Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > A Series of Ficlets

Being Made to Listen

by Lazuli 0 reviews

Prompt: Riku/Sora sap, Sora likes Riku, and Riku is totally oblivious.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Riku, Sora - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-27 - Updated: 2006-08-27 - 293 words

0Unrated
Sora didn't want to push Riku into anything. After all, they had just gotten back from defeating Xemnas and Riku was still coming to terms with the whole "giving into darkness" thing.

But... Sora kicked a sand dune and huffed under his breath. Sometimes Riku was as dense as Sora was frequently accused of being. Riku didn't get how Sora felt about him. He avoided him half the time, always with these half-guilty looks and apologetic stares.

Didn't he realize that Sora didn't care about what happened before? Riku wasn't darkness--he was Sora's light. If Sora could be Riku's light, then the opposite could be said! Sure, they were good friends at first, but as time went on and the struggle to find Riku increased, Sora knew that he loved Riku.

And if Riku was so smart, why didn't he NOTICE? Sora growled again and kicked another sand dune, wet sand clumping around his shoes and sticking to the soles. Sora's lips firmed. He was tired of offering a caring smile to have him be told that Riku "didn't deserve it". He was tired of reassuring Riku that everyone forgave him and especially Sora.

Sora was going to prove to Riku once and for all that Sora cared for him and loved him. If saying he was going to stay in the realm of the dark didn't give Riku a clue, perhaps shoving a hastily torn piece of Paopu fruit down his throat would.

It took Riku almost choking, beating Sora with the flat of his wooden sword and several days later before the boys could be seen cuddling in the Paopu tree on "Riku's" island.

Sora didn't mind the stares or bruises one bit. He had Riku--now and for always.
Sign up to rate and review this story