Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

The Meeting

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Aiguo and his research team meet with the shinigami to discuss what to do with Kirika-chan.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2016-02-12 - 607 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Meeting:

4:00 p.m.

Aiguo and his men stood outside the Tsuzuki apartment. The mob boss frowned as he knocked on the door.

“You sure this is a good idea, boss?” one of the scientists asked.

“I don’t care,” Aiguo said. “I just want to get this over with.” They pretended to be civil when the door opened. Watari greeted them with a smile.

“Welcome!” he said. “So glad you could make it. Come right in.” Watari led them into the apartment. Aiguo snorted as he followed behind.

-------

Everyone sat in the living room. Aiguo’s eyes shifted between the key players.Heh, they have gathered. This should be a riot.

“Please take a seat,” Watari said. Aiguo and his men sat down on the free chairs. The boss glared at him the whole time. The blonde scientist clapped his hands.

“Good,” Watari said. “We can begin.” He walked over to his chalkboard.

“Now,” the shinigami said. “We have a mess to work through. The gate keeping out the monsters is breaking down.” Watari pulled down the chart he made. His audience looked at his poor artwork with funny looks.

“What are those?” Aiguo asked. Watari ignored him.

“What can we do?” he asked. “Viper’s Teeth might have the solution.” Watari turned his focus to the baby. “This little one might hold the key.”

Anna held the baby to her chest. Aiguo clenched his teeth.

“So?” he asked. “How do we test this key?”

“Hand her over,” Aiguo said.

“No!” Tsuzuki snapped. Watari put up his hand.

“Calm down,” he said. “We need to talk this out.”

“What is there to talk about?” Aiguo asked. “The key comes with us. End of discussion.”

“No, she won’t!” Tsuzuki yelled. Watari cleared his throat.

“May I suggest that we do the tests in Japan?” he asked. All eyes fell on him.

“You?” a Hong Kong scientist asked.

“But how?” another one asked.

“With your help of course,” Watari said.

“No!” Aiguo said.

“It would be better if my lab ran the tests. I could use my laboratory and you can provide your equipment.”

“Why should we?”

“Because.” Watari put his hands on his hips. “We can find more humane ways to run tests on the baby.”

Aiguo snorted at the confident air around him. “Don’t be ridiculous!”

“Perhaps, but we don’t have much time, remember?”

“What makes you think you could pull this off?”

“We can try it. What is it that we have to lose? You’ll still get credit for your work and Asia is saved. Plus, a little baby won’t have to suffer.”

The mob boss folded his arms across his chest. “And how will you guard the key if the tests are successful?”

Watari smiled. “She’ll have two wonderful parents to care for her.”

“Who? The key’s parents are dead.”

“She has a name!” Anna shouted to her own surprise. “It’s Kirika-chan!”

“There you have,” Watari said. “My friend and wife will take care of her.” He turned behind him. “Am I right?”

“Yes!” Tsuzuki said. Anna looked down at Kirika-chan in her arms. The baby was sound asleep. She looked so precious that it hurt her heart.

“Yeah…” Anna muttered.

“See?” Watari asked. “Baby Kirika-chan is in good hands.” Anna smiled reluctantly.

“If you’re still not sure,” Watari said. “You and your men can work with me during the testing.” The shinigami looked uneasy.

“You would do that?” Aiguo asked.

“Yes,” Watari said. “So what do you say?” The mob boss stared at him, frowning. Watari smiled like a wild fox.
Sign up to rate and review this story