Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

Fix Up

by Noizchild 0 reviews

With nothing else to do, Mark tries to patch things up between him, the sisters, and Aki.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2016-08-31 - 805 words - Complete

0Unrated
Fix Up

Everything was in disarray.

Aki refused to talk to anyone. Fuyu and Haru were disappointed in their sister’s deceit. (What made it worse was that Natsu knew it too, but chose not to say a word to them.) Mark was just stuck in the middle. He tried, albeit half-assed, to make it up to everyone around him. Nikki didn’t do much to help him with that area.

“You can’t keep avoiding them like this,” she pointed out. Her boyfriend pulled the cushion over his head.

“I know,” he wailed.

“So why won’t you do it?”

“I don’t know!”

“You don’t know?”

Mark groaned and turned over under the cushion. Nikki had a point. He and Aki started this mess. Now, he had to fix it before things got worse. He just needed to get off of his ass and do it. Oh well, it will be worth a shot.

---------

His first attempt was with Haru. Mark walked up to her office after his classes. The Scottish man tried to think of something to say as he knocked on the door.

“Enter,” Haru said.

“Excuse me,” Mark said as he opened the door. The oldest sister sat at her desk filling out paperwork.

“What do you need?” she asked. Mark rubbed the back of his head.

“Uh…” he said.

“Please use your words. I have a meeting in ten minutes.”

“I just want to say I’m sorry!”

“Why?”

“For lying to you about my relationship with Aki.”

“Is she sorry too?”

“I don’t know.”

“May I ask why that is?”

Mark looked down at his feet. “I don’t know.”

“And why is that?”

“I haven’t talked to her since she left the apartment.”

“Why is that?”

“I don’t know.”

Haru finally glanced up at him. “Until you have Aki here with you, your apology means nothing to me. Have a good day.” It took Mark’s all not to break down cussing at the older woman. Instead, he turned and walked out of Haru’s office.

--------

Mark tried to apology to Fuyu with no avail. She pretty much hung up on him whenever he tried to speak.

“Fuyu, could you please hear me out?” I asked her voice mail. “I really am sorry. Why do you keep avoiding me like this? It was only to try and find somewhere to live while we were in school. We didn’t mean to hurt anyone. Just talk to me.” To his surprise, Fuyu finally called back.

“That’s not the point, Mark!” she shouted. The Scottish man about jumped backwards.

“Huh?” he asked. Fuyu sighed over the other line.

“You don’t get it, do you?” she asked. “You and Aki are both idiots.”

“Wait, you’ve talked to Aki?” Mark asked. All her got was a phone hanging up on the other line. He looked at his cell phone. That reminded him that he still had the hardest task to deal with.

-------

After a day of failure, Mark decided to go home and just disappear into a hole. Would it even be worth trying again? Part him didn’t think so. All the Scottish man wanted to do was sink into a hole and never come out.

However, he reached over to turn on the living room light.

“Leave it,” a voice said. “Being in the dark will make me less angry. I won’t have to see your face.” Mark about jumped when he heard that. He looked and saw Aki sitting on the couch, staring at him.

“You’re back?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said.

“Are you still mad?”

“Yes.”

“Oh. So… why did you come back?”

“I’m not as mad, but I’m still mad.”

“Oh. I tried to apologize to your sisters today.”

“Why would you do that?”

Mark rubbed the back of his head. “I thought that I would try and fix something around here. We’re all drifting apart.” He paused when he heard snorting.

“What?” he asked.

“There’s not ‘fixing’ anything with them,” Aki said. “Just let them stay mad until the storm blows over. That’s what I do. That’s why I took off for a few days.”

“Just let it blow over?”

“Yes.”

“Just like that?”

“Yes.”

“Okay… So… What about us?”

“What about us?”

“I mean… where does that leave us?”

“You tell me.”

“Huh? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“That’s up to you.”

“You’re not making any sense.”

“Shut up now, your voice is annoying me.” Aki got up and walked past Mark. The Scottish man turned his head.

“Wait, where are you going?” he asked.

“To bed,” his roommate replied. She slammed the door before he had a chance to say another word.
Sign up to rate and review this story