Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

House Party

by Noizchild 0 reviews

When his friend comes to Japan, Mark decides to throw a house party to celebrate.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2016-05-30 - 873 words - Complete

0Unrated
House Party

Saturdays have nothing to do. This day changed with a text. Mark was sound asleep when his phone buzzed. His hand felt around for his phone before grabbing it. The words alone were enough to wake him up.

“Sweet,” he said to himself. Mark jumped out of bed and ran to Aki’s door. “Aki! Aki!” He pounded on the door loud enough to wake up the neighbors. He stepped back when it opened a crack.

“What is it?” she asked. Mark shoved his phone into her face.

“Look who sent me a message!” he said. Aki narrowed her eyes frowning.

“That’s too close,” she said. “I can’t see anything.”

“Tommy’s coming to Japan!”

“Who?”

“Tommy, he’s an old friend of mine.”

Aki blinked. “So?”

Mark hugged her wildly. “This is going to be epic!”

“Okay… Can I go back to sleep now?”

He gave her an odd look. “Huh? Sure.” Aki closed the door in his face. Mark didn’t let it get him down. He already had plans for this Saturday.

--------

By noon, Mark already had everything set. Aki wandered down to the kitchen, rubbing her eyes. Her “boyfriend” rested his eyebrow on the table and smiled.

“So you finally got up then?” he asked.

“What you waking me up so early for?” she asked, frowning.

“Tommy’s coming to Japan. You remember him? He’s the football friend I was telling you about.”

Aki blinked at him. “Vaguely. Why?”

“We’re having a house party tonight.”

She tilted her head. “We?”

“Yes.”

“With who?”

“You, me, Tommy, Spud, and Sick Boy.”

“That’s not enough for a party.”

“Oh, Sick Boy’s bringing some people over as well.” He noticed her eyes getting big. “Is something wrong?”

“There is no way I’m letting that happen!” Aki shouted.

“Oh come on!” Mark said.

“Why did we need a party?”

“Because I haven’t seen Tommy in years.”

“So?”

“We need to loosen up and live a little.”

Aki puffed up her cheeks as she frowned. “We can’t have a party in the dorm! It’s not big enough to hold all of those people. Do we even have enough stuff for a house party?”

Her “boyfriend” shrugged. “We can manage. Weneed this party. It must happen!” He leaned in close enough to fall off the table. “Please?”

His “girlfriend’s” lower lip trembled as she looked away. “But…”

“Come on, please?” Mark did his best to give her puppy dog eyes. Aki whimpered as she clinched her fists.

----------

7:00 p.m.

Sick Boy was the first one to show up.

“Hey,” Mark said as he let him in. “How ya been?”

“Good, good. I got you a present.” Sick Boy moved aside and revealed a hoard of girls standing in the hallway.

“Are these for us?” Mark asked.

“That’s for you to find out,” his friend said with a wink. He slipped a bag of E in Mark’s pocket before walking into the dorm. Sick Boy happened to look into the living room spotted Aki sitting on the couch, frowning.

“Hi,” he said, waving. She rolled her eyes.

“So who else is coming again?” Sick Boy asked.

“Tommy and Spud,” Mark said. His friend gave him a strange look.

“That’s it?” he asked.

“Yeah.”

Sick Boy shrugged. “Meh.” The girls followed him into the dorm. Mark closed the door behind him.

“When’s Tommy getting here?” Sick Boy asked.

“Shortly,” Mark said. He turned on the music and the party took a long time to start.

8:15

The party was small, but it started to kick off with E. Mark looked up when he heard a knock on the door.

“I’ll get it!” he shouted. The man danced over to the door and opened it. Spud stood next to a tall man with curly blonde hair. Said man held a bottle of beer in his right hand.

“Mark!” he shouted. The host of the party broke into a smile.

“Tommy!” he said back. “How have you been, man?” The three men hugged.

“Great,” he said. “And you?”

“Good,” Mark said. “Come on in, the party’s just getting started.”

“Yay!” Spud shouted. The men walked into the dorm. Meanwhile, Aki took a sip of her beer and shrugged. Aw, fuck it, she thought. I might as well enjoy this. She got up and walked over to the boys.

“There she is!” Sick Boy shouted. Mark put his arm around his “girlfriend”.

“Tommy, this is Aki,” he said. “Aki, meet Tommy.” The man with the blonde curls broke into a huge grin.

“She’s really,” he said.

“Hi,” Aki said with a small wave. Mark took another drink of his beer before dragging her back to the living room to dance with her.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Come on,” he said. “Dance with me.”

“Do I have to?”

“Yes!”

His “girlfriend” lowered her shoulders. “Fine.” The pair danced into the night as everyone drank and got high to the loud music in the background.

“I will remember this night forever!” Spud shouted. Aki shook her head to herself. Might as well, she thought. This should be alright, right?
Sign up to rate and review this story