Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Dead Rising

Chapter 21

by Spyash2 0 reviews

They changed the past. But did it have an effect on the future?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-09-29 - 8654 words - Complete

0Unrated
The stone henge that caused Naruto to lose his memories in the alternate dimension started to glow faintly. But with no one in the centre it did not activate. Not completely. Then all of a sudden a hooded and robed figure appeared in front of it. It floated in the centre of the stone henge and surveyed its surroundings.

Raising its hands showing three long clawed fingers, it began to wave and weave its arms in front of it, the air around the stone henge began to shift, twist and then collapse in on itself.

Then when the abnormally of this one specific area was finished the stone henge was gone. Poof. Apart from the stone henge being gone, nothing else had changed.

The efforts of Naruto, Dempsey, Takeo, Nikolai, Samantha and Fuu of changing the future of this dimension has not gone unnoticed.

Their interference and creation of a new dimension has drawn the attention of the Keepers and their leader.

X.X.X.X

The longer Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Samantha and Naruto spent in the past the more they felt something was off. They didn't know what it was but they knew something isn't right. They could feel it in the air. It was like a weight pressing down on their shoulders. Heavy enough for it to be noticed but not enough to be unbearable.

There were times when they made their way to the walls of Konoha they thought they were being watched. But every time they would look that feeling stopped but lingered. Only to return again when they stopped looking.

As the group of seven got closer to the Hidden Village the people around the gate began to take notice. It was slow at first. Only one person saw them approach, then one became two, two became five and so on and so forth until there was a whole crowd of people. A few of them being teenagers with one or two having the weirdest coloured hair.

I mean, sure Fuu's hair is mint green, but some of these people have orange coloured hair. What's next, purple coloured hair? Pink?

As they got closer everyone was able to make out one thing that stood out. A mountain side. With four faces on it. Dempsey is the only one to have commented on it though.

“Huh. I spy a Mount Rushmore.” Said Dempsey, clearly entertained at the sight.

The 13 year old Naruto looked at the marine with narrowed eyes. “What do you mean by that? That's the Hokage Rock.”

The 16 year old Naruto squinted at the Hokage Rock before looking at the solider. “Hey, isn't Mount Rushmore a monument to some America's most celebrated leaders or something?”

“Yeah, nice to see you remember.” Dempsey confirmed with a smile, pleased that his friend had remembered that from a long time ago. “If I remember right it had been in construction for 14 years. It ended four years ago.”

“I don't see how that is of any significance.” The 13 year old, in his ignorance, rudely said.

Seeing the nasty glare Dempsey sent to his past self, the 16 year old Naruto decided to give a little insight. “Mini-me, Dempsey's nation has been around for 300 years. They've had around 32 leaders through that period. Considering Konohagakure no Sato wasn't even around for half of that and those face statues are of your first three leaders, you're not one to talk.”

“Oh yeah” The 13 year old clearly saw that as a challenge and they were already at the front gates of the Hidden Village. The 13 year old pointed at the statue of the the first Hokage, Hashirama Senju. “The First Hokage was the one who founded Konoha!”

“Mount Rushmore has George Washington, the first leader of Dempsey's nation and the one who helped found it.” Naruto stared down at his past self, unimpressed. “Try again.”

Narrowing his eyes the 13 year old pointed at the Second Hokage, Tobirama Senju. “The Second Hokage developed and organized Konohagakure's Military in preparation for war.” let it be known that history is not his strong point.

“He organised and developed the military, big deal.” The older Naruto replied with a scoff. “The third leader of Dempsey's Nation, Thomas Jefferson, was one of the people who helped found it. He was also the one who doubled the Nations territory, helped solidify its' place in the world, and many many more. Got anything else?”

Dempsey pat the 16 year old on the shoulder and as the teenager turned to look at him, he sound the man had an amused smile on his face.

“I think the kid gets the point.” The 16 year old Naruto looked down at his past self to see the kid pouting childishly.

Their attention was brought to Nikolai who cleared his throat. “I do believe we may have unwanted attention.” He pointed ahead and Dempsey and Naruto both looked. They have garnered quite the crowd with a lot of people giving weird looks to the older Naruto. Almost reverently.

The latter did not like the looks he is getting. “The fuck are they staring at?” he was really creeped out at their expressions. It's like they're seeing a ghost.

