Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Reason to Dance

Chapter Five

by Tataru 2 reviews

Kagome's ex-boyfriend causes a career ending injury, sending Kagome back to Japan. Can she heal her heart as well as her body?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Miroku, Naraku, Sango, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-08-21 - Updated: 2006-08-22 - 4275 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five

Two weeks ago...

Suffolk County Superior Court
Manhattan Division

The following is a true and accurate account of proceedings taken from inside the courtroom:

"Your Honor, the defendant would like to plead out to the violation of Penal Code section 242."

"Objection your Honor, the defendant, and the victim were in a committed relationship. This domestic dispute led to a serious bodily injury on the part of the victim by the defendant. Dropping these charges from felony assault to misdemeanor battery would lessen the severity of the crime."

"Your Honor, my client and Miss Higarashi, were both under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident. Simple disagreements led to a slight physical altercation, Miss Higarashi was unintentionally injured. To force my client, an upstanding member of this community, to serve an extended sentence over an argument would be an injustice."

"Your Honor, this was more than a simple argument, the victim in this case had to undergo surgery to repair the damage Ms. Anderson's client inflicted, and her physical therapy is ongoing. Dr. Montoya submitted a report to this court that Miss Higarashi may never have full use of her leg again, that a full recovery may not happen."

"Your Honor, this incident is a regrettable one but was done in the heat of passion and not a deliberate act with malice of forethought. I would also like to add that Dr. Montoya's report also stated, specifically, that a full recovery could be made."

"Unlikely."

"Nevertheless, possible and Mr. Kagewaki has already agreed to pay for all necessary medical treatment including her ongoing therapy. Your Honor, the D.A.'s office is attempting to vilify my client with these charges and tear apart this couple by insisting upon this restraining order, an act that the victim herself never requested."

"I've heard enough councilors. After review of all the evidence and in the furtherance of justice, I am prepared to pass Judgment on these proceedings. Will the defendant please rise."

oOo

"45 days?"

"That's what it says." Kagome said simply, exhausted with the whole business. She pushed the letter away and stretched, the new balm her mother was working into her ankle felt wonderful. Whatever was in it was taking much of the stiffness and pain out of the joint. She hadn't even needed a pain pill that morning.

Her mother was quiet, unusually so. She was only this quiet when she was upset about something and considering the contents of the very official looking letter she received from the Suffolk County Deputy District Attorneys office it was understandable.

They had dropped the charges from a felony to a misdemeanor and the sentence of 180 days was all suspended but for 45 days, which would release him from custody as time served the day the case had been adjudicated. The restraining order had been modified to a do not harass order, which gave him the ability to contact her as long as he did not threaten her or harass her in any way. She was glad she had come home though. His actions toward the end had begun to bother her and his jealousy had begun interfere in her life.

'Why, Hitomi? Everything was going so well, why did you have to screw it all up?' Kagome thought to herself bitterly. Guys were so hard to understand sometimes.

He had seemed like such the perfect guy. Tall and dangerously handsome. His eyes, oh his eyes could send the most delicious chills running through you and his voice was like the smoothest of chocolate, something you could savor for a long time and never tire. Why did he have to screw it all up by acting like some domineering brute? They could have been so happy together.

A pair of fluffy slippers appeared before her, stepping on the torn open packet and moving unsteady and slow toward the kitchen. The appearance of another was enough to stay her mothers impending questions. There was so much she had not revealed to her and was not at all sure she wanted to. She hated feeling deceitful, but sometimes not knowing the truth was better for you then knowing it. After all, they say ignorance is bliss.

Kagome rolled over onto her back. Her position from the floor afforded a good view of a sickly Sango. She looked very pale and drawn, her usually sleek hair falling out of a messy bun and her shoulders were hunched as if the weight of the world was upon her alone. A pale delicate hand clutched her overly large and fluffy pink bathrobe closed. Sango's father had purchased the robes for each of the girls as graduation gifts from school, imported from France and made from pure Egyptian cotton; they were the most luxurious items any of them had ever owned and the cuddliest.

