Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

Bargain

by Noizchild 0 reviews

After securing Abaddon's Box, Watari talks to the scientists in Viper's Jaws' lab.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Watari - Published: 2016-01-28 - 370 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bargain:

November 20th, 2010.

Watari logged Abaddon’s Box into evidence. He shuddered when he touched it. Such a freighting beast. Watari was quick to lock up the glass case. The Ju-Oh-Cho in England would pick it up this evening. Good thing for them all. Onto more important issues.

Watari pulled out his cell phone. No missed calls. He frowned at his screen.Hm… Looks like I’ll have to try again. The scientist dialed up Viper’s Jaws’ lab again.

“Hello?” one of the remaining scientists asked.

“Hey there,” Watari said.

“Oh it’s you.”

Watari pouted. “Aw, you don’t sound so happy to hear from me.”

“Well… Uh… My boss isn’t too fond of you people.”

“Do I need to guess why?”

“No.” The scientist paused on the other line. “Listen, I’m not allowed to talk to you.”

“I understand.”

“What do you want?”

“To talk.”

“No!”

“Please?”

“I can’t. The boss will kill me.”

“Just ten minutes? Please? I won’t take up too much your time.”

“No.”

“Just ten minutes?”

“Ten minutes?”

“Yes.”

There was a bit of hesitation over the line. “Okay…”

“Thank you. I want to help you close the gate.”

“You do?”

“Yeah. Let us help you.”

“Uh… Are you sure this is a good idea?”

“How desperate are you?”

“Good point. Alright, fine. What do you want to know?”

“Can the child really close the gate?”

“Theoretically, yes. We need to test her blood to see if it will hold.”

“I see. So you want her blood?”

“Yes.”

“Hm…” Watari pondered the situation. “This isn’t one test, is it?”

“No, sir.”

“It’s a yearly thing?”

“Yes.”

“I see.” Watari looked at his laptop screen. “Are there more tests involved with this gate?”

“I think your ten minutes is up, sir!”

Watari’s lips curved into a deviant smile. “That’s okay. We’ll talk later.”

“But…”

“Have a good day. We’ll talk later.” Watari hung up before the other scientist could say another word. He moved his mouse and got to work with the new information he had just learned.This could work, the blonde scientist thought. His fingers could burn up his keyboard.
Sign up to rate and review this story