Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

The Ultimate Sacrifice

by story_master 6 reviews

One of the heroes will make the ultimate sacrifice to save the others.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-23 - 1091 words

0Unrated
Jay and Archie sat in the cage felling complete dread as the footsteps of their loved ones grew louder. They knew what was about to happen.

" Jay! Archie!" Theresa's cry rang out as her and Atlanta ran to the cage.

" Get out of here. It's a trap! Save yourselves." Archie hissed at them.

" No way are we leaving you guys here!" Atlanta hissed back.

Theresa was using on of the functions of Atlanta's PMR when a look of terror fell over the boys' faces. Theresa and Atlanta turned to find Billy grinning at them.

" Well. Well. Well. What do we have here?" he said walking closer to them.

Behind her back Atlanta slipped the boys her PMR. They all kept their eyes on the creep who was circling them.

" I thought I told you not to try anything funny. And here you are trying to free your friends. It's sweet but a poor attempt." Billy said, stopping in front of the girls.

" What do you want with us?" Jay demanded.

" What do I want with you? I have been wandering these halls for centuries! The only way to leave is with the key and someone from the other realm. Now that I have both I can finally return." he laughed.

" What makes you think we'd ever help YOU!" Theresa said with disgust.

" You don't really have a choice." he replied as another cage dropped down, capturing the girls.

Billy disappeared into the shadows once more, leaving the heroes alone.

" What are we going to do?" Archie asked slumping against the floor.

" I don't know." Jay replied sitting beside him.

Suddenly the floor vanished from beneath them. They were sent spiraling downward. It wasn't a very long fall. The four teens hit the floor hard. This knocked them all unconsious.

When they awoke they were looking at Billy's ugly face.

" Good, you're all awake now." he snarled at them as he stepped away.

" If you don't let us go right now you'll be sorry." Archie threatened.

" I have big plans for you four." Billy said, ignoring Archie's threat.

Jay nudged Archie. He looked over to see that their leader had picked the lock on his chains. Archie silently passed in on to Atlanta. Atlanta to Theresa. The three began to pick their locks as well. Before long they were all free. They snuck up behind Billy with their chains.

" Now!" Jay yelled, signally for his friends to tie Billy up.

Once that was a success they put him in one of his cages and they took off. They really had no idea where they were going but they knew that they didn't want ot be around Billy. They were running for amost an hour when the exit came into view. They were almost there when a large figure rose up in front of them. It completely blocked the hall.

" You thought you could escape that easily? Well I probably forgot to mention that I control everything in this realm!" Billy's voice was so loud the four teens had to caver their ears.

The four friends turned and ran the other way. They can to a group of tunnels after ten minutes running.

" It will be harder to catch up if we split up." Jay said.

The others nodded in agreement. With that they took off in their seperate ways. Jay was just about back to the exit when something hit him over the head. It sent him tumbling to the ground, groaning in pain. He knew it was Billy. He turned around just in time to be tied up and dragged away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other three met up with no problem.

" Where's Jay?" Theresa asked, concern in her voice.

" He's pr-" Archie was cut off.

" If you want your pathetic excuse for a leader back go to the exit. I propose a trade." Billy's booming voice once more filled the entire realm.

The three free friends exchanged worried glances. They knew that they had to save him. They hurried back to the exit. When they arrived there they were greeted by Billy who had Jay as a hostage.

" Ah. Good you found your way back." Billy said.

He was standing there with his foot pressing down on Jay's chest. It was pushing the air out of his lungs. Jay was also tied up.

" Give Jay back!" Theresa demanded, anger very evident in her voice.

" Whoa. I said I'd trade him back." a smirk spread across Billy's face.

" What do you want?" Archie asked, showing almost as much rage as Theresa.

" I want one of your bodies. You will be left here and I will take your place in the other realm." Billy said looking at the three angry teens before him.

" Our bodies? Yeah right. Just give us Jay back and we won't hurt you." Atlanta offered a compromise.

" I'm afraid I can't just give him back. You have my offer. Now which one of you will give yourself up to save your pathetic leader." Billy asked, pressing his foot down harder against Jay's chest.

Jay's face was twisted in pain. The force of Billy's foot was pushing the air out of his lungs. He didn't know how much longer he could take it.

" We're not going to go along with your stupid trade. Just give us Jay back." Archie said stepping forward.

" I'm afraid that if you ever want to see your friends and families again you will agree to my trade." Billy sneered.

A silence fell over the five as everyone considered Billy's proposal.

" I'll take Jay's place. You let him go and you can have my body." a voice said breaking the silence.

A smile spread across Billy's face. Horror and disbelief fell over everyone else's faces.
~*~

Who traded themselves for Jay's freedom? Will Billy really let them leave? Or is this just another one of his tricks? Will this trade break the prophesy? Has Cronus' ploy to rid his world of the tenns finally succeeded? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE:Oooooo suspense. Which one of the four teens gave up their live for Jay's freedom? Was it Archie? Theresa? Or Atlanta? Hope you liked that chapter. I'm not sure whether there will be a happy ending or not. I'm just kinda writing this story as it comes to me. The outcome will be affected by my mood and maybe the suggestions I recieve from the readers. Please R+R. Suggestions and constructive critism are also welcome. Can anyone guess who traded their life for Jay's?
^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story