Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

Wanting Family

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Anna talk about what they want to do with Kirika-chan.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2016-04-04 - 423 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Two: Wanting Family:

To her surprise, Anna found Tsuzuki in the hallway.

“Oh, Asato-kun,” she said. His eyes lit up when he saw his wife holding the baby.

“I’m so glad I found you,” he said. His wife gave him a funny look.

“Why? Is something wrong?”

“No, nothing like that. I just want to talk.”

“Talk about what?”

Tsuzuki put his arm around her shoulders. “Take a walk with me.”

Anna opened her mouth, but closed it when he went into full puppy-mode and started pouting. She closed her eyes.

“Alright,” the woman said. The couple walked around their neighborhood with Kirika-chan in tow. Tsuzuki turned to Anna.

“I think we should adopt her,” he said. The shinigami held up his hand as his wife tried to speak. “Please hear me out?” He took a breath.

“If she is the key, Kirika-chan needs someone to protect her. I feel that we would be perfect.”

“What about Daiyu?” Anna asked.

“She’s only eighteen. I don’t think she can raise a baby alone. Isn’t she still in school?”

“Okay, what about the grandparents?”

“I heard they don’t want her.”

“What?”

“Yeah. It’s really nasty.”

“Why?”

“Her mother dishonored them by going against their nature and falling in love with a human.”

Anna tilted her head. “That’s it?”

“Yes.”

She cursed herself as she saw the set-up. “And… why us?”

“Look at her! Just look at her! She is so precious. Kirika-chan is so cute. How could you turn her away?”

Anna’s lower lip quivered. “But why us?”

“I want us to be family.”

“But why?”

“Because I love you.” Tsuzuki put his arm around Anna.

“Then you know why I can’t.”

“You aren’t like his family.”

“How can you be so sure about that?”

“I’m not.”

Anna gave him a blank stare with big eyes. “What?”

His lips came within inches of hers. “I don’t, but I will put my trust in you anyway. Do you know why?”

His wife pursed her lips as she shook her head. “No…”

The shinigami gave her a quick kiss on her lips. “Because I love you that much.”

“How can you be so selfish?” Anna asked. Tsuzuki patted her cheeks.

“Love,” he said. “Love makes us all selfish in a way.” The shinigami kissed the baby on her forehead. Anna gave him another strange look as he walked forward. She wandered after him trying to gather up her thoughts for something to say back.
Sign up to rate and review this story