Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Promises And Lies

by story_master 2 reviews

Promises are made. Lies are told. And they are all in for a surprise.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-15 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 1193 words

2Original
Jay woke up in the middle of the night. He couldn't sleep. The events of the past day kept running throuhg his mind. He turned over and looked at his clock. It read 2:37. ' Great he thought.' He got up and decided to go and get something to eat. He hadn't realized how hungry he was before. he then remembered that he had missed diner. He got up and snuck downstairs, careful not to wake anyone. He wore his faded navy blue pajama bottoms and a white t-shirt. He was ooking in th efridge when a noise behind him made him jump. He smacked his head off the freezer door.

" Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." a voice said.

Jay turned around, rubbing his head, to find that Theresa was standing behind him. His mouth dropped open. She was standing there in a tank top and short shorts. When he finally realized that he was staring he turned away. His face went crimson.

" So what's your story?" she asked.

" Couldn't sleep and I was hungry. What yours?" he said, grabbing some grapes.

" I couldn't sleep either. I kept thinking about today." she replied sitting down.

' Great thanks for reminding me how I failed at saving the world.' he thought as he closed the fridge and turned on the light.

" It's not your fault Jay." she said. He realized that he had been thinking out loud.

" Yes it is. Because of me a physco god now has the power to destroy the world." he sat down across from her.

" Are you forgetting the prophesy. Seven heroes will defeat him. There's still seven of us... but only if you don't leave." she said sadly.

" I should. I'm not a good leader. If I was Cronus wouldn't have the ability to destroy everything." he said lowering his head.

" Jay we need you. Without you the prophesy is broken. Then Cronus wins." she replied looking at him intently.

" Maybe I don't want to save the world. Maybe I just want to go back home and be normal." he said, still avoiding her gaze.

" Fine. Go." was the reply he got.

He lifted his head not believing what he was hearing.

" Like I told you before if you don't believe we can win then leave. But you'll be letting the world down, you'll be letting your friends down and you'll be letting yourself down. We can beat him. It's in the prophesy." she continued.

" I don't know. You guys would be better off without me." he said.

" Jay we need you.... I need you. Promise you'll stay." she had rested a hand on his.

He looked up at her. She was pleading with her eyes for him not to go. Jay couldn't go. He couldn't do that to her.

" Fine. I'll stay. I promise." he replied finally.

" Good. You're our leader Jay. Without you we'd be lost." she got up and kissed him on the cheek, then she disappeared upstairs.

Jay sat there stunned. He couldn't believe what just happened. ' Does this mean she...' he let his thoughts trail off. After he finished his snack he headed upstairs for some sleep. The next morning he was the last to get up. He showered, got dressed then headed to the kitchen. When he got down to the kitchen everyone was chatting excitedly.

" Hey guys." he said as he grabbed some cereal.

He got replies such as ' hey.' ' morning.' and ' what's up.' He looked at Theresa who had a huge smile on her face. He smiled back. He couldn't help but smile at her.

" Hey guys Hera wants to see us today." Odie spoke up.

" About what?" Herry asked with a mouth full of cereal.

Everyone just rolled there eyes. Mintues later, after breakfast, they all piled into Herry's truck. They arrived at the schooland went to the gods secret world. They were on their way to Hera's office when Theresa suddenly stopped. She was having a vision. She was looking at herself from above. She was running, running from someone. No. Something. All she saw behind her were shadows. Her vision ended. Her breathing got short and shallow. She dropped to the floor. She couldn't breathe. Everything went black. Suddenly she heard someone caling her voice.

" Theresa? Theresa?" the voice sounded so familiar.

" Is she waking up?" another voice asked.

Theresa opened her eyes.

" Everyone! She's waking up!" another voice called.

Slowly she began to see shapes and colours. Then everything became clear. She was staring up at six very concerned faces.

" Are you okay?" Atlanta was the first to ask.

" Yeah. What happened?" she asked, sitting up.

" You passed out." Neil said bluntly.

" Did you have a vision?" Jay asked looking at her with concerned eyes.

" Uhh. No. I didn't." she lied. But she didn't want the others to know. Not yet anyway. First she wanted to talk to Persephone.

" Are you sure your okay?" Odie asked.

" Yeah. But you guys go ahead. I think I want to talk to Persephone first." she replied standing up.

" Okay." They said. Then they parted ways.

" Persephone?" Theresa called as she entered her mentors room.

" Yes dear?" Persephone called from behind some flowers.

" Could I talk to you about a vision I just had?" she asked wwalking over to her.

" Of course dear. Please sit down." Persephone replied.

Theresa told her about her vision. Afterwards Persephone sat there thinking.

" Do you know what it means?" she asked with hope.

" No I'm afraid I don't know." she replied.

Theresa could tell that she was keeping something from her.

" Okay. Well thanks anyway. Bye." she said getting up to leave.

" Bye dear." she called.

Theresa decided to walk home and clear her head.

MEANWHILE...

" Cronus can't use the power of the amulet unless he takes the soul of someone with a pure heart. All of you are at risk. As you know heroes have the urest of hearts. Cronus will take any opprotunity to get you." Hera said as she paced back and forth in front of the six young heroes.

" So we just have to avoid Cornus and his plan is toast. Easy enough." Neil said, once again admiring himself in his mirror.

" Where's Theresa?" Hera asked.

" She went to see Persephone." Herry replied.

Just then Persephone entered the room, and no Theresa.

" Hera, may I speak with you?" she asked looking very concerned.

" Yes. Where's Theresa?" Hera asked.

" She went for a walk." she answered.

" Oh dear," Hera said, " You should hurry and find her... before Cronus does."

" I'll go." Atlanta said and bolted out the door.

ELSEWHERE...

Theresa was walking through an alley she used as a shortcut. She heard something behind her. She spun around. Her mouth dropped open.
~*~

What was Persephone hiding? What was behind Theresa? Why did Theresa lie to her friends? Which one of the young heroes will fall victim to Cronus' evil plot? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: I hoped you guys liked this chapter. I may not update for a little while because I must babysit but I'll try to update as soon as I can. Anyway please R+R. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story