Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

The Even Worse News

by story_master 2 reviews

Cronus attempts to get the other half of the amulet. Will he succeed?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-14 - Updated: 2006-08-14 - 1226 words

2Original
Odie spent a few hours trying to track Cronus. Finally he had some luck.

" Jay. I found him!" Odie called from their kitchen.

" Where is he?" Jay asked coming in from the living room.

" He's in Greece." he replied.

" Okay. You call Hermes and I'll get the others." Jay ordered running up to the second floor.

" Hermes," Odie started, " We've found him. Can you get us to Greece?"

" I sure can. But you'll have to hurry. Get to the school as fast as you can." Hermes replied.

" Thanks." Odie said as Jay and the others came into the kitchen.

" Let's go." Jay said.

They all piled into Herry's truck and sped all the way to New Olympia High. They had barely pulled into the parking lot when Jay hopped out of the truck and raced for the school.

" At least wait till I park it." Herry called after him.

Moments later they were gathered in Hermes' office. He had the portal ready to go.

" Now remember. Get the other half at all costs." he said as the seven heroes walked through his portal.

" Don't worry Hermes we will." Jay said.

They exited the portal in a forest just outside Greece.

" Where is the second half anyway?" Neil asked looking around.

" We aren't exactly sure. But we know that Cronus is here and he knows where it is." Jay replied as he started to walk, following giants footprints.

They found Cronus in a small clearing heading towards a cave. They followed him. Suddenly the ground gave way beneath them. The had fallen into a large pit.

" Jay. I'm surprised, but not dissapointed, to see that you've fallen right into my trap." a voice said from the top of the thirty foot deep pit.

" Cronus!" Jay said.

" Well now that you're all here... Wait where's the purple haired one?" he asked as he counted the young heroes he had caught.

" Right here!" Archie called as he kicked Cronus across the face.

Cronus got up and started to laugh uncontrollably. Suddenly Archie felt himself being picked up, it was Cronus'giants. They carried him over to their master.

" Archie, my boy. I would deal with you now. But I have other plans for you and your friends. Much bigger plans. I will make each of you suffer for what you've done to me. And for your little surprise attack I'll make you suffer first. Agnon throw him with the others."

The giant obeyed and dropped Archie into the pit with the others. He couldn't get Cronus words out of his head. He wondered what he meant by 'other plans'.

" Herry can you get us out of here?" Jay asked his incredibly strong friend.

" Thirty feet? Yeah. I think I can." Herry replied.

" Good." Jay said.

Herry threw all six of his teammates out of the pit then they helped him out. Once they were all out of the pit Jay spoke up again.

" Come on we have to catch up to Cronus." he said.

They followed the footprints left behind by Cronus' giants. Minutes later they were walking into a dark cave still following the crazy god. Jay stopped everyone when they finally caught up to him. He gave them the signal to attack. They did. There were six giants and Cronus. The others went after the giants but Jay went straight for Cronus. Cronus took out his scythe and stopped every attack that Jay used.

" Jay you should just give up. If you do I promise to make your suffer as little as possible." A sly grin spread across his face as he spoke.

" Never Cronus. I'd sooner die then do what you say." Jay replied still fighting him off.

" That can be arranged too." Cronus said with one final blow that sent Jay flying.

Jay got up as fast as he could to stop Cronus. Too late. As he got to his feet he saw that Cronus had the jewel in his greedy hands. He opened one of his portals.

" Goodbye Jay. I think I'll enjoy destroying you." with that and a demonic laugh Cronus and his giants disappeared.

Jay tried to catch them before they disappeared but he was too slow. He smashed his fist off the wall.

" No. Not again." he said.

" Jay. Don't worry we'll get him." Theresa tried to comfort him.

He just pushed past them all and went back to the rendez vous point to wait for Hermes to take them back to the school. His friends caught up iwth him and they were all taken back to the school.

" Did you get the jewel?" a hopeful Hermes asked when they arrived back.

Everyone looked sullen. Jay just pushed past them all and ran out of the school.

" I take it Cronus has it." Hermes said.

" You got it." Atlanta replied.

" Well you'd all better go homw and get some rest. If you want ot stop Cronus now you'll need all the rest and help you can get." Hermes said as they left.

Minutes later they pulled into the driveway of their brownstone dorm and they all went inside. No one was surprised when they didn't find Jay. He was really upset. The six remaining heroes gathered in the living room.

" How are we going to stop him now?" Archie asked.

" We'll just have to try." Odie replied.

" Not only is he a demonic god but now he has unimaginably powers." Atlanta added.

The door creeked pen and everyone watched as they saw Jay come in. He didn't say anything, he didn't even look at them. he just came in and went up the stairs.

" I'm going to go talk to him." Theresa said following the angry leader upstairs to the roof.

She knocked on the door and opened it.

" Want some company?" she asked as she stepped out onto the roof.

When she got no reply she went and sat beside him.

" Jay. We'll get him. It's in the prophesy. Seven young heroes will stop Cronus." she said trying to comfort him again.

" Well there's only going to be six of you now." he said not looking at her.

" What do you mean?" she asked, not wuite sure she wanted the answer.

" I'm leaving." he said, still avoiding her eyes.

" What? Why? We need you Jay." she said not believing her ears.

" I'm not a good leader. I let Cronus get his hands on an amulet that can destroy the world. I'm useless." he said.

" So, you're just going to give up? Just like that? Fine. Go. If you don't believe we can win then...... we don't need you." she said as she turned to leave.

Anger pulsed through her veins. She couldn't believe what he told her. She went to her room and locked herself in.

Meanwhile still up on the roof sat a very confused and hurt leader. ' Why did she say those things?' he asked himself. Her words had cut through him like a million daggers. ' Maybe she's right. Maybe I should just go.' he thought as he wandered back to his room. Although it was still early Jay went to sleep. He just wanted the day to be over.
~*~

Will Jay leave? Has Cronus finally found a way to win? Are the seven heroes and the rest of the world doomed? Read the next chapter to find out.
Sign up to rate and review this story