“They're staring at you kid.”

“I can see that Tank. What I don't know, is why they have that stupid look that looks like they've seen a ghost?”

“I believe I know why.” Dempsey and Naruto both looked at Takeo who was looking at the Hokage Rock with squinted eyes. “The fourth statue. Do you see it?”

At his words Naruto and Dempsey both looked towards the monument and stared at the forth statue. Dempsey saw it almost immediately. Naruto did not. If you were to take away the whisker marks, and give him longer hair, Naruto would almost be the splitting image of that man.

“Yeah. I see it.” The soldier confirmed.

“I don't.” Naruto replied with rejection.

“Seriously?” Dempsey looked at his friend with disbelief. “Get rid of the birthmarks and grow your hair out a little, and you'd be the splitting image of him!”

Naruto frowned and looked up at the statue again and shook his head. He just can't see it. Sighing he looked at his past self who was staring at his future self. “So half-pint, are you okay by yourself here or-”

“Naruto!”

He was interrupted abruptly by a loud feminine voice. Running over to them, while pushing people out of her way, is a very worried pink haired girl wearing a red qipao dress, and tight dark green shorts with a forehead protector with a emblem that looks similar to a leaf engraved on to it.

Naruto, the older one, felt a strange tingle in the back of his head as he stared at this girl. She felt familiar to him. And for some reason being in the same space as her pissed him right off.

She didn't seem to notice the other Naruto and his comrades as her attention was focused solely on the boy. More specifically the dried blood on his chest and the hole in his jacket.

“Oh! Hi Sakura!” The 13 year old Naruto cheerfully greeted her, completely ignoring the panicked look on her face.

As Sakura began to worryingly fret over her team mates condition, Dempsey leaned over to murmur at their version of Naruto from the corner of his mouth, “Seems to me she's a person from your past.”

Naruto leaned his head over to murmur his reply. “I know. My heads getting real tingly from just looking at her.” He narrowed his eyes as a scowl threatened to pull at his lips. “I don't know why but I want to put a bullet in her head.”

Dempsey looked at the teenager concerned, “One of your past abusers maybe?” He gave the pink haired girl the evil eye.

“Probably.”

“Well if that's the case I'll be sure to be between you and the girl.” Dempsey then looked to Samantha, “And just to be sure Samantha will be by your side, right?”

Samantha nodded, “Yes. Of course!”

Sakura finally noticed that the 13 year old Naruto didn't come back alone and upon seeing the older, more mature looking Naruto she went wide eyed. The 16 year old Naruto saw this and frowned at her.

“The fuck you staring at pinkie?” He rudely questioned.

“W-what?” She recoiled as if slapped.

The older Naruto narrowed his eyes at her, “What? Don't understand the question? I'll go slower then. The fuck. Are you. Looking at. Pinkie?”

“Kid,” he heard Dempsey say as he felt the man's hand on his shoulder. Blinking he looked at his friend who is looking at him with concern, “you're letting your anger get the better of you. Take a deep breath. Calm down.”

He stared at the man for a moment and slowly nodded in acceptance before doing as he asked. Inhale and exhale. Inhale and exhale.

“The hell is that jerks problem?” Sakura questioned rhetorically before looking at the young Naruto almost accusingly. “And why does he look like an older version of you?” she demanded from him.

Dempsey narrowed his eyes at the girl and straightened himself to his full intimidating, and burly height. “Y'know, instead of demanding things from him, you could do something a lot better and get him some medical attention.”

“Indeed.” Takeo added in agreement, “Losing all that blood cannot be healthy for ones body.”

Hearing that from the two strangely clothed men made Sakura remember that the younger Naruto is hurt and had lost a lot of blood. Just as she was about to go and get the Hokage the woman herself, along with two faces that are familiar to nearly everyone from the future.

Tsunade, Kakashi, and Jiraiya. Tsunade seeing the young boy hurt, covered in blood with a fist sized hole in his jacket almost flew into a rage. The only thing keeping her anger back was the fact he is standing and healthy looking, despite looking a bit on the pale side. And then she noticed the extra group of people and she knew, she just knew, things got a lot more complicated.

