Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

Workout

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Haru subjects, Mark, Aki, and Natsu to morning summer exercises. Aki doesn't seem to mind it.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2016-07-04 - 772 words - Complete

0Unrated
Workout

Aki didn’t mind toady’s latest scheme. Yesterday’s victory over Takeru tasted so satisfying. Even Haru’s agenda didn’t faze her.

“You need to get out and exercise more,” the oldest sister said.

“Whatever,” Aki said. Which is how she ended up here this morning. Mark and Natsu would’ve rather been back in bed. Aki stood with her hands on her hips, grinning.

“Why are we out here again?” Mark asked.

“My sister is an evil dictator,” Aki said. Her “boyfriend” gave her a funny look.

“What are you grinning about?” he asked.

“I won!”

Mark rolled his eyes. “That again?”

“I won! That’s all that matters!”

“Yes, you keep reminding me.” He pressed his hand to his forehead. Haru clapped her hands together.

“Okay, people!” she shouted. “We shall begin our exercises. I don’t want to hear any complainants. You will complete everything before time is up. Any questions?” Nobody said a word. Haru blew her whistle.

“Good, let’s begin,” she said.

“Bring it on!” Aki said.

Haru’s Workout Regiment:

Stretching

Fifteen minutes of stretching. “Right arm over,” Haru said. “Hold for sixty seconds and switch sides.” All four began stretching like instructed. It looked easy so far. Mark and Natsu didn’t complain. Aki took her mind back to her victory yesterday. Kobo VII was armed with a sword. Its owner went out of her way this time.

Back in reality, the training began.

Jogging

First, they had to jog around the yard for ten minutes. Still not so back, the weather girl said it wasn’t supposed to get so hot today. The distance was quite long around the yard. Haru led the pack as they ran. Aki, to her own surprise, managed to keep up as she replayed the battle with Takeru in her head. Meanwhile, Mark and Natsu struggled to keep up with the other two.

By the end, Aki and Haru were the only two standing.

Sit-Ups

Next came the sit-ups. All of them had to do fifteen each. Haru and Aki went first while Natsu and Mark held their feet. Both sisters seemed to keep up with the rhythm. The younger thought about Takeru’s defeated expression on his face as Kobo VII delivered the final blow. It was so beautiful. That little brat wasn’t so cocky now. It felt so good to see him on his knees, crying.

Aki happily replayed the images in her head as she held down Mark’s feet. Her Scottish “boyfriend” frowned as he went up and down.

“Could you stop doing that?” he whispered.

“Doing what?”

“Grinning like that. It’s creepy.”

Aki opened her mouth, but Mark shot her a frosty glare as his shirt became stained with sweat. She closed her mouth and let the image of victory run freely in her head once again.

They all still had four more exercises to do. And it was still morning too.

Push-Ups

Next came twenty-five push-ups. Aki looked like she would crack, but she kept her mind on winning first place in the robot wars.

“I’m hungry,” Natsu complained. “When’s lunch?”

“It’s too early for that,” Haru said.

“But I’m hungry!”

“Keep going on. The faster you get through this, the faster you get to eat.”

“But I’m too tired!”

“Stop complaining and keep going.” Haru did one more push-up before jumping to her feet. Natsu groaned and rolled her eyes.

“I hate this!” she yelped.

“Complaining will not help you,” Haru said. “Everyone up for the next exercise!” Groans filled the air.

Walking

The next one wasn’t as painful, but Mark and Natsu wanted to sit down at this point. Aki always returned back to last night’s victory. Haru looked over her shoulder.

“Everybody keep up!” she shouted. Mark and Natsu groaned as Aki made herself grin once again.

“Yes ma’am!” the middle sister in the group shouted. Just a little bit longer…

Light Jogging

The walking picked up into a light jog. Only Haru and Aki managed to keep pace. Mark and Natsu took about eighteen steps before they collapsed on the ground. When the exercise was complete, Haru looked over her shoulder. She raised an eyebrow when she saw Aki grinning at her.

“Got anything else?” the younger sister asked.

Cool Down Stretching

After some light cool down stretching, everyone was done for the morning. Aki lay on the ground, grinning at the sky. She had survived day one, but she knew that this high wouldn’t last as long as Haru was running the show.
Sign up to rate and review this story