Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Im With You

Soaked.

by BrutalCrayon 1 review

Avril gets home from school.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2016-02-01 - 486 words

0Unrated
AVRILS POV
When I got home from school I was absolutely soaked. My usually stick straight brown hair was wet and slightly wavy. I went to the mirror and saw my black makeup was smudged and out of place.
"Oh god." I thought. I didn't look horrendous but definitely not the look I was going for. I wiped my make up back into place and headed up stairs to change out of my wet clothes. Once I got to the top of the staircase my mom stopped me. She was still wearing her business suit from work and obviously did not get affected from the rain.
"Oh honey! I am so so sorry about not being able to pick you up," she said, as she started rubbing more of my make up off.
"Mom, it's fine," I told her while scrunching up my face and moving her hand away from me.
"Oh, Avril, I just had this huge meeting today that was so unexpected and I just couldn't get out of it." I stared at her for a moment and told her it was alright.
"I promise mom." I said while heading to my room.
I changed into dry sweats and a tee shirt. I fell back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I was thinking... today was weird. I have never necessary had low self esteem but I have also never had a serious relationship. One where I really cared about the boy.
"Wait." I said to myself, and sat up. "Why am I even thinking about this..."
I shook myself off and walked downstairs.
"Hi" I said to my little sister. Her name is Michelle. "How was your first day of 8th grade?"
She just shrugged your shoulders. I smiled, and played with her hair.
"Dinner is ready you guys!" My mom shouted from the kitchen. I jumped up from the couch and headed over there. As my family sat and started to eat my mom apologized once more for not being able to pick me up.
"You know what mom, it's fine... in fact I even made a friend today because of it." I told her. My mom immediately had a surprised look on her face. I nodded and gave her a smirk.
"Well..." she said, clearly wanting more information.
"It was just a boy who showed me around school, his name is Gerard. He actually lives not too far from here so we walked home together." I told her. She nodded, and smiled. I think it comforts her to know that I wasn't completely drowning in this new town.
I tried not to think too much about gerard after dinner, but I don't know what was happening to me. I just kept thinking about his face, he had this face that just seemed to sincere to me, and to my surprise, I went to bed excited for the next day.
Sign up to rate and review this story