Categories > Books > Classics

Maybe In Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid

by SamuelPower 0 reviews

Taylor Jenkins Reid is an extraordinary creator with supernatural qualities that absolutely take you away with her book Maybe in another life.

Category: Classics - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2015-09-09 - 554 words

0Unrated
"Maybe in another Life":http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23492661-maybe-in-another-life is the story of Hannah Martin. Not very far into the book she settles on a conventional choice that has a phenomenal "fork in the road" impact. In one life, her decision drives her to run home with her old flame, Ethan, following a night at a bar. In another life, she chooses its best not to surge things and run home with her closest companion Gabby.

“I no longer believe all is fair in love and war. Your actions in love are not an exception to who you are. They’re the very definition of who you are.”

What’s the Story?

From the acclaimed creator of Forever, “Interrupted and After I Do” comes an amazing new novel around a young lady whose destiny relies on the decision which she makes in the wake of chancing upon a past love interest. In substituting parts, we see two conceivable situations develop—with stunningly diverse result. At the age of twenty-nine, Hannah Martin still has no clue what she needs to do with her life. She has lived in six distinct urban communities and held countless meaningless jobs since graduating college.

On the heels of leaving yet for another city, Hannah moves back to the place where she grew up of Los Angeles and takes up living arrangement in her closest companion Gabby's guestroom. Not long after returning to town, Hannah goes out to a bar one night with Gabby and gets together with her secondary school sweetheart, Ethan.

Soon after 12 pm, Gabby inquires as to whether she's prepared to go. After a minute, Ethan offers to give her a ride later in the event if she wants to stay. Hannah hesitates. What happens in the event that she leaves with Gabby? What happens on the off chance that she leaves with Ethan?

The Problem was…

The novel is composed in parallels, with one section covering her decision to run with Gabby and the following covering her decision to run with Ethan. The parts interchange forward and backward in that example until the end of the novel. What makes this novel succeed is the way that the individual storylines have the capacity to remain totally separate and fulfilling, while additionally staying joined through captivating strategies.

What Happens to Hannah?

In simultaneous storylines, Hannah experiences the impacts (effects) of every choice. Rapidly, these parallel universes form into fundamentally distinctive stories with huge scale results for Hannah, and in addition the individuals around her. As the two other realities run their course, maybe in Another Life raises questions about destiny and intimate romance: Is anything intended to be? What amount of in our life is controlled by possibility?

What's more, maybe, most compellingly: Is there such a mind-bending concept as a perfect partner? Also, maybe most compellingly, there such a thing as a soul mate?” Hannah believes there is, and, in both worlds, she believes she’s found him.

About Me

I am a book worm who spends most the time digging old novels in my parents library. I have a taste of romantic and thriller novels with a pinch of neo-comedy. To see what I am up to, subscribe to me at "Time to Break":http://www.timetobreak.com portal and keep up with me.
Sign up to rate and review this story