Her mother gave her a pat on the leg before going to Sango and attending to her. Her mom was a natural caretaker, always tending to others and bringing them comfort. Having been released by her mother, she stretched lazily before rising unhurriedly and retrieving her guitar from behind the sofa. She made her way into the kitchen, plopping herself onto a pillow at the low table where Sango was already seated.

As her mother busied herself preparing tea and breakfast, Kagome lightly fingered the strings of her instrument. Her eyes looked Sango over; her eyes were half-closed and swollen and surely felt red and raw. Her pale lips were parted slightly and Kagome could still smell the mint toothpaste she had used.

A quick glance at her mother to see she was busy and Kagome leaned over and whispered, "I thought you were giving up drinking?"

Sango gave a small tired self-depreciating laugh, "Ya, I guess I should have remembered that, huh."

Sango gratefully received the cup of hot tea Mrs. Higarashi pressed into her hands and drank deeply from its hot contents, a look a relief crossing her face, a touch of color returning to her lips.

Kagome set aside her playing as her mother placed a steamy bowl of miso soup to her right and steamed rice on her left along with a dish of natto and one of grilled salted salmon. Her stomach growled out for sustenance and she dug in appreciatively, slurping down the bowl of soup before diving into her rice and natto. With food before her she paid little mind to anything else and missed the ill look that crossed Sango's face as she watched Kagome inhale her breakfast, gently eating from her own bowl of steamed rice.

Kagome had not even noticed Kikyo until she spoke. "Slow down Kags, you're going to put on more weight you keep eating like that."

Mrs. Higarashi hushed Kikyo while she placed dishes in front of her but the damage was done. Kagome had stopped eating and looked down at herself, noticing for the first time that she had gained a little bit of weight. She loved food but Kikyo was right, without working out everyday for hours on end, she shouldn't be eating like a horse anymore, she was doing nothing to burn it all off.

As this thought came to her, so did a memory from the night before. The vivid memory of a romantic night setting and of a very large chocolate dessert smothered with cream and syrup. And the additional vivid memory of her smacking Sesshomaru's hand away from it so she could eat the lions share.

She cringed in embarrassment and swallowed hard the once deliciously moist food, now dry and tasteless. 'What must he think of me?' She thought in horror as she fled to her room, abandoning the rest of her breakfast to Buyo.

oOo

The cost to detail his car was over 23,000 yen at the detailers. Sesshomaru grudgingly signed the receipt.
Used condoms under the seats, Inuyasha would die by his hands. He ignored the knowing smiles from the two girls behind the check out counter. Inuyasha would no doubt have loved this.

As he jumped into his Lexus, which was thankfully Inu Crew musk free, he noticed a piece of paper lying on the passenger seat. He retrieved it and smirked as he noticed two names and phone numbers. He crumpled the paper and shoved it into the empty ashtray. Inuyasha was going to pay with his life.

As visions of a bloody and pummeled Inuyasha flashed through his mind, he made his way to the Shrine, intent on taking Kagome out to lunch. Last night had been a nightmare and he sincerely wanted to make it up to her. There was a new place down by the beach and the long drive would be perfect to get to know her better.

He had fallen asleep the night before just thinking about her and trying to recall all his earlier memories of her. It amazed him that she had always been there while they were at school and he rarely paid any mind to her at all.

One memory in particular surfaced. Something he had forgotten, yet another of Inuyasha's increasingly famous birthday parties. After that first year he had been allowed a DJ and dance floor, every birthday there after had turned into a huge party with an increasingly larger number of under and upperclassmen in attendance. As usual, he had been in his room reading when he heard the party chanting 'Kagome...Kagome...Kagome.' Curiosity getting the better of him he looked and watched as she danced by herself in the center of the dance floor to an MC Hammer song.

If she could dance like that at 16, wonder how she could dance now, or how she did dance anyhow.