As they were lead further into the Hidden Village at Tsunade's order along with an escort of highly trained ninjas that seemingly appeared out of nowhere, Naruto suddenly looked over his shoulder and scanned the surrounding environment with a suspicious look.

There goes that feeling of being watched again...

X.X.X.X

Turns out the group including the 13 year old Naruto and Sakura had all been taken to the Hokage's office. They kept their weapons in their possession and threatened to hurt anyone who tried to take the guns from them.The young Naruto is sitting in a seat being attended to by Tsunade's student Shizune. All of then baring the Naruto and his teammate Sakura, are standing at attention in front of the woman's desk who had Jiraiya and Kakashi flanking her.

Samantha is still prepared to get them all out of there in case things go south.

“So let me get this straight, you are this brat's future self?” Tsunade questioned, with said question being directed at the 16 year old Naruto.

The past Naruto did not like being called a brat. “Hey!”

“Quiet you.” Naruto said as he looked at his past self, “And yeah, I'm his future self.” He added looking back at the blonde, pig tailed woman with an even stare.

Tsunade nodded and gazed at Tank and Nikolai, Takeo and Samantha and Fuu one by one. “And your...comrades are also from the future...”

“Yeah.” Answered Tank.

“Indeed.” Answered Takeo.

“Diddo.” Said Fuu.

“Of course.” Said Samantha.

“Yeah, sure, whatever.” Replied Nikolai.

The 16 year old gave Sakura a look of disdain, “Quick question: why is pinkie here?” he asked looking back at Tsunade while pointing his thumb at said girl who looked at him with indignation. “She's not important enough to be here for this sort of thing. Not to mention she is likely to blab this to someone.”

“Hey! Sakura would never do such a thing?” The 13 year old Naruto exclaimed in defence of his crush.

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yeah!”

“As sure as you are that she won't hit you for something she deems is 'wrong' or 'idiotic'?” The 16 year old challenged. “Because my gut tells me she does that every single time you do something she deems wrong or stupid.”

Seeing the conversation derailing from the topic Tsunade tried and succeeded to steer them back to it.

“So why did you risk coming to the past? This can and will have an impact on the future.”

Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Naruto, Samantha and Fuu all shared looks before looking back to the pig tailed woman.

“We – and by that I mean him – wanted to save the future from a great threat.” Said Dempsey who looked pointedly at Naruto.

Hearing this Jiraiya and Kakashi shared a look while Tsunade leaned forward on her desk, looking at the marine with narrowed eyes.

“What level of threat are we talking about? Country? Nation?” Getting as much information about this kind of threat as soon as she possibly can will mean more lives will be saved later.

“The apocalyptic kind.” Was the marines grave reply.

“But considering we prevented that from happening that is something you should not have to worry about.” Future Naruto piped in helpfully, though they are going to have to take steps in order to make sure it truly doesn't happen. Which means they're going to need to get rid of the stone henge somehow.

Bring it some place else? Maybe somewhere that is out of the way?

“And now zhat threat has been taken care of ve can return to our time. Hopefully, things vill be better zhere.” Samantha added. “Besides, I bet you have more pressing concerns zhan a now non-existent threat. Perhaps a certain organization garbed vith red clouds...?” The German place the bait.

From the slight widening of the eyes, Samantha knew they had taken the line and got themselves hooked on it.

“What do you know?” Jiraiya questioned. As the spy master of Konoha it is his duty to know any and all threats to the Hidden Village. Internal and external. Akatsuki is the only organization he has limited information on, given their secrecy, isolationism and how vast their resources are. He knows Orochimaru was once a part of said organization, and just a few months ago today had discovered Itachi Uchiha and Kisame Hoshigaki are part of said organization.

It was hard getting his own spies in their organization.

“I know enough.” The German girl replied; she pointed at the past Naruto and added, “Zhe information has been downloaded into zhat Naruto's mind. Any information you require will be achieved through him.”

Sakura, despite not knowing what the hell they're talking about, knew her blonde team mate was given vastly important information. Given what she knows of him as of yet, what she said is understandable if a little rude and mean. “Why him? He's an idiot! He can't keep a secret to save his life!”

“The boy's 13 years old. Where I come from he would be registered as a kid. It's to be expected for kids his age to be dumb and unwise. They only get wise as they get older and have more experience.” Dempsey defended the young boy.

