Categories > Games > Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic > The Final Song

Escape Pod? 4

by Cydel 0 reviews

No summary

Category: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2016-02-25 - 1308 words

0Unrated
Petra was absolutely livid. Farin had stowed her away in a compartment under the captain's wardrobe, and it had been at least two hours till we could take off and let her out, even though no imperial, besides the Moff ever stepped foot on the deck of the ship. Seeing Petra this angry was like watching a baby rancor. The tiny pilot nearly threw Ferin across the ship. She settled down when dasi'l offered her his chocolate. Mossak was only a short distance from Felucia, close enough that if things went south, we could likely escape there.

I was sitting in the cockpit with dasi'l when he shut off the hyperdrive, the station still fare from being on our newly amplified radar. "Petra, come up to the cockpit". A moment after Dasi'l's call, she climbed in and sat on my lap. "What's up"?

"The station is gonna be able to detect us soon, lets switch it over to dead drift".

The slight smile on her face signaled the captain to get out of her chair, and me to tighten my safety straps.

"Alright captain, switching to dead drift...". Petra reached under the control panel and the metallic clicking of switches sounded off one after the another. The lights in the cockpit shut off and the engines died. The only sound was the fans for the life support system and they began to shudder.

"Hey Thalia"? I looked at the blue skinned man, as he put a holocom in my hand. "Take this into the medbay and hail the station, one of us would do this but our faces are too familiar to republic lackeys. That and yer probably the best actor outta all of us". He nudged me with his elbow grinning like a mad man.

On my way out of the cockpit, I passed Ferin, who was sleeping on the couch in the main room.

"The station is gonna be able to detect us soon, get us turned around".

The slight smile on her face signaled the captain to get out of her chair, and me to tighten my safety straps.

"Alright captain, I've got the escape pod aimed at the station". Petra reached under the control panel and the metallic clicking of switches echoed one another. "that'll disable the safety lock. She's ready to separate".

"Hey Thalia"? I looked at the blue skinned man, as he put a holocom in my hand. "Take this into the escape pod and hail the station. Once you've got the data, sebd three fast clicks then four slow on the holocom. We'll come a runnin'. One of us would do this but our faces are too familiar to republic lackeys. That and yer probably the best actor outta all of us.". He nudged me with his elbow grinning like a mad man.

I knew he was right, but the fact that he knew it was unsettling, a question for another time though."I'll need to borrow some cloths and find some where to keep my lightsaber"

"What kind"?

The Escape Pod was large enough to fit seven or eight people in, it had seats and cabinets. I sat down and wrapped a blanket around myself; the life support system wasn't heated on in here. The door behind me ceased shut and Dasi'l's voice come on over the intercom. "Go ahead an' strap in, we'll be seperating in a moment, once we're gone, use your holocom to get a hold of the station". Out the window, I say he ship pull away and shrink into the black till I lost sight of the thrusters. I hit the open signal button. The only place near enough for the small device to reach would be the station, or a passing ship. After a few moments, an old man in robes gleamed up from the holocom. "This is a restricted area, what is your business here"? I didn't even need to act, just loose the imperial accent and the chatter in my teeth and the fog of my breath could carry me, "t-t-this Ashil Moro, m-m-my Pods b-been d-drifting for days. P-please I-I need some w-where to land"!

"How may are in the pod with you"? The concern in his voice was heavy, but I could feel something else, he wasn't just an ordinary old man. 'He's a fool for not masking his presence with the force'.

"Only m-me, I c-can't stand the quiet any more p-p-lease..." I pretended to choke down a sob, which seemed to convince the Jedi fool.

"We will send a ship to tow you into the hanger, hold on, help is coming".

Alligator tears freezing on my face, I thanked him in my chattery shuddering, scared little girl, voice. 'what a sucker right'? The transmission closed and I sat in there, wearing a pair of Petra's flight pants and a bright blue vest that Joeci had offered me, looking like a classic spacer girl wrapped up in two thermo-blankets.

The pod shuddered and the door to the pod swished open, letting in a wave of fresh, warm air which was closely followed by five armed Republic soldiers. Bare foot and only armed with my heavy blaster, I staggered forward to their poor gullible arms. The largest of them caught me and I dropped my blaster, which I hadn't planed for. "Come on, lets get you to the mess hall for a hot meal". I nodded quickly, just noticing that I was actually rather hungry.

They gave me hot chocolate and a warm bowl of soup. Both seemed beyond delicious compared to the food on the ship. The cook and the man that had carried me sat next to me on either side. "That was r-really good...".

"It really isn't much, just the usual republic rations and hypothermia kit". In response to the soldiers words, the cook nodded and picked up the bowl and cup before walking back into the galley. "lets take you up to the command deck to talk with Master Ukiora. He's the one that you talked with you over the holoterminal".

"What's y-your name"?

"I'm Sergeant Ross".

I held out my arms and he picked me up, easily cradling me in his arms. Moments later, we were in the Command Room with the Jedi scum. Ross set me down in front of Master Ukiora, I stumbled a bit, just to add to the act.

"I'm glad to see your well Ashil". I smiled and laughed lightly,

"Th-thank you master jedi"!

"we'll let you stay aboard this station with an escort till we can figure out what else to do. Do you have any loved ones that you could call"?

"N-no they w-were all still on th-the ship when the Imperials attacked us my pa told me told me to wait in the escape pod, then he shot me off... I-I saw the ship when it... when it..." Tears flowed freely down my cheeks and my false sobs shook me hard. The old jedi embraced me,

"The empire won't be able to hurt you again Ashil, you're safe here".

I had to struggle to keep my sob from turning to a laugh at the horrible irony of the truth. Then the old jedi whispered almost to quiet to hear "Very nice story little sith, lets see what you have planed".

'SHIT, shit, shit, shit, shit'! I couldn't keep the supersize from my face. "Wha...".

"not here, not now, I don't want to have to kill you, especially not in front of my men. We'll talk later". He pulled away smiling softly, " Sergeant Ross, could you show our guest to my padawan's chambers and tell her to keep Ashil company".

"Yes sir".

So, with all of the color drained from my face and the confidence I had stripped away, I followed Ross to what would be my prison.
Sign up to rate and review this story