The thought brought his fantasy crashing down. How did she get hurt anyway? According to Sango, it was the handy work of some ex-boyfriend but why? Kagome was sweetness itself, what kind of bastard could be so cruel to her. He wanted to ask her but her avoidance of saying anything having to do with her injury had shown she did not want to talk about it. Maybe today he could get her to trust him enough to tell him. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.

He pulled into the parking slot at the bottom of the shrine steps; he knew the shrine would to be closed as Kagome's grandfather was gone for the day. He heard the music thumping from the shrine before he even reached the steps. As he climbed the steps, he heard the familiar lyrics of Christina Aguilera's 'Dirrty' coming from the dojo. Could she be dancing right now?

He crept along the backside of the dojo and peaked around the corner. She had the door thrown open wide allowing the sunshine to bath the room in golden glows. Crystals hung along the doorways sent little bursts of color all over the room, giving it a club like feel. Perfect for the way she was dancing, and damn, the way she was dressed made things that hung low very hard and tight.

Her jeans, slung low on her hips hugged her tightly before flaring out near her calves. It was surprising that he even noticed her jeans since her well-proportioned chest giggled just so with her staccato hip movements.

Tight hip huggers (low fo' sho')
Shake a little somethin' (on the floor)
I need that ... to get me off
Sweatin' till my clothes come off

She ripped off her white silky shirt revealing a black bra covered in studs that matched her black belt on her hips. Wow, she was...well built that was sure enough. He wondered for a split second if he should be watching but he just could not tear himself away from the vision undulating in front of him.

All his thoughts began to center around one area of his body, as her movements became slower and more sensual, lots of hips movements as she dipped lower to the floor.

He watched the sweat rolling down her body. Never in his life had he thought sweat could be an erotic experience. He hated to do it but he tore himself away from the scene. Visions of her writhing beneath him flew through his mind and he looked back one more time, bad move.

It should be illegal to move like that, her hands where all over her heated flesh and her sensual movements were heating his blood something fierce. Okay, time to leave.

The music continued to pump through the shrine as he ran down the steps at breakneck speed to his Lexus. Just as he was about to make good his escape Mrs. Higarashi called out to him.

"Oh, hello Sesshomaru." She said pleasantly. "Are you coming or going?"

Mind thinking quickly, he decided that he had just arrived. It would look odd that he did not say hello to anyone but was seen leaving. "I only just arrived, Mrs. Higarashi. I was hopping to see Kagome. Is she feeling any better?"

"I believe she is now. Could you help me?" She asked kindly.

He obliged, relieving her of some of her burden before following her up the steps. One could get quite a workout going up and down these stairs. No wonder the girls were always in excellent shape.

"I'm glad you've come, Sesshomaru. Kagome has had a difficult morning and I hope you can help take her mind off of things for a while."

"I would be glad to. Do you know of anything in particular she would like to do?" He was going to take whatever scraps of information he could get on her just now. And pumping her mother for information seemed like an easier task.

"Why yes actually. She had mentioned going to get a tattoo done." She had stated. Sesshomaru stopped at this for a moment before recovering and inquiring further. Surely, he had not heard her correctly.

"Yes, you know, one of those henna tattoos. They are very pretty and she has always enjoyed them. Might be just the thing to cheer her up."

They had reached the house and Sesshomaru realized that he no longer heard the music thumping. He looked toward the dojo with longing, almost walking into a wall when he did so but recovered quickly and followed Mrs. Higarashi into the house, setting the groceries down onto the counter. The kitchen still smelled of steamed rice and natto, no doubt served for breakfast.

He accepted the tea Mrs. Higarashi placed before him with a seated bow. Habits being what they were, he always acted traditionally around his elders. And knowing that Mrs. Higarashi had once been a Geisha before she met her husband, she knew all about manners and he was loath to slight her in any respect.

