Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines SPN

“Admit it,” Hozzie said, leaning against a wall absolutely exhausted “You have no idea where the hell we are.”

“Yes I do.” Penina said stubbornly, standing next to her and putting her hands on her hips “I’m pretty sure the house is down this road somewhere.”

The girls had been looking for the haunted house for around three hours now. It was really hot so both of them were absolutely exhausted from walking around in the heat “You said that four streets ago.” Hozzie said “You don’t know where we are, we don’t know how to get back to the motel, Sam and Dean don’t know where we are-”

“Okay, okay, fine.” Penina said, admitting defeat. It was too hot to argue “Fine, let’s just call them and-”

“We don’t have their numbers, we forgot to exchange them!” Hozzie yelled “We can’t even call a cab because we didn’t bring any money out with us. A bus is out of the question as well. We’ll have to ask someone for directions.”

“Oh God no, I hate asking strangers for directions.” Penina groaned.

“Do you have any better ideas?”

Penina thought for a moment “Try and find our own way?”

“Penina,” Hozzie said through gritted teeth “I’ve been following your directions for the past three hours and where’s it gotten us?”

“Well why don’t you try leading the way?” Penina snapped “It’s not easy!”

“I wanted to stay at the motel room! It was you that lead us on this stupid mission to check out a stupid haunted house. Why can’t you ever just do what you’re told? Why are you always so determined to get into trouble?”

“Because life would be dull otherwise.” Penina grinned “Come on Hozzie, you can’t say today’s been boring.”

“Well no, not when it started with us meeting brothers we never knew we had. But walking around in the baking hot sun for three hours isn’t exactly my idea of fun.”

“We must be near it. Does this sign post look familiar to you?”

“No, why the hell would it?” Hozzie said.

“Hozzie I swear I’ve seen this sign.”

“It wouldn’t surprise me; we’re probably walking in fucking circles.” Hozzie said “Let’s head back now.”

“No! I am determined to find this house!” Penina said, turning and starting to walk down the street “I know we must be nearly there!”

“You don’t know anything you ween!” Hozzie cried “You don’t know where we are or where we’re going or what’s going to happen!”

“I’m pretty sure… If we like… Follow this… Road… Maybe…”

“Dear Lord.” Hozzie said, rolling her eyes.

“Try to have a little faith Hozzie. I know, let’s make a prayer circle.”

“What?”

“Let’s make a prayer circle. Hold my hands.”

“Are you crackers? I’m not making a prayer circle.”

“Stop being a priss and hold my hands.” Penina said. Hozzie sighed, rolled her eyes but took Penina’s hands “Dear Lord, Dear God in Heaven above, Dear Jesus, Dear Mary and Joseph, please help us find this goddamn house.”

“You can’t say ‘goddamn’ when you’re asking God for a favour.”

“Good point. Sorry God, you know I didn’t mean it. I am just absolutely desperate to find this house. Please, show me the way.”

“What do you think He’s gonna do Penina? Magic a compass into your pocket?”

“The Lord will find a way Hozzie.”

“This is stupid.”

“I think it’s worked.” Penina said, letting go of Hozzie’s hands “I feel enlightened. I feel like I know where I’m supposed to be going.”

“Bullshit. I was in the prayer circle and I didn’t feel that at all.”

“You didn’t ask God Hozzie. He could feel your reluctance so he didn’t enlighten you.”

“Okay God’s love child, show us the way to the stupid house then.”

“It’s this way.” Penina said in a dreamy voice “I know it’s the way.”

“Of course you do.” Hozzie said in a mocking voice “Of course you know the way Penina. God has enlightened you.”

Penina started leading them down endless roads whilst Hozzie moaned and complained the entire way behind her “Face it Penina, you don’t know where we’re going.” Hozzie said “Just admit it. I know you think God enlightened you. And that’s nice, that you believe in that and whatever but… I’m so tired. It’s so hot and I’m worried Sam and Dean will be mad at us so maybe if we just head back-”

“Here it is!” Penina interrupted with a wide grin. Hozzie looked up, her eyes wide with surprise. They were stood in front of a large, clearly abandoned house “I knew it. I asked God and He showed me the way.”

“Oh fuck.” Hozzie muttered quietly.



“Think Sam, where would you have gone if you were a fifteen year old girl?” Dean asked, driving the car around and around with no real idea of where to look first.

“How the Hell would I know how fifteen year old girls think?”

“Okay, well, you ran away a bunch of times when you were a kid, where did you go?”

“I’d just hole up somewhere for a few days hoping to stay away from Dad. You don’t think they’re trying to get away from us, do you?”

“I don’t know, okay?” Dean sighed “I don’t know. They’re our little sisters and we don’t know them at all.”

“That’s not our fault Dean.” Sam said softly “It’s not our fault we only just met them.”

“Yeah I know but… Well… Being a big brother, you just…”

“I know.” Sam said “I feel the same way. But we can’t go back and change anything. We can only go forwards. So we just need to find them and maybe take the time to get to know them. Once we’ve finished this case we could take a couple of weeks off, spend some time with them.”

Dean nodded then said “Yeah, once I’m done kicking their asses for walking out and not telling us.” Dean said “Assuming they did just walk out.”

“There was no sign of a struggle Dean, I don’t think they were kidnapped.”

“I know but still… We can’t rule anything out until we find them.”



Penina and Hozzie walked up to the front door of the house, Penina striding ahead while Hozzie skulked behind her. Penina knocked three times at the door “What the bloody Hell are you knocking for you ninny?” Hozzie snapped “It’s a haunted house not a hotel!”

“When have you ever knocked the front door of a hotel?” Penina snapped back “And it’s the polite thing to do. What if there are squatters in there or something?”

“If it’s bloody haunted I think that’s the least of our problems pally.” Hozzie said.

“Jeez, you’re in a bad mood.” Penina said, turning the door handle and opening the door.

“I’m sorry this experience hasn’t been as ‘enlightening’ for me as it has been for you.” Hozzie said, following her sister inside “I still think this is a-”

“A bad idea, yeah, I know.” Penina replied “But God wouldn’t have shown me the way if He truly thought it was dangerous.”

“God did not show you the way.”

“Then how did I know how to find the house?”

“I don’t know, okay? I don’t know. But I know for a fact it wasn’t God showing you the way.”

“Did you hear that noise?” Penina yelled, grabbing Hozzie.

“NO, OH MY GOD, WHAT KIND OF NOISE, WHAT WAS IT?” Hozzie shrieked, hiding behind Penina.

“Nothing, just testing your reactions.” Penina grinned.

Hozzie hit her on the arm while Penina laughed. Neither of them noticed the figure stood at the top of the stairs watching them.
Sign up to rate and review this story