Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Everything She Does Is Magic

Letters

by CatLikeThief 0 reviews

Ron and Hermione send each other letters.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hermione, Ron - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-23 - 1450 words

-1Boring
Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.
Hermione stirred in her sleep.
Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.
Hermione groaned. She opened her eyes.
Tap. Tap. Tap.
"Oh," Hermione said walking o the window. She opened it and Pig flew in. he landed on the bed. Hermione took the letter from his paw and patted his head.
"Thanks," She said. She turned on a lamp that was fixed behind the bed and her heart jumped at the sight of Ron's handwriting.
He's OK, she thought. She opened the letter and read it three times over.

Hermione,
How are you doing? I hope it's not too late when Pig gets there. I just couldn't wait any longer to see how you're doing. I know muggles take forever to fix cuts and all those kinds of things. Please, just send Pig back with some news.
We also want you to stay at the Burrow for a while after you get better. Fred and Angelina are getting married you know, isn't that weird? Fred's getting married. Anyway, they want you to be there for their wedding.
Ask your parents about it. I think the wedding is in about a month. As soon as you're better, you can come. We need as much help as possible.
Please send at least something saying you're ok. Maybe we can come visit you, I don't know. Please just write back.
Ron.

Hermione smiled at the thought of being at Burrow. She knew her parents would want to be with her for at least a week. She hadn't been with them for a very long time, with the war and all. She searched the night table beside her bed for a pen. When she found one she wrote a letter back to Ron, and gave it to Pig.
"Sorry, I don't have anything for you," Hermione said, "Ron will give you a treat when you get there"
Pig gave a little hoot and flew out the window. Hermione closed the window beside him, and went back to bed. She felt good about hearing from Ron.

**

Ron,
I'm so glad to hear from you. How is everyone? Are Harry and Ginny okay? I really hope so. How are you? Everyone in your family okay? How is little Arthur? Does he have red hair like his father? Is Fleur okay?
I don't really know how long it's been since I last saw you. I can't remember anything from the day we left for Godric's Hollow. The doctors (healers) say that it's just a mild amnesia, that's when you loose your memory for a little while.
It would be great if you could come and visit. I want to know all about the you-know-whats, and what happened. I'm worried because I don't even know if Voldemort was defeated. Mom said that you said the wizards were happy, so maybe he was. I think it would be a very long letter to try to explain what happened. It would be much better if it heard it directly from you.
Please write as soon as possible, and ask your mother if you can come visit. This is very short, but it's the middle of the night and the lighting is not too good.
Love,
Hermione.

Ron smiled. He immediately started writing a letter back to her. When he was done, he ran downstairs to tell everyone about her. He jumped the last few steps and stopped in his tracks when he saw a dark haired boy sitting with his back towards him. He ran in the kitchen.
"Harry, mate," he said as he got by Harry's side, "How are you?"
Harry got up and hugged him. "Great, great," Harry said, "a little sore, but I'll be fine"
"Excellent," Ron said beaming. He turned to look at Mrs. Weasley, "Mum, Hermione wrote and asked if we could come visit her. She said she can't remember a thing-"
"Ron, what did I tell you about writing to her?" Mrs. Weasley said cutting him off.
"How did you know I wrote to her?"
"She's staying at a muggle hospital, dear," Mrs. Weasley said. "Where would she find an owl to write to you?"
"Why wasn't she taken to St. Mungos?" Harry asked.
"She needed to be with her parents," Ron said sarcastically.
"Ron," Mrs. Weasley said in a stern voice.
"Alright," Ron said, "the point is that she wants us to visit her. She will be waiting for me to tell her that we're coming, and-"
Mrs. Weasley cut him off again, "You are not to write back to her, understood"
"Mum, I'm old enough to make my own decisions," Ron said.
"As long as you live under my roof..." Mrs. Weasley drifted off.
"I know, I know," Ron said, "I will abide by your rules" Harry smirked. "Come on Harry, let's go to my room"
"Oh, no dear, I was just about give Harry some breakfast," Mrs. Weasley said very sweetly, "You are so skinny" She said with concern.
Harry grinned and Ron rolled his eyes. "OK," Ron said pulling a chair a sitting beside Harry.

**

Hermione sat on her bed watching TV. It wasn't really her thing, she really preferred books, but for the moment she had none. There was a show on about some people lost on an island, and they had to find out how to survive in it. She watched some of it and decided that it was actually good. When it ended a different one started, but Hermione didn't want to watch it. Instead, she got up and walked around the room. There was not much to do in a small hospital room, besides watch TV.
Hermione just sat on her bed. She really wanted to get a letter back from Ron, but that wasn't happening. She lay on her bed and started thinking of all the times that she had been purposely unkind to him. She didn't regret it, but it did make her feel bad.

"Hermione for the last time, please look into my eyes and tell me," Ron said. Hermione kept her gaze on the floor.
"I don't- I don't" Hermione started saying, but didn't turn her gaze from the floor.
"Look at me when you say it," Ron commanded her. Hermione looked into his deep blue eyes. They were full hope, and love for her. Her eyes watered as she knew what she was about to say.
"I don't love you, Ron," Hermione said in a shaky voice, and tuned her head in the other direction and left.
She knew he had just stood there. She heard Harry come into the living room and ask him what was wrong with him. She just lay on her bed, silent tears streaming down her face.

Hermione's eyes watered at the thought of that horrible moment. She didn't want to think about it anymore, but it was one of the moments that made them distant from one another the past year. She turned her head towards the window, and gasped at the sight of an owl. She smiled and sat on the bed.
Hedwig flew in and landed on her lap. "How are you girl?" Hermione asked, and Hedwig gave a little hoot. "You have to be quiet. Muggles around," Hermione said. Hedwig gave a little nod, and extended its paw to Hermione.
Hermione took the letter carefully from her paw and gave her a cracker that she had left from dinner. Hedwig happily took the cracker and made to fly away. Hermione held one of her paws.
"I'm afraid I can't let you out. There's muggles all around. I wouldn't want them to see you," Hermione said. Hedwig gave a disapproving hoot, but stayed on the bed. Hermione placed the rest of her crackers in front of her, and turned to the letter. She opened it and saw Ron's handwriting. He was probably rushed because it was hard to decipher most of it.

Hermione,
I'm sorry this is short, and for sending Hedwig. Would have sent Pig, but Mom took him. I'm not supposed to be writing to you. Mom said it was risky. Anyway, she said we might be able to come tomorrow if she has time. I think she will since there's no one home of the moment, only Harry, Ginny, and me.
Harry's great. We will tell you what you want to know tomorrow.
Ron.

Hermione smiled. She was happy that she was going to see her friends again. She decided to just write 'OK', on the back of the letter. She didn't want Mrs. Weasley to get mad. She gave the letter back to Hedwig and sent her away. She lay back into her pillows and fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story