Even sans the traditional clothing and hair, she carried herself well and with great respect. He could never remember a time, save for the funeral of her husband, where she did not smile. They say that you know how a girl will be when she becomes a woman by looking at her mother. His thoughts turned to Kagome as his cell phone rang.

"Hello Sesshomaru, its Kagome." He looked at his phone, shocked. She was breathing heavily and his body was beginning to react. By Kami, you would think he was hitting puberty again. When she continued speaking, Sesshomaru barely realized that he had not said hello

Okay... his silence spoke volumes. Guess she imagined the nice guy last night. That, or the memory of her hogging all the food and shoving it into her fat face scared him off. Oh well, guess it would not have worked out anyway. She really should just give up men entirely and take up with woman. At least she understood members of her own sex.

"I...umm....never mind, sorry to bother you." She hung up the phone quickly and just so he could not call her back, she turned it off. She slapped her hands over her face and screamed. Why did she call him? She sighed, letting her hands fall out to her sides and staring dejectedly at the ceiling.

Sesshomaru looked at his phone. She hung up on him. Well why wouldn't she? He was being a jerk by not acknowledging her or even saying hello. He pressed the memory button and pulled up her number to call her back. All the heat he felt earlier for her was doused by the ice water digital voice telling him that her phone was not available. Fuck. He snapped his phone closed and hit himself in the head with it. He was an idiot.

He had temporarily forgotten where he was and almost jumped when Mrs. Higarashi inquired if everything was okay.

"Yes, it was Kagome calling, but we were disconnected. I'm going to go see how she is." He rose slowly, making his way calmly to the dojo, not wanting to betray any eagerness by running as he was want to do.

Looking cautiously into the dojo, he searched for her. She lay on her back, her injured leg propped up against the mirror, eyes closed. Her disheveled hair spread all around the floor, a few strands clung to her still sweaty form.

Okay the heat was back again. He could just imagine that this would be how she would look after sex. He took a deep breath and entered the dojo.

Kagome's eyes flew open when she felt footsteps on the floor. She flung herself to the side in panic then laughed self-consciously when she saw who it was.

"Damn Sesshomaru, don't sneak up on me like that." She closed her eyes again, tapping her toes to the music that was thankfully lower then earlier.

"Sorry." He said as he took in her silver toe rings. Was she wearing those last night?

"It's okay. You just surprised me is all." She opened her eyes and looked at him questioningly. "Why are you here?"

He lowered himself down to the floor near her, shoving the mental image of her moaning his name away. "You called."

"Well ya, like two seconds ago.

He gave her a sexy smirk before explaining what happened at the detailers, changing the story a bit so that he had arrived there just in time to be of use to her mother. Which reminded him, Mrs. Higarashi had mentioned that Kagome had a bad morning, he wondered if it had to do with her leg bothering her last night. But if her leg was bothering her how could she be dancing like she was this morning?

He took in her position again and noticed that she still wore the brace from last night, her foot was swelling, and she was laughing at him. Tears of mirth streaming into her hairline as she laughed so hard she went silent and lay there shaking, one hand clamped over her mouth the other hugging her stomach. All he could do was stare down at her coolly, which only seemed to make her little body shake harder.

He rolled his eyes and leaning against the mirror, waited patiently for the fit to end.

She could not help but laugh at him, she knew her friends all to well. Introduce alcohol to the situation and you had an Inu orgy. She could just imagine his face when he found out about it, she was just a little surprised he hadn't killed the lot of them on the spot. The mental image of the always impassive Sesshomaru turning into a rabid dog and going after her Horney friends sent her into another fit of laughter as Sesshomaru waited patiently, or who could ever tell with him sometimes, maybe impatiently for her to finish.

Sesshomaru eyed the hysterical woman before letting his eyes fall on the glass of ice water next to him. He plucked an ice cube out of the cup and leaned over her. Her laughter ceased as she felt the ice cube on her lips. She watched him suspiciously, as he slowly rubbed the ice along her lower lip and trailed slowly down her chin. The water coming off the ice from her heated flesh slipped down her jaw and disappeared into her hair. He continued his slow torture down her neck and continuing down the center of her chest, he smirked at her whimper, he continued all the way down to her belly button with elicited a sharp intake of breath from her.

