Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Falling Ch. 1

Ch 3

by Daughter_of_Rome 0 reviews

Valla realizes that this book was not a prank after all.

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2016-01-05 - 563 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER 3: HEART ATTACK

There were screams and the sounds of frantic footsteps.

"Someone help!" "Someone call the Guards!" "The Councilor is dead!" "Get the Med Team!" "Give her some room!"

Well, I guess that was my cue.

My boots went on my feet and ran out the door so fast it was as if they were enchanted. The other Guards flew out of their rooms as well, all in various stages of undress.

Please, don't let it be Nikole.

Unfortunately, the frantic cries led me straight to Councilor Javacole's room. The door opened wide on its hinge, Dr. Ramsay was kneeling by a still lump still underneath its blanket, checking the corpse for any indication as to what may have happened to her. He arose to report his findings to Cameron Kisstoff , the captain of the Night Law Guards.

"It was a heart attack, no signs of poisoning yet, but we'll do an autopsy to be certain." The doctor reassured him.

Heart attack?

"When did she die?" Cameron asked, always being suspicious of deaths.

"There's slight rigor in her eyelids and jaw, just the rest of her face is slack, so I would assume about 2 to 3 hours." He estimated.

My blood ran cold. I went to sleep about that time, right after writing Nikole Javacole's name in the DeathNote. The coincidences were too much, there's no way it could all just be a bizzare twist of fate.

I had killed the Councilor. I watched, stiff as the crowd of saddened citizens filed back to their quarters. I could turn myself in, but they would think I was crazy, believing myself to be able to cause heart attacks. Could I really just get away with it, go about my life as if I hadn't just killed someone?

"Valla?"

A shriek escaped me as sometjing touched my shoulder. I feared it was the Devil, come to reap my wicked, murdering soul. Or that it was neither an Angel or a Devil, but something that lurked in a place that was between Heaven and Hell.

"Valla, are you alright?" The hand's owner spoke with genuine concern in his icy blue eyes.

"Oh, Captain Kisstoff, you startled me." I breathed, brushing a lock of messy, mouse brown hair behind my ear. I feared he would see right through me, look into my eyes and tear out the killer in me. "I'm just a little rattled is all, with the death of the Councilor and all."

"It was just a heart attack, Val. She might not have been particularly old, but she has been ill lately." He placed his strong arm around my shoulders. "You look hungry, I'll take you to the mess."

"No, I'm fine. Thank you, Captain Kisstoff." I just need to sit in my room and come to grips with what a horrible thing I have just done.

"It's Cameron, Val." Although his voice sounded irritated, his face still expressed worry for my health. "At least let me walk you to your door."

"No thank you, Captain Kisstoff, it's just around the corner." I smiled and playfully punched him in the shoulder like I had seen his guy friends do.

I left him there with a frown and a shaking head. Normally I would be honored to have such a handsome man escort me home, but at the moment I was worried about my soul.
Sign up to rate and review this story