Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

Leaving

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Aki is gone and Mark thinks about that night he slept with her and what their relationship means now.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2016-07-06 - 632 words - Complete

0Unrated
Leaving

Aki left this morning.

Mark lay on the couch, staring at the ceiling. The family was gone except for Haru who was working at the academy. Mark himself didn’t feel like doing much today. Sick Boy was out with another girl again. He didn’t know where Spud and Tommy were. Mark pressed his hand to his forehead.

This is weird, he thought. His mind went back to Aki. They still had that night to talk about. Mark trembled as he remembered what happened last time. He had never seen her get so snappy before. The Scottish man was tempted to disappear into the ground afterwards. Still, she wouldn’t leave his head.

-Mark-

Things feel like they have changed. I’m still the same, though. She’s still her. (I think she’s still her. I don’t know how to get into that one, so I won’t even try it.) But we seem different somehow. Her family had nothing to do with what I’m talking about here. They might have added on to what happened afterwards. I’m talking about what happened that night.

Yes, that night. I am starting to remember what happened. I think I led the way and she was up for it. Or was it the other way around. I don’t know, if I think about it again, I might make myself sick. It still doesn’t answer what big question that I have now.

What are we now? I know we faked our relationship just to get this apartment. But now, we actually shagged and she won’t say anything. I don’t even know what I want. Are we in an actual relationship now? Doesshe want to be in a real relationship? Do I want areal relationship? I frowned as I dropped my hand by my side. The more I think about this, the more it gets confusing.

Then, there is her family.

Oh boy. Most of them are okay. Natsu and Ichiro both like me as their own. Fuyu and her husband, I still don’t know much about. The main problem is Haru. Oh, that one is a little bit of a headache. The way she looks at me is just kind of creepy. I don’t know how to act around her. I don’t think she would accept me as part of the family. I can’t help but wonder how she would take it if she learned that my relationship with Aki is fake. I don’t really want to picture that, so I am not going to.

Which leads back to Aki and me. Frankly, I’m tired of asking myself these questions. I pressed my hand to my forehead. Damn it, my head is starting to hurt. I looked at my mobile phone on the floor. Oh, hell. I might as well get this over with. Of course, Aki doesn’t pick up. I sighed. Figures. I might as well do this anyway.

“Hey, Aki,” I said to her voicemail. “How are you doing? I’m kind of bored myself. There’s no one in the apartment and I don’t know where my mates are. But, I will be fine, I guess.” I pressed my lips together before I brought myself to say the next thing.

“Look, we need to talk about that night,” I said. “Please don’t dodge me on this. Just hear me out. I have to know now. What are we? Call me back as soon as you get it.” I hung up and rolled over on my stomach, burying my face into the cushion.

I’m too tired to think about this shit all over again. I closed my eyes and dozed off on the couch.
Sign up to rate and review this story