Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Heaven and Earth

Project Sunny

by Noizchild 0 reviews

After being swabbed for DNA, Daiyu drops serious information that turns the case into a rather dangerous position.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Watari - Published: 2015-07-23 - 474 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Project Sunny:

So much can happen in three days.

Watari swabbed Daiyu’s mouth. Her fangs alone caught his interest.

“Wow, two and a half yaoguai in two weeks!” he said. “Someone loves me this month!” Daiyu rolled her eyes. Freak!

“Look,” she said. “How long will this take?”

“About two or three days,” Watari said.

Daiyu frowned with big eyes. “You’re kidding, right?”

“It has to be done right.”

She folded her arms across her chest. “I don’t have much time.”

“Yes, we know. In the meantime…” Watari closed up the swab. “I need you to id a body.” He led her to the two bodies in storage. “Can you handle this?”

“Yes,” Daiyu said.

“Okay,” Watari said. He drew back the sheet. Daiyu looked and gasped.

“Take your time it you have to,” he whispered. The color drained from the girl’s face.

“Sis!” she said. “No!”

“I’m so sorry.”

Daiyu looked up. “What happened to her?”

“We believe she and her lover were murdered.”

“Mama and Papa were right.”

“Pardon?”

“They didn’t approve of Ngo’s relationship with that human. You see, we eat our lovers after sleeping with them.”

“Why did she spare Himura-san?” Watari asked.

“Love.” Daiyu grabbed her arm. “What was she thinking?”

“Let me guess, they had a hot night together, she became pregnant, they started dating, your parents threatened her to end it, but she refused, and ran off with Himura-san.”

“Yes.”

“Okay. Why did you come here?”

“I had been talking to Ngo in secret until weeks ago.”

“You sensed something wrong?”

“Yes.” Daiyu reached into her cloak. “I found this while looking around his apartment.” She handed him a printed out flyer. Watari’s eyes caught the words “drug testing” and “pharmaceutical.” He roughly grabbed her by the shoulders.

“Tell me everything you know,” he shouted. “Tell me everything you know!”

“You’re hurting me!” Daiyu shouted. Watari let go, backing off.

“How much do you know?” he asked.

“I was looking for my sister,” she said. “I learned that Ngo was staying at that man’s apartment. They already moved out, but I looked anyway.”

“Where did you find the flyer?”

“It was crumbled up on the floor,” she said. “I can’t read it at all. What does it say?” Watari read the flyer for himself. His eyes grew wide.

“No way…” he murmured. Watari raced over to his phone sitting on his desk.

“What’s wrong?” Daiyu asked. The scientist dialed the boss, ignoring the girl.

“Konoe-san! It’s worse than we thought! We’re dealing with the Viper’s Teeth group and Project Sunny!” he shouted. Daiyu caught those last six words.Viper’s Teeth? Project Sunny? Her eyes widened as the color drained from her face. No…!

Watari trembled as he hung up.
Sign up to rate and review this story