Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Dark Water

The Feelings

by panda_1418 1 review

can't summarize

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-23 - 637 words

0Unrated
[Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean]

Al checked the coordinates of the Titanic research station for the third time. This was impossible. It wasn't right ... he must be reading them wrong. Al passed the map to Scarlett.

"Can you read those?"

Scarlett stared at them. "Those say ..." Her eyes widened. "Those say the station is in the middle of the Sahara Desert! Oh, Al! Someone changed the coordinates!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Delilah had been drifting in and out of her fevered dreams. She sometimes didn't remember Julius, other times she thought he was her father ... most of the time she'd talk to him, but couldn't here him answer.

Suddenly, Julius was aware that the water was moving faster. He rose and picked Delilah up in his arms. The water was getting in quicker. They had to move to the next level. He walked up the stairs, his footsteps echoing through the empty station. It made him feel more lonely than ever.

"Ow ..." Delilah whispered. "My neck ... what ... Julius ... where are you ... don't leave me ... alone ..."

She shuddered and slipped away again. Julius laid her down gently at the top of the steps. She was getting worse, that was for sure. If Al and Scarlett didn't get here soon ... he didn't know how much longer she could hold out ... how much more she could hold on to.

Just then, his watch vibrated. Al's voice sounded worried. "Julius? Are you there, man?"

"Where else would I be?" Julius answered.

"Ha ha, I'm sure. What's your status, man?"

Julius sounded sarcastically cheery. "Oh, well, other than the fact that Delilah is getting worse and the water is coming in faster, we're fine. Where are you guys?"

Al chuckled nervously. "Yeah ... about that. Dr Dismay scrambled your coordinates. We can't find you."

"WHAT?!" Julius tried to calm down. "Why are telling me this now?"

"Uh, do you think you could find the coordinates? They're in the main lab on the bottom floor."

"Oh, you mean the floor that's already half underwater? No problem, I'll be right back."

Julius switched the watch off and walked down the stairs moodily. Stupid smart Dismay. When Julius reached the bottom of the steps, he found that the water had risen again. Now only his head and shoulder (a/n knees and toes!) were above the sea water.

He waded through the water until he found the main lab. The filing cabinets had been knocked over and papers floated on the water's surface. One scrap drifted over to him. Julius picked it up and read it.

COORDINATES OF TITANIC RESEARCH STATION (TRS)

Wow, that was lucky. Julius switched on his watch and read the coordinates to Al.

"Nice job, man," Al replied. "We'll be there in about two hours."

"Two hours?" repeated Julius. "We could be underwater by then, Al!

"Sorry, man, we're way off course. Over and, like, out."

A scream erupted from the second level. "Julius!!"

"Delilah?"

He ducked under the water and swam towards the entrance. When he reached the second floor, he saw Delilah, her head in her hands, sobbing.

"De?" he asked, approaching her gingerly. "What's wrong?"

She looked up at him with pleading, crazed eyes. "I can't find Al! Where Al, Julius?"

Julius put his arm around her shoulders. "He's coming, De."

Delilah looked at him doubtfully. "Promise?" she said in a child-like voice.

"I promise,"

Delilah's eyes rolled back and her head slumped forward. She was gone again. Julius brushed the tears from his eyes. It was torture, watching her suffer. She wasn't meant to die like this, crazy and trapped. No one should have to endure this.

Especially not Delilah ... Julius thought.

He beant down to stroke her hair. That was when the station jolted sharply. He looked out the window just as Delilah woke and let out a scream of terror.
Sign up to rate and review this story