Categories > Anime/Manga > Ronin Warriors > One Week

Sunday

by Topaz_Kat 0 reviews

One week in the lives of the guys, and peculiar happenings with their beloved tiger.

Category: Ronin Warriors - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-08-27 - Updated: 2006-08-27 - 1097 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own the Ronin Boyz or Byakuen, I'm just messing with them for a little while and I promise to return them to Bandai eventually and relatively unharmed.

Shin walked himself downstairs, stretching as he went. It was a lovely day out already and from what the forecast said, it would stay that way. He looked out the kitchen window, pleased as punch to see the clear blue sky and the green leafy trees surrounding the lake, maybe he'd convince the others to go out so that they could all have a grand time playing in the water for the first time that summer. It would have to wait until everyone was up and awake, but that shouldn't be too much longer now.

Walking into the living room with his cup of coffee, Shin decided to sit out on the front porch swing. It was just too lovely to stay inside today. Besides, he thought it would be nice to listen to the birds serenade him while he sat and thought.

A moment later, the house was rocked with a loud, horrified scream. "RYO!" the shout could be heard coming from the red headed warrior.

Seiji had sat up an instant, having been no where near as tired as his black haired kitten the night before. The bar he worked at as a bartender had been jumping horrendously last night, and by the time Seiji had gotten there to pick him up and take him home, Ryo was ready to collapse.

Seiji grabbed one of the silk robes lying on the chair next to his bed; not caring if it was his or Ryo's and stormed down the stairs to bitch at Shin. When he had first been awoken by the scream, he had thought that something had attacked the barer of Torrent, but after doing a quick mental scan, he could detect no one else on their mountain. He found Shin in shock, leaning against the door with his two lovers standing beside him, trying to calm him down. Shu had an arm around him and whispering soothing things in his ear and Touma was busy rubbing gentle circles on his back, unfortunately, the eldest of the lot of them was still quite frightened by something.

"Shin," he snarled viciously. "You had better have one hell of damn good reason for making me try to wake up Ryo. Or at the very least, a damn good reason for me not to pound you into the ground head-first."

Shin pulled away, looking shaky. "You'll see," was all he said as he pulled the door back open.

Outside on the front lawn was body of deer, next to it was another deer, and next to that was a third. In front of the deer, there were several dozen rabbits and even a few small birds. The macabre line was leading up to the front door where Byakuen stood quite happily wagging his tail.

Touma took the seen in and whistled appreciatively, "Not bad -Blaze, are all these presents for us then?"

In response, Byakuen licked Shin's hand and nuzzled his massive head into disgusted Ronin.

"Oh I see," Touma said with a smile, "he must have heard you bitching about not having time to get the groceries, so he went out and got us some food. That's very nice Byakuen. Don't you think you should say 'thank you' Shin? I mean, he did get all of these critters for you."

Shin looked out over the scene before him and whimpered. "Why couldn't you have been a mystic wolf or something huh?" he asked as he scratched the huge head in reply. "They don't leave humans offerings of devotion. Oh, all those poor animals."

Shu tried very hard not to brake out into laughter, "Look at it this way, Shin, we'll have enough venison for the entire winter and Touma can make that stew you love so much."

Ryo came down the steps, looking much disheveled and very tired. "What's all the noise about?" he asked through a yawn. The first scream had finally made its way through his ears and to his brain.

Shin stormed towards him in a huff, "You," he started, looking very annoyed and making exasperated fists. "You and your cat!" With that he ran up the stairs very quickly, just trying to get away from the disaster that was the front yard, all his plans for the day ruined.

Ryo walked forwards towards the others and buried his face in Seiji's chest, moaning. "What did I do now Seiji?"

Seiji wrapped his arms tenderly around his lover and hugged him. "It's not you, just Byakuen being a large cat." He gestured to the lawn that had turned into an above-ground cemetery. "He brought home presents. I suggest that you get to the skinning at some point, but, Shu and I can move them first. You need to go sleep for a while more; I'm not letting you anywhere near a knife."

Ryo pouted, "Why do I always have to be the one to skin stuff, and not just the stuff that Byakuen brings home on occasion?"

"Well, for one thing," Touma said with a grin as he walked into the kitchen to get some sugared coffee. "It is your cat."

"Byakuen isn't mine, he found me. Besides, we all take care of him, or had you forgotten."

"And," Touma continued, not at all bothered by the small interruption. "You're the only one who can without throwing up a bunch of times." His grin was wicked. "Come on, you know the rules. Byakuen hunts it, you skin it, and I'll cook it. Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I save you some of the rabbit that you can grill, Pyro." He gave an affectionate smile at the nickname he'd given Ryo a long time ago.

Ryo just nodded his head in defeat. "All right, I'll do it. I'm just surprised, he's never brought anything back from his hunts before, have you big guy?" He patted Byakuen on the head, wondering what had gotten into the large beast.

"I'm willing to bet that he heard Shin moaning about not getting the groceries in time and decided to take it upon himself to get us food." Shu explained. "It could be worse though, remember the one time during last winter when he couldn't find any food and went into town to that pet shop?"

Ryo just shook his head tiredly as Touma mimicked the panicked store owner, "'My GOD, Friskies (tm) were EVERYWHERE!'"
Sign up to rate and review this story