“And you're one to talk Sakura.” Said girl looked at Tsunade scandalised, “If I remember correctly you always got into petty fights with your peers over the last Uchiha. Not to mention you never took your duties as a ninja of the Hidden Village seriously, until you got into the Chunin Exams. And if I remember correctly you still fall back on to your fan-girl tendencies.” Getting reminded of this Sakura blushed with embarrassment and looked anywhere but them.

“Fan-girl?” Takeo looked at Tsunade for an explanation.

“Sakura is infatuated with her wayward team-mate.” Kakashi, bluntly explained much to Sakura's further embarrassment, “To the point of her butting heads with people. She has gotten better as of late, but, she does tend to revert into that phase.”

Dempsey pinched the bridge of his nose, “And let me guess: because of her infatuation with this boy, she lashes out at people if they bad mouth him.” He said.

“I do not!” Sakura protested.

“Ino Yamanaka.” The 13 year old Naruto said flatly. Sakura glared wide eyed at him, a silent warning for him to stop while he is ahead. The boy undeterred by her glare continued, “You were friends with her; and then when you found out she had the same interest in the same boy as you do, what was it that you did?” He paused for a moment and continued when Sakura didn't say anything to defend herself, “You ended your friendship with her and became bitter rivals.”

“If she's a solider in your military then she is a liability waiting to happen.” The 16 year old Naruto said with a shake of his head.

Ignoring Sakura's indignant yelling, Tsunade interlocked her fingers as she stared at the older Naruto with great intensity. Jiraiya and Kakashi had also gotten curious and were listen with rapt attention, “Oh? What do you mean by that?”

Naruto looked at the younger girl with a scrutinizing gaze, “From first glance, I'd say she's weak. Stamina and strength wise. She looks like the sort of person who takes whatever is given to her for granted. I'd also wager a guess that she never killed before, and if she's put in a life or death situation, she would freeze up or wait for someone to save her.”

“A rather accurate assumption.” Kakashi stated and Sakura looked at her mentor with a betrayed and hurt look on her face, “She has been taking her duties seriously as of late, but it's not enough to heal the ineffectiveness of her physique it would take her around a year or two in order for her body to catch up..”

“Then whoever taught her to be a ninja did a piss poor job then.” The older Naruto said with a snort, “A proper diet some exercise, tactics and combat simulations. Beat their current mindset out of their heads and MAKE them know what the life they're choosing is going to be like. If they have the skills to get the job done, then make sure they have the mindset too.”

“Sound advice.” Stated Dempsey as he gave the teenager a grin. “I taught you well.” Naruto shook his head with him returning the grin and everyone, sans those from the future, could see the deep bond the two had.

When he looked at Samantha, Naruto saw his friend looking to their left distractedly. He had a feeling something. And then he felt it. The feeling of being watched. Instead of going away when one of them looked for it, it never left. It stayed even as he warily looked around the room much to everyone's confusion.

“Is everything already, comrade?” Nikolai questioned.

Naruto ignored him, “You feel it too, Samantha?” he warily asked,

“Yes.” She hissed with discomfort. “It is more focused now.” Just as she said that everyone that came from the future felt it all at the same time and they all became tense and looked around the room, shoulder to shoulder, back to back.

Tsunade immediately stood up with concern. “What? What is it you're feeling?” She looked around trying to figure out what it is they're feeling only to feel nothing.

“I don't know!” Naruto replied.

“It is not of this world. But it is familiar to me. Strange.” Said a wary and confused Takeo who held his Type 100 sub machine gun in his hands.

“Yeah tell me about it.” Said Dempsey, “I feel like I know it from some place. Dunno where or when though.”

And then everyone saw it. In the far corner of the room floating next to the past Naruto and Shizune, is an unearthly creature. It has large sharp teeth that seems to take up a large portion of its face and no visible eyes and has three clawed fingers on each hand. It's wearing a dark red robe with gold embroidery, with an unknown symbol on their chests. On its back is a sheathed sword. It didn't seem to have feet as it's floating off of the floor.

The past Naruto and Shizune immediately moved away from it. Jiraiya, Kakashi and Tsunade all tensed themselves for a fight the moment they saw the creature appear in the room. As for the people coming from the future, they all trained their guns on it but held their fire.

