Categories > Games > Zelda

Groose's Big Day

by mariosnarty 0 reviews

Groose finally has the chance to win Zelda's heart. But is it really Zelda that wanted him? {Grink one-shot}

Category: Zelda - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Link - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2016-05-29 - 705 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hey guys! This is my first fiction, so I (oddly) decided to do Groose x Link. Honestly, I'm not the best writer, and I don't edit my stories, so you'll just have to work with what I have. It's just really to warm up my writing skills, but I hope you enjoy!

Groose ran his fingers through his most prized possession, smirking at his reflection.

"You're looking handsome as ever today," he said to himself confidently, an image of Zelda appearing in his mind.

Ever since he had laid eyes on that girl - no, woman - he had fallen completely under her spell. She was utterly beautiful, and any logical man could admit that.

But the was only one thing getting in the way of Groose and his happy ending.

Link.

Groose clenched his teeth in anger at the thought of that stupid brat. If that boy even got close to ruining this night, Groose would lose it. This was his time with Zelda tonight, not Link's.

Groose smirked and nodded at himself, finished raking out his hair with his fingers.

Then he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in," he said, walking up to the door.

His frail friend walked in with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Oh hey, Stritch," Groose said, waving his hand at his slim buddy. Stritch smiled. "What's that?" Groose asked, pointing to the letter.

"This is a letter from your date tonight," Strich answered, holding out the letter. Then he leaned in closer to Groose. "Are you sure Zelda's your date? I'd expect she would've chosen Link."

Groose laughed. "Of course it's Zelda, who else would have asked me to the ball?" Stritch shrugged, sighed, and left the room.

Groose opened up the envelope.

'Dear my sweet Groose,

I hope you are still planning on joining me tonight at the dance. Please meet me tonight at the top of the Goddess Statue a few minutes before the ball begins if you are. I'd like to spend a few minutes with you before we escort to the dance. Please don't be late!

Sincerely,
Your Mystery Date'

Groose chuckled. "Well, it's not much of a mystery to me! I've won Zelda's heart!"

Two hours later

Groose made it to the final staircase to the top of the Goddess Statue. Once he reached the last step, he opened the door and found a figure sitting at the edge of the unrailed platform outside. Groose took a closer look at the figure and stomped is foot in complete rage. Why was he here?!

"Where's Zelda? Did she ask you to be here too?!" Groose's eyes almost formed tears, but he held it in. This wasn't fair! He thought he had won her over once and for all!

"What are you talking about, Groose? Zelda's gone off with her father to save a flock of baby Loftwings. She won't be back until tomorrow." Link said, turning around. Groose noticed Link's eyes sparkle a little, but he quickly shook it off, turning a slight tint of pink.

"Th-Then where's my date? She said to meet her here!" Groose growled, clenching his fits.

Link laughed lightheartedly as he got up and gently walked towards Groose. "Your date is right in front of you, stupid." He smirked deviously, and his face slightly reddened.

"Wha- What do you-?" Groose stuttered, but it was too late to finish his sentence. Link wrapped his arms around Groose's waist, looking down shyly, as if thinking of what to say.

"Groose, I-I've never had f-feelings for Zelda. She was just my friend, and that's all we'll ever be." Link then looked into those blank and confused yellow eyes, and pulled him closer. "I've always had... feelings for you." His ears tinted cherry red as he finished his sentence.

Groose still had no idea what was going on, but it soon caught his attention a few seconds later that Link was kissing him. Groose's face shifted colors, and he had no idea what to do in this moment.

So he decided to just go with it. He kissed Link back.

And from that night, Groose did get his happy ending. Just not the one he had originally asked for.
Sign up to rate and review this story