Sesshomaru gave her a sexy smirk before withdrawing his torture devise and popping it into his mouth. "Finally, peace and quiet." It was his turn to laugh as she curled up and pushed him back to the wall with a humphing sound closely followed by a 'jerk'.

Her annoyance didn't last long though and she laughed. Turning her eyes back to him she asked, "Why are you here again? I forgot?"

"You called me, remember."

"Oh ya." She looked away shyly.

"Why are you on the floor anyway?" He decided that he would just have to take the conversation into his own hands if he was going to get anywhere. But then again, it was nice to be with her.

Her face took on a definite guilty look. He was constantly amazed at how her every emotion seemed to play on her face. She was very entertaining.

"Well...." She looked like she didn't want to tell him but then sighed her defeat and looked at him. "Last night was torture for me. I wanted to dance so badly and it's been so long. I've never gone a day without dancing before all this happened, it's in my blood. When I hear music, my body wants to move with it. Last night was just another reminder that I couldn't."

She left out the fact that Kikyo's comments sent her to her medicine cabinet for some painkillers with the full intention of working off last nights indulgence as well as her breakfast.

"I actually came out here to do some stretching and some light exercise." Now she looked very guilty. "I guess I got a little carried away and started dancing. I did almost make it through a whole song, which was like maybe three minutes." She laughed easily at herself but he could tell by her eyes that she really missed being able to move as she did before. It must be very hard on her.

"But I over did it and couldn't move. Since no one was home I thought I would take you up on your offer, I didn't hear mom come home or I wouldn't have bothered you." She finished the last very fast and seemed embarrassed, blushing slightly. On the other hand, it could just be the exercise. Satisfying his curiosity, he noted that the flush extended down to her breasts. He wondered to himself if he could make her whole body blush. Now was probably not the best time to explore that thought.

"Okay, time to get me up and out of these clothes." She laughed again at his stunned expression. That's payback for the ice mister, she mentally smirked to herself. He stood and pulled her waiting arms up so she was standing on her good leg. He turned his back to her and she leaned onto him, holding onto his shoulders as he pulled her legs up onto his hips. The feel of her heat on his lower felt so good pressed against him. When he left the dojo, he made sure to hop down the steps so she bounced against him. It got the desired effect and he smirked to himself, as her body was now flush against him. Damn she felt perfect.

They entered the house and passed the kitchen and a humming Mrs. Higarashi who was chopping up vegetables.

He carried her up to her room and deposited Kagome on her unmade bed. She lay there for a moment and looked at him. "Soooo....you wanna do something today?"

He moved to her desk and sat down on the wooden chair. "Did you have something in mind?"

"Have you ever been to the outdoor malls on the east side?" She hadn't been there in years and she wondered if they had anything new. It would be a fun way to spend the day with him and she was dying to get out of the house and away from her sister. She loved her dearly but still.

Less then an hour later she was clean, refreshed and pain free thanks to Mr. Pharmaceutical. The meds she took during the day didn't have the intoxicating affects of the night meds but she still felt much better. Dressed in dusty blue hip hugger bell-bottoms and an oversized white shirt open enough to show off her black bikini top she was for lack of a better word, hot.

Kagome noticed Sesshomaru's clothing for the first time. Did he always dress so conservative? Well she was just going to have to fix that in a hurry. She gave him a wicked grin and giggled evilly.

Sesshomaru's look clearly said 'uh oh.' Kagome could only roll her eyes and laugh, grabbing his hand and dragging him behind her toward his car. He loved the sound of her laughter; even her little evil giggle gave him a thrill. When they reached the steps, he offered his back again and she wasted no time in mounting him. He liked the fact she seemed to trust him more and more. Maybe he would not kill Inuyasha after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story