The creature merely floated there in the corner, seemingly unconcerned at having being held at gun point.

“Wait...” Dempsey lowered the M16 slightly as he stared at the otherworldly creature with a concentrate frown. He could see flashes, a battlefield, a burning medieval city. The walking dead and the knights that fought them. Fighting along side those knights were the same creatures as the one in front of him. Four of these knights had blurred out faces, but, they all carried something that looked very familiar to him; the elemental staves, “Takeo, Nikolai, does that look familiar to you?”

“Now that you mention it; it does look familiar to this Russian!” Nikolai answered, who as well lowered his weapon slightly.

Takeo despite feeling some familiarity for it, did feel suspicious at its appearance. “Why is this creature here? Could it be here because of our meddling?”

Suddenly to the tenseness of the group the creature slowly raised its left hand out in front of it. Appearing in its palm is a small white wisp that disappeared just as quickly as it appeared. Then they heard a disembodied voice of a well mannered elderly sounding man.

“Ah. There you are. You cannot believe how difficult it was to track you five down. Having to look into all the realities of the universe, trying to find an anomaly that may or may not be there is tiring work. But now that I've found you, let's get down to business shall we?”

“Who are you?” Naruto asked.

“Oh, that is the question isn't it Naruto?” The disembodies voice chuckled. “I am something you may perceive as god. But unlike those fakes, I am omnipotent. THE omnipotent. Who do you think gave Samantha the ability to create those power ups? To create those weapon outlines for you? To make those perk machines you drink to increase your survival? You're welcome by the way. I can do all that and more. But back to the point: if you wish to call me something, well, you can call me Doctor Monty.”

“If you're all-powerful then why didn't you interfere sooner?” Dempsey asked.

“Tank, do you have any, any idea just how large the universe actually is? It's fucking huge!” Doctor Monty exclaimed with irritation and annoyance. “It's bigger than anything you can imagine! Dimensions are being affected and destroyed left and right, one after the other. Now I may be all powerful but even I can't be everywhere at once! It's really hard trying to contain this mess! It's gotten so far out of hand I've had to recruit another version of you Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Richtofen.” Doctor Monty chuckled, “Of course, them versions of you are from a time when you were not affected with Element 115 and Richtofen did not become the sociopath you've known him to be.”

A younger Richtofen came to their mind. And knowing what they're thinking Doctor Monty chuckled, “Yes. That Richtofen. You've already met him once.”

“What is it you want from us, Monty?” Takeo questioned.

“I want you to go back to your present.” The omnipotent being flat out told them. “This new dimension you created from your actions is safe. You did what you set out to do. And if you are worried about a particular thing that caused the mess in your future, there no need to worry. That has already been taken care of. The Keepers made sure of that. And yes, one of the keepers is right in front of you.”

“Wait! We still have questions to ask!” Tsunade exclaimed.

“About the Akatsuki? Their members, their location, and what they intend to do? You can get that from little Naruto. Everything you need can be gotten from him. Of course, if you're impatient enough for that...” The 13 year old held his head in his hands as he groaned with discomfort. His head is throbbing; like his brain wants to get out of his skull. Then suddenly out of nowhere, several hundred and fat looking documents appeared, floating in front of the boy before they levitated over to the desk and set themselves down on the wood one by one, stack by stack. And the 13 year old felt decades worth of information just up and vanish from his head. “...Here is the knowledge you seek. With the most recent and more important events being at the top of the stacks and the lesser known and least important events at the bottom. To make things easier on you.”

Jiraiya is taken aback. All that knowledge. All this information handed to them just like that?

“...What's your game?” Jiraiya asked; seeing as he never got a response the man took that as a sign to continue, “If you're all-powerful as you claim to be, then why go out of your way and help us?”

“The universe is fucking enormous, Jiraiya.” Doctor Monty stated flatly. “Anything you can think of it is likely to be out there. A dimension where young Naruto became a monster like everyone thought he would? It exists. And truth be told the only reason I'm, as you say, 'going out of my way to help you', is because the very fabric of reality itself is collapsing! I'm trying my bloody best keeping it all together! It's like keeping two things together by using staplers and sellotape. And having a new dimension suddenly appear out of nowhere? Well that just loosened that staple and tape!”

