Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Dark Water

The Briefing (Prologue)

by panda_1418 2 reviews

D&J are called to do a simple rescue mission in an underwater research station. Only when they get there, it turns out they're the ones who need rescuing.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-23 - 303 words

0Unrated
Delilah and Julius walked into Al's office, still tired from their last mission to stop the Con man's new take-over-the-world plot. Al was grinning like a mad fool when they entered.

"Hey, kiddos!" he greeted. "Congrats on your last mission. Total success."

Delilah wasn't in a friendly mood. "Al, can't you get some one else to do this? We're wiped."

Al shrugged. "Sorry, man, but everyone else is busy. Besides, it's a simple rescue mission. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours once you reach the oil rig in the Atlantic."

Al waled over to the TV and brought up a map. "This is the Titanic Research Station. Has nothing to do with the ship, dudes, the company just named themselves that. One worker's stuck down there, the opening's jammed and his sub's, like, out of fuel."

Julius sighed. "Idiot."

"I know, man," Al agreed, "but someone has to do it, and it's really easy."

Delilah interrupted. "OK, so what gadgets do we get?"

It was then that Scarlett walked in. "Normally I wouldn't give you any, but since you're my favourite kittens ... I have a small laser disguised as a pen, your standard communication watches and a radio."

"A radio?" echoed Julius.

Scarlett smiled. "Not just any radio. It emits ultrasonic sound waves that fish respond to be getting away, and you can tune in to loads of different stations."

"You ready, kiddos?" Al asked.

Delilah blew hair out of her eyes. "Sooner we get there, the sooner we can leave."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seems simple, right? Hey ppls, thought I'd start a story before we leave on Friday. I got contacts yesterday! Not fun to take out. Right, anyway ... hope Hornby Island isn't all rainy like it was when I went on the West Coast trail with my grade eight class last year.

-panda_1418
Sign up to rate and review this story