Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Heaven and Earth

Hunt for the Rat

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The people of Ju-Oh-Cho try to deal with the people of the mole within its walls.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Published: 2015-06-26 - 386 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-One: Hunt for the Rat:

For months, Ju-Oh-Cho have been mole hunting. The investigation went in circles. Today, Meifu held a meeting.

“Where is any information on our mole?”

“We’re still working on it, sir,” Konoe said. No one could really trust anyone at work. Word spread to the top in days.

“This is irresponsible!”

“How could you let this happen?”

“How will you take responsibility?” Konoe sat silent. Already, his division had a long laundry list to tackle. The Eda-Kimoto clan sat at the top. Tsuzuki came in second place. The baby, current case, and the pole piled on.

“It’s bad enough that Tsuzuki into the clan as it is.”

“He shouldn’t have resurrected Anna.”

“Now she can’t be judged because the Mother has merged with her.” Ah yes, that issue. By now, more of Meifu tolerated Tsuzuki’s marriage to Anna. Enma-Daioh only allowed it because Tsuzuki had been happier over the past year.

“This could work to our advantage,” he said. Still, others didn’t enjoy this set-up.

“She should be judged!”

“Tsuzuki should be fired!” They say things like that, but no action has been taken. Nobody knows what to do. Probably because of the mess that keeps piling up.

“Okay, one problem at a time here!”

“Right.” A little order returns to the meeting. Konoe sits, listening. Taking Tsuzuki and Hisoka off the case wasn’t enough. The former tried to eavesdrop on the Tokyo Division for clues. Nothing Konoe id could stop him. Right now, the rat came first.

“We need to scan every shinigami in Ju-Oh-Cho.”

“That would take hours!”

“What else can we do?”

“We will take a vote now.” Konoe happened to look at the doorway and notice a woman waiting. He had never seen this pretty blonde before and she didn’t look Japanese.How long has she been there? He would’ve known of any new arrivals on the Ju-Oh-Cho staff. Maybe the scan would be a good idea.

“All in favor, raise your hands!” The whole room raised their hands. Konoe did likewise.

“All oppose?” No one raise their hands.

“The motion passes!” The hunt for the rat became serious with one vote. The woman in the door vanished after the vote was taken.

Back in Watari’s lab…
Sign up to rate and review this story