“If something is causing you this much trouble that must mean you know who, yeah?” Nikolai asked.

“Indeed. The enemy are the Apothicons. Imagine them as being almost planetary sized, space fairing squids. Their sole purpose is to wreck havoc on all of creation.” Doctor Monty sighed, his patience beginning to thin. “Now these aren't just ordinary villains. They are the most evil entities in all existences that existed. There are billions of them; and they're wrecking havoc on all dimensions they can find! And the longer you stay here fannying about and waste MY time, the greater the chances they will find this dimension and turn it into a Fucking Carcass of a planet!”

“Then we should get out of here!” Naruto exclaimed in alarm.

“Yes. You should.” Doctor Monty blandly said.

“Is there anything we need to do? I don't think we're going to be able to get back to our future by just teleporting there?” Dempsey questioned.

“If you were to try, well, best case scenario you would end up in this dimensions future. Worse case scenario you'd end up attracting the attention of the Apothicons.”

“And our efforts into making zhis new dimension vould be for nothing.” Samantha added grimly. Suddenly she got an idea, “Vhat if I vere to use zhe powers you have given me? Vould zhat vork?”

“It's possible but not likely Samantha. You may just throw yourselves in this dimensions future. Or in your repeated attempts at getting back to the future you all came from, would just attract the Apothi-cocky-cons attention.”

The group tsked with frustration and irritation at that.

“So what is solution?” Nikolai questioned. “If any action we take will bring attention to us, how are we to return to future?”

“Why the Keeper of course!” Doctor Monty exclaimed, speaking in a tone as if the answer he had given them solved all their questions. “Like the Apothicons the Keepers are able to travel through dimensions. With it around getting you six back to where you came from should be a piece of cake.”

“Okay, then. Let's do that.” Dempsey said; he looked around the office and tsked. “Should we do it now? Right here in this room?”

“Unless you want to ruin everything in Tsunade's Office, then no. The Keepers are powerful and they pack quite a punch. It is recommended you have a clear space when working with a Keeper.” Was the omnipotent being's reply.

“Good to know. Let's go everyone.” The American looked gestured for everyone to follow him as he moved to the room's only entrance. Naruto, Nikolai, Takeo, Samantha and Fuu plus the Keeper all followed Dempsey out of the room; with the eyeless, tooth-filled face alien floating while everyone else walked.

Tsunade, Jiraiya and Kakashi shared a brief look and followed them not long after they left the room. They ignored Shizune, the younger Naruto and Sakura who merely followed them with their gaze. Then they too left the room.

“Oh! Tsunade! It is best you tell everyone under your command to NOT attack the Keeper.” The disembodied voice of Doctor Monty said warningly to the pig tailed woman. “It will retaliate with lethal force if attacked. And trust me when I tell you that the Keeper does not show mercy when being attacked.”

The big breasted woman nodded and relayed the information to Kakashi and Jiraiya before ordering them to go out and tell everyone to leave the group about to come out of the Hokage's tower unharmed and uninhibited.

With their orders both men proceeded to do just that.

X.X.X.X

It was slightly unnerving having everyone stop what they were doing and stare with wide eyes as you walked by. It did help some that everyone was staring at the otherworldly being instead of everyone else. The Keeper did not show any sign of discomfort or irritation, mainly because its face consisted of teeth and is incapable of doing facial expressions. Not to mention there is crackling electricity at the hemline of its robe.

They have drawn quite the crowd as they tried to find a clear space for the Keeper. But eventually they found a clear space for the Keeper to work with in one of the market areas. The otherworldly being teleported in front of the group and as a orb of electricity formed in between its clawed hands the Keeper started weaving it hands and arms around it.

A deep noise, like a sound coming from a horn, filled the air as the Keeper preformed its ritual to get them back to the future; Dempsey and Takeo, Nikolai and Naruto and Samantha and Fuu all stood behind it and kept guard as they made sure the people did not do anything to fuck it up.

The 13 year old Naruto saw Shikamaru Nara approaching the group with a bandage on his finger. The Nara was looking at the group from the future with wide eyes.

“Shikamaru!” Called out the 13 year old.

