a huge and incredibly evil plan. ( J/T, A/A )

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-13 - Updated: 2006-08-13 - 1117 words

1Original
AUTHORS NOTE: Okay I know i'm still working on " Illusion Island" but I got this really great idea and I didn't want to forget it. So my updates for both my stories will be coming less frequently. But I'll try not to wait too long to update. Anyways enough talking.. well typing... and on with the story!

It was early on a sunday morning when Jay's PMR went off. It was Hermes. He sounded worried.

" Cronus has been spotted." he said his eyes darting around.

" Where?" Jay was still drowsy as Hermes had woken him up.

" Outside Rome. He's near an underground collisium. Ohh. I just know he's planning something evil." then the PMR went off.

Jay dragged himself out of bed and got dressed. He rubbed his brown eyes as if trying to wake himself. He went to Theresa, Atlanta and Archie's rooms to wake them. In response he got angry groans and sighs. Next he went to the second floor knocked on the doors of Neil, Herry and Odie. They also gave angry sighs and moans in reply. Minutes later they were all gathered in the kitchen.

" Why'd you wake us up so early?" Neil replied yawning.

" Cronus has been spotted in Rome." the brown haired leader replied, ushering everyone out the front door.

" Rome! How the heck are we supposed to get there? And at this time of day?" Odie asked as he was practically shoved into Herry's truck.

" We're going to meet Hermes at the school. He said he'll send us through his portal." Jay replied as they roared out of the driveway.

A few moments later, the seven young heroes arrived at New Olympia High School. They obediantly followed their leaders orders and went into the school. They all crammed into the small janitor's closet and watched as the blue portal to the gods hidden world materialized before their sleepy eyes. Jay rushed everyone to Hermes office. He recieved comments such as: ' We're going already.', ' It's too early for this.' and ' Why can't we just go back to bed?' Once in Hermes office he explained to them what they were to do. Not only did they have to stop Cronus but they had to protect an ancient jewel. Hermes warned them that if Cronus got his hands on that jewel chaos would once more wask over the world.

" Isn't this something the police should be taking care of?" Neil asked as he gazed at himself in his trademark tree panel mirror.

" Yeah and how do you think the police would handle some demonic and deranged god?" Archie asked with sarcasm filling his voice.

" Come on guys. Enough fighting. We have to stop Cronus from getting that jewel." Jay said breaking up the fight between his purple haired, blue eyed friend and his blonde haired, blue eyed friend.

" Now remember to bring it back to the safety of this hidden world." Hermes called after them as they entered the portal to Rome.

They arrived in a field just outside of Rome. Archie was already in a heated arguement with his fire haired comrade. His blue eyes burned into her hazel eyes as they fought with a passion only two close friends could share.

" Where exactly is this underground collisium?" a long red haired girl asked the leader.

" It should be just past those hills Theresa." he answered as he glimpsed and saw her emerald green eyes watching him.

" Okay let's go kick Cronus' butt!" the strong brown haired, brown eyed boy called with enthusiasm.

" Herry, it's too early to be that energenic." Odie, the african american friend said. His puffy brown hair bounced as he walked and his brown eyes looked incredibly tired.

They followed Jay to a cave which led to the underground collisium. They had to follow a long twisting path that led deeper and deeper into the earth. The path eventually opened up into a giant chamber and the seven heroes stood there, frozen in shock. There, before their eyes, stood a huge and ancient collisium. They followed another path that led straight into the massive structure. As the heroes entered they pulled out their weapons.

" Cronus." Jay breathed.

" Ahh. The young heroes. I was wondering when you would arrive. But this time you shall not celibrate a victory. As you are too late. This jewel is mine and the world will once more fall under a state of chaos. They will fall under my power!" Cronus announced as he picked up the jewel.

As always he was surrounded by his league of giants. The heroes raced forward eager to get this over with soon. The giants also advanced. Cronus laughed then disappeared into one of his portals. His giants followed. The heroes were left in the empty collisium.

" What a coward." Neil said, breaking the silence that had fallen over them.

Jay called Hermes on his PMR and soon they were all back in his office.

" I don't know what happened." Jay said, pacing back and forth.

" Well as long as he doesn't have the other half." Hermes said.

" Other half?" Atlanta asked.

" Yes. There are two parts to the amulet. If Cronus aquires both pieces we are all doomed." Hermes answered.

" Doomed? How?" Neil asked.

" If the amulet is is put back together then whomever has contorl of it will be able to control the shadows. They will consume the owrld and send everything into a chaotic state."

" Then we just have to make sure that Cronus doesn't get that other piece," Jay said, " Hermes where is it?"

" Ummm. I don't know." he replied.

" What do you mean you don't know? I thought you knew where everything is." Jay demanded.

" Well not exactly. You see centuries a go it was lost. No one knows where it is."

" Well problem solved. If the all knowing gods don't know where it is then how will Cronus find it?" Neil said lookin ginto his mirror.

" No. Problem not solved. With one piece he'll be able to track down the other. You'll have to find him. Folow him and make sure he doesn't get that other piece." Hermes said as he left.

" Okay. Odie can you track Cronus?" Jay asked, still pacing.

" I'm on it." he replied, taking out his laptop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cronus was looking in on the young heroes using his magic.

" Trust me Jay. Chaos is the last thing you'll have to worry about. I have other plans for you." he let out a long, evil laugh.

~*~

What did Cronus mean by "other plans"? Will Cronus find the other half to the amulet? Will the heroes stop chaos from once more comsuming the world? Read the next chapter to find out.
Sign up to rate and review this story