Categories > Cartoons > American Dragon: Jake Long

Beginner's Guide To Caring For Dogs

by malechameleoncare 0 reviews

I come fromFrance

Category: American Dragon: Jake Long - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-02-02 - 1114 words

0Unrated

When you have a dog, you have a best friend. Millions of dog owners around the world know this to be true. However, you are tasked with caring with a dog if you choose to bring one into your home. That's why you need to have some tips about how best to do this. Keep reading for https://veiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2016/01/veiled-chameleons-and-gut-loading.html .


You may be tempted to use your favorite hair shampoo on your dog, but this should not be done. Human shampoo can cause dog skin to dry out. Instead, find a quality shampoo that is made for dogs. When you bath your dog, make sure to rinse all of the residue out of his fur.


If you plan to go for a walk, don't rush. Your dog will feel your anxiety and frustration and won't behave as you wish him to. Take your time, enjoy your walk and give yourself time to correct your dog's behaviors if he is out of line. If you let him get away with anything, he'll learn that it is okay to do.


Be careful when choosing what kind of food to feed your dog. Some dog foods contain dyes and fillers that are simply not healthy for them. When choosing a food, look on the label for words like "AAFCO feeding studies" and "feeding tests". These foods have gone through feeding trials and have been proven to be healthy.


Moist dog food may look more appetizing, but dry food tends to be better for dogs. Kibble is great for your dog's dental health, and in most cases, it's more nutrient rich. If your dog loves the taste of moist food, try mixing dry and canned food together. That way, they get the best of both worlds.


Clean up after your dog when they go to the bathroom in public. Many dog owners let their dog do their business wherever they please whether its on a sidewalk, neighbor's lawn, etc. They can do their business in public, but you must take a bag with you to clean it up when they're done so that it doesn't cause an unsightly and smelly mess for someone else.


If you're having trouble clipping your dog's nails with regular nail clippers, you could try an electric alternative. A nail Dremel is a tool that will allow you to basically file down the nail. This is sometimes less stressful for your dog than traditional clipping. Before using the Dremel, make sure that you allow your dog to get comfortable with the sound and vibration of the tool.


If you do not have a fenced in yard, your dog should remain on a leash whenever it goes outside. If your dog is not on a leash, it could leave your yard and end up getting hurt. A leash is the best way to ensure that your dog will not be harmed by a vehicle, ingest something that it shouldn't, or end up in a scuffle with another animal.


Keep in mind that the pads on a dog's foot are very similar to the skin at the bottom of a human foot. This means that they have a hard time withstanding extreme heat and cold. If you have to take your dog out in extreme weather, make sure that you cover their paws, or you don't have them out for very long.


Do not introduce your dog to strangers right away. Your new pup needs some time to get used to its new environment and owners. Make sure your dog spends plenty of quality time with all the members of your household and introduce strangers slowly once you feel your dog is more comfortable.


Avoid insisting that your dog socialize nicely with every other passing dog. Experts recommend that your dog be able to tolerate introductions through sniffing and eying with another animal, but say forcing the issue can create problems. Accept your dog's lead when meeting and greeting other animals and allow for natural interaction.


When you leave your house with the dog on a leash, go through all doors first. This sets the tone for your entire walk, telling the dog that you are the leader of the pack. As long as you do this every time you go out, your dog will learn the right behavior.


If you are training your dog, make sure the treat you are giving him really is desirable. Pets have preferences too, and if your dog does not like the treat you are providing, there is not going to be much motivation to do the right thing. Try out a few different brands, and remember that soft, chewy treats are generally the most well-received.


If you want a dog that behaves well you must take the time to properly train it. If you do not do this then you will almost surely be dealing with behavioral problems for the length of the dog's life. Training is the only way that you can prevent this from happening.


Remember, your body language tells your dog a lot about what you want and expect. In fact, body language is often a more effective training tool than simply using your words. Therefore, if you are training your pet, have someone else observe your training sessions and give you feedback on what kind of body language you are using.


Never allow your dog to ride in a car unsecured. Sitting on your lap or in the front seat is dangerous both to him and your ability to drive. Always place him in an appropriately sized pet carrier or invest in a pet seat belt that will keep him snug and safe in the middle of the back seat.


Your dog needs plenty of exercise and play time in order to be happy and healthy. Chasing balls, long walks and indoor chew toys will all keep your pet from getting bored and causing problems. Bored dogs tend to chew furniture, shoes, and can literally tear a home apart if left to their own devices!


You need to teach your dog a few simple commands at a very young age for its own safety. Your dog should always come when you call its name and a command such as 'give' should be used to get your dog to stop gnawing at a potentially dangerous object.


When it comes to priceless information, you now have all you need to get started. The first step is to take one tip and put it to use. Once you have mastered that technique, move on to the next. When you are using all the advice, find another article and start over. Your dog will appreciate it!
Sign up to rate and review this story