Shikamaru Nara has shoulder length black hair tied back in a spiky ponytail. His attire consists a short-sleeved grey jacket with the edges of the sleeves being green and has the symbol of his clan on the back. Underneath the jacket is a mesh T-shirt. He is wearing brown trousers, a pair of his clans traditional silver hoop earrings and has a blue forehead protector wrapped around his left arm. Worn over his jacket is a flak jacket.

When he saw his friend calling out to him Shikamaru was immediately relieved and then concerned when he saw how bloodied his orange jacket is. From everything happening one after the other the 13 year old blonde was unable to have the chance to change his clothing.

“Naruto! Who are those people?”

Naruto opened his mouth to answer but was interrupted when someone grabbed his shoulder firmly, he jumped startlingly and looked up at the person and found Tsunade beside him, “That is classified.” she told the Nara and gave the boy she's holding on to a firm squeeze, a silent gesture for him to shut the hell the up.

Shikamaru narrowed his eyes at that and looked at Naruto and the older, different clothed Naruto with analystic eyes. It's pretty damn obvious the two blondes are the same person, only they're several years apart. They have the same style of hair, the same coloured eyes, the whisker marks on their cheeks. The only things different he can see at face value is the way the older Naruto is carrying himself. He's mature and calm and has an aura of experience around him. Not to mention there are those contraptions he is carrying and holding.

The companions are some of the weirdest people he had ever seen. All wore similar clothing, had similar weapons, or in the case of two had the same weapon. Some looked more advanced while others looked futuristic. And then there was the otherworldly being; its attire is more ancient, looking with plate armour on its shoulders and forearms with a robe.

“Then what is going on Lady Hokage? Or is that classified too?” Shikamaru asked his leader respectfully.

“They're trying to go home. I can't say where since that is classified as well.” Naruto explained to the lazy genius, nothing important was given away.

Shikamaru squints suspiciously at the blonde boy but relented and turned his attention to the lookalike. He is fairly certain the lookalike is Naruto. He is 99.9 percent certain of it. He really hopes Ino doesn't hear of this, she'd spread gossip about the Naruto lookalike about being some long lost relative or something.

“Shikamaru!” Said teenage boy closed his eyes with a sigh, speak of the girl and she comes. Opening his eyes both Shikamaru and Naruto turn around when they heard Ino call out, and found Hinata and Sakura with her. “Shikamaru what is this about a Naruto lookalike?”

Ino Yamanaka has fair skin, blue eyes, and long pale-blonde hair that she likes to have in a ponytail, with bangs framing the right side of her face. Her outfit consists a high-collared purple blouse and a matching apron skirt, with bandages underneath on her abdomen and legs. She is also wearing hoop-earrings, her forehead protector worn around her waist like a belt and white arm warmers.

Hinata Hyuga has featureless white eyes. She has short shark blue hair that is kept just above her forehead with chin-length strands framing her face. Hinata's wearing a cream-coloured hooded-jacket with a fire symbol on the upper sleeves and fur around the cuffs and hem of the attire. She is also wearing navy blue pants and keeps her forehead protector around her neck.

“Hello Ino,” Shikamaru greeted the blonde haired girl with bored eyes, and when the trio stood in front of them their attention was drawn to the group from the future.

“Oh. I was wondering where you went Sakura!” Naruto exclaimed; so that was why she wasn't here with the others, she went to get Ino and Hinata and from how the question was phrased by his fellow blonde Sakura most likely told them what was going on.

“...Troublesome,” Shikamaru sighed out, and jerked a thumb over his shoulder at the group from an alternate dimension, “He's over there. You can't miss him.”

Ino looked in the direction he pointed at and her eyes grew wide upon seeing him. Shikamaru was right! The teenager was not hard to miss and he did indeed look like an older version of Naruto. A much older and serious looking Naruto. Said teenager ignored the look he is getting from her and stood guard to make sure the Keeper in kept uninterrupted.

Dempsey groaned as he stretched his calf muscles and turned to look at the Keeper. The noise coming from it is strange. It kind of sounds like a deep blow horn you would hear and see used in a ritual or something.

“Excuse me.”

Dempsey looked from over his shoulder at hearing someone talk. He found Ino standing in front of the older Naruto, who was giving the girl a flat look. Said girl was trying to come off as friendly but the man could see she has an agenda.

