Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Free fall

Clear

by panda_1418 1 review

Don't want to spoil

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-08-18 - Updated: 2006-08-18 - 485 words

0Unrated
[Scarlett]

Scarlett's eyes flickered as she regained consciousness. She slowly lifted herself out of the uncomfortable position she was in. She moved her arm -

OW!

Scarlett clamped her right hand onto her left arm. She felt around, and came to a conclusion: broken. Looking around, Scarlett found Al coming to as well. He groaned as his shattered glasses slid from his face.

"Aw man, I loved those shades!" he complained.

Shaking her head, Scarlett turned her attention on Delilah ... that was odd. She was just sitting there, slumped in her seat. Scarlett rushed over ad checked her pulse.

There was none.

She put her head to Delilah's chest, trying to hear a heartbeat.

There wasn't one.

Scarlett leaped up, calling to Al as she ran for where the defibrillator was stashed, "Get Delilah on the floor! She's not breathing!"

Al sprang into action. Scarlett gingery opened the over-head compartment, praying the defibrillator was in working condition. As the door popped open, Scarlett sighed in relief. The defibrillator hardly had a scratch on it. Talk about luck.

She grabbed the yellow machine and raced back to Al and Delilah. Al was trying to give the agent CPR, but it wasn't working. Scarlett placed the shock pads on Delilah's chest and held them firmly.

"Clear!" she shouted.

Delilah's body jolted forward, but nothing changed.

"Clear!" Scarlett cried.

Al obeyed, activating the defibrillator. Again, Delilah lurched forward, but nothing happened.

"Clear!"

Jolt. Nothing.

"Clear!"

Lurch. Nothing.

"Clear!"

Jolt. Nothing.

"Clear!!"

Lurch.

Nothing.

"CLEAR!!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Julius]

Julius was fading away into Dreamland having just been injected with the sleeping serum. As the blackness surrounded him, something caught his eye. An image was forming in front of him. It was ... no.

Delilah, on the floor, a defibrillator attached to her chest.

Scarlett, holding the shock pads, yelling "Clear!", though Julius heard no sound.

Al, sitting at the main body of the device, activating the electricity when Scarlett comanded.

Julius computed all this into one possilbe meaning: Delilah was dead or dying.

As soon as the thought struck him, the image faded away. Julius shouted, "No! No!" and began pulling himself through the dark towards the fading particles. But as he got there, the picture disappeared. Julius grabbed at the air, attempting to drag the image back.

But it was too late.

The darkness began to fade into a TV station, and Julius was re-living the mission where Ms. Deeds had tried to take over the world with a news channel. He was in his body, but had no control over the movements. He just sat back, not enjoying the ride, thinking about Delilah.

Al and Scarlett would save her, no doubt ...

... wouldn't they?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scarlett]

"Clear!"

Jolt. Nothing.

"Clear!"

Jolt. Nothing.

"Clear!"

Nothing. No jolt. No shock.

Scarlett turned to face Al. "Come on, start the machine, Al!"

The Big Man had tears in his eyes. "It's no use, man. She's gone."
Sign up to rate and review this story