Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Don't Trust The Shadow Dwellers

by story_master 5 reviews

Theresa and Atlanta run into a problem with their plan.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-22 - Updated: 2006-08-22 - 749 words

1Exciting
Theresa was huddled on the floor shaking violently. Atlanta went to her side and try to comfort her and calm her down. Billy just stood there wondering what was going on.

" Is she okay?" he asked looking at the sobbing red head.

He didn't get an answer. Atlanta was too busy trying to calm her friend down. It took several minutes to calm Theresa down. Before long her sobs gone away and she was just sitting there staring out into space. Atlanta helped her friend up.

" What did you see?" she asked, concern heavy in her voice.

" I saw Jay and Archie. Their here. They were trying to find us when... the Keeper caught them. And... they were...." Theresa couldn't bare to finish her sentence.

" Don't worry. We'll find them before the Keeper does. I'll try my PMR." Atlanta suggested. This brought a slight smile to Theresa's face.

" Okay. What's going on here?" Billy asked.

" It's hard to explain. But everything is okay... for now." Theresa said.

" Jay? Archie? Can you here me?" Atlanta called into her PMR.

" Atlanta?" a voice asked.

" Archie! Is that you?" she cried, happy to hear his voice.

" Yeah. Where are you? Are you guys okay?" he asked, his voice was filled with joy.

" We're heading to the exit. Is Jay with you?" Theresa asked.

" Theresa? Are you okay?" Jay asked.

" Yeah we're fine. How are you guys doing?" she asked, a smile spread across her face.

" We're doing okay and---" the PMR cut out.

" Archie? Jay?" Atlanta called.

No answer. Their PMR had died.

" I guess we'd better hurry to that exit." Theresa said.

" Yeah. Come on. Which way was it again Billy?" Atlanta asked.

" Oh I'm afraid I can't let you leave." he said, laughing.

" What do you mean? I thought you said you were going to help us." Atlanta asked.

" Do you really believe everything you're told? I work for the Keeper." he said a smile on his face.

" What? So you've been lying to us this whole time. Why?" Theresa asked, stepping back.

" Well in exchange for keeping my own soul I have to bring him any new souls that enter the Shadow Realm." he let out a long laugh.

Theresa turned around and started to run, pulling Atlanta with her.

" He can't take to the Keeper what he can't catch." she said to her younger friend.

" Then let's hurry." she said racing ahead of Theresa.

The two ran aimlessly. After a while they had to stop and take a rest.

" Oh girls. You can't run forever." Billy's voice echoed through the realm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archie and Jay started walking around keeping an eye out for their friends.They heard footsteps coming towards them.

" Atlanta! Theresa!" Jay cried as he raced around the corner, with Archie following.

They skidded to a stop as they rounded the corner.

" Not exactly." a figure said.

" Who are you?" Archie asked.

" Where are our friends?" Jay demanded.

" Oh don't worry. You'll see them soon enough. You're going to help me catch them." he said laughing.

" Yeah. Like we'd ever help you." Archie said, disgust in his voice.

" I'm afraid you don't really have a choice. Oh and my name is Billy." he said as a large cage dropped over the two boys.

Archie tried to get out but the bars were electrical.

" Now if you'll excuse me I must go find my ticket out of this place." he laughed once more than Billy disappeared into the shadows.

" Girls. Follow the trail of light to your pathetic friends. Surrender yourselves and they may leave unharmed. If you try anything tricky let's just say no one will leave." Billy's voice boomed, echoing through the entire realm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theresa and Atlanta looked at each other.

" We have to save them." Theresa said.

" Let's go." Atlanta agreed.

With that they followed the trail of light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billy reappeared beside Jay and Archie.

" Little do your friends know but this is a trap. they really shouldn't trust anyone they don't know." he laughed once again.

Billy disappeared as footsteps approached.
~*~

What is Billy's plan? Are they all doomed? Does this mean that Cronus has finally broken the prophesy? Is there any hope for the four trapped heroes? Read teh next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked this chapter. I had to make Billy evil otherwise it'd just be too easy. And this way there will be lots more action. Anyways please R+R. Constructive cristism and suggestions are also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story