Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

Autumn Triangle

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hotaru makes her decision about her futures with Ryo and Hiroyuki at dinner.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2016-05-04 - 479 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Eight: Autumn Triangle:

Hotaru sat lost. This dinner went better in her head. Ryo and Hiroyuki didn’t seem to click with each other. Mike stared at her wondering how she thought this was a good idea. Hotaru sat back and sighed.

“This isn’t working, is it?” she asked.

“No,” everyone else said.

“Figures.” Hotaru rubbed her forehead. Now what?

“What do you want from us?” she heard someone ask. Hotaru looked up blinking.

“Huh?” she asked. All eyes fell on her.

“What do you want from us?” Ryo asked again.

“Love,” the loli demon said. “Companionship, bonds, and… and…” She broke into trembling. “Love. Just… Love.”

“Who do you love more?” Hiroyuki asked.

“I can’t choose,” Hotaru said.

“You can’t or won’t?” Ryo asked.

Hotaru clenched her fists under the table. “Both!” She didn’t wait for a response. “This isn’t easy for me! I thought about this for days. I can’t figure it out.”

“So… What are you saying?” Hiroyuki asked.

“I will not choice,” Hotaru said. “That is my decision.” She pushed up her bangs. She felt like she was drowning. Why couldn’t she stand on solid ground? Her words made her lose her balance. I should just stop now.

“What I am saying is that I love you both.”

“So who would you choose?” Ryo asked. Kazue threw back her head and groaned aloud.

“Who cares?!” she shouted. “This is getting stupid! She said she won’t choose. How hard is that to understand?” She buried her head in her hands. “Oh my god! You people are annoying!” Kazue got up from the table. “I’m out here!” Nobody moved as she went upstairs. Vivian turned when she heard the door close.

“Uh… dinner is good,” she said.

“Yeah,” Mike said.

“Thanks,” Hotaru said in a quiet voice.

“The meat’s good,” Ryo said. Vivian put down her chopsticks.

“I’m going upstairs to study,” she said. “Thanks dinner.” The wolf demon got up from the table and headed up the stairs.

“I think I will go check on her,” Mike said. “Excuse me.” He too left the table. Hotaru, Ryo, and Hiroyuki were left alone at the table. All three stared at each other. Hiroyuki lowered his chopsticks.

“Maybe I should go…” he said.

“No, I should go,” Ryo said.

“No, I should go.”

“I’ll go.”

“I’ll go.”

“No!” Hotaru spoke up. Her potential lovers eyed her as she lifted her head.

“Stay,” she said. “Both of you.” Ryo and Hiroyuki stayed in the spare bedrooms. Hotaru stared at the closed doors from the hallway. The first step turned out sloppy. Maybe they would stay around. However, her attitude on this polyamory angle changed. Ever since she spoke her mind this evening, Ryo and Hiroyuki seemed worth fighting to keep them in her life.
Sign up to rate and review this story