“What is it?” Naruto asked, his less than patient attitude telling the girl to get to the point or get lost.

Ino looked fairly put off put at his flat, uninterested tone but she quickly regained her confidence and asked, “Are you related to Naruto?”

Naruto merely narrowed his eyes at the girl and squinted at her, “I don't see how that is any of your business, little girl.” He scoffed and waved dismissively at her, to him Ino isn't worth his time not to mention in his mind she doesn't seem to take things serious. “Don't go asking questions that doesn't concern you.”

Ino wide eyed eyed at the dismissal and he scoffed again. Something tells him this girl is use to getting what she wants; she has a snobbish air about her, so the idea of someone dismissing her as he had done may be something she did not expect.

Despite getting denied Ino tried again. Any information, no matter how small, is better than no information.

“I just want a yes or no answer!” She said to him.

“Not gonna happen.” He told her.

“Come on! Please?”

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Pretty please.”

“No.”

“Why not?” She whined looking up at him with pouty eyes.

“Because it is none of your FUCKING BUSINESS!” He spoke normally to her at first and then bellowed at the top of his voice at the end. Ino recoiled at the unexpected shouting and quickly backed away. Glaring at him Ino scoffed haughtily and with a snobbish air around her.

The 16 year old shook his head with annoyance and looked back at the Keeper. Annoying nosy people. They should keep from sticking their noses into people's businesses that don't concern them.

“E-e-excuse me.” Another person stuttered out nervously; exhaling and growling in irritation Naruto looked back and found Hinata meekly pressing her forefingers together as she stared shyly at the ground. “C-c-can you-” she was interrupted from finishing by the 16 year old.

“Look at the person you're talking too.” Naruto told her irritably; Hinata let out a surprised noise at the harshness he's using and she tried shrinking herself inside of her coat. When she didn't do as he asked the teenager pinched the bridge of his nose, “If you're not going to bother looking me in the eyes as you speak, then don't bother trying to talk to me. It's rude and disrespectful.”

“Hey, aren't you being a little harsh on them?” Naruto heard his past self say as the boy came to Hinata's defence.

The 16 year old scoffed, “Harsh? This is me being nice.” He told them to their disbelief.

Dempsey joined in by giving them an example of what happened to someone that pissed the 16 year old off, “It's true. Despite getting on his nerves he's being extremely patent with you. And let me tell you, the last time someone got on his nerves...well...” the marine trailed off before dragging his thumb across his throat.

That Kumogakure ninja the kid shot a while back came to mind.

What was his name again; Juno? Jamo?

Who the hell cares, he was a nobody.

Naruto (13 year old), and Hinata and Ino all looked at the 16 year old with wide eyes, their faces expressing their unspoken question. The 16 year old, instead of giving them a straight forward answer settled for giving them an unsettling smile and weighted his assault rifle.

“Maybe it's best if we don't ask him questions...” Both Naruto's look between Ino and Hinata, the younger of the two giving them pleading looks while the older was staring at them warningly, while giving his past self a thankful look.

Hinata nodded quickly and quickly retreated back to the side of Shikamaru and Sakura. Ino on the other hand looked about ready to protest and complain, up until Shikamaru came along and grabbed the blonde girl by the shoulder and forced her away from the 16 year old.

As she was pulled away both Naruto's could hear her complain to Shikamaru with protest, “I just want to know some things!”

“Troublesome. Leave him be, Ino, before you make things worse on yourself.”

“I was just trying to get to know him!”

“And he clearly does not want to talk to you.”

“Who wouldn't want to talk to me?!”

“...Do you really want to ask?”

“Hey!”

As the two walked away, with one under protest, Naruto looked at his past self, “Is she always prying into things that don't concern her?”

At this question the other Naruto rubbed the back of his neck, “That's Ino for you.” he looked over to the girl who's now arguing with Shikamaru. “She's the more outgoing of the group. She tends to butt into things that don't concern her and loves to gossip.”

“So in other words 'yes'.”

“She's not as bad now...” The boy defended his fellow blonde, however he didn't have a lot of motivation and didn't sound confident and sure of his own words.

While this was going on Takeo and Nikolai are having a conversation as their own, “What do you think of this place Takeo? I cannot help but think there are people waiting to attack us.” The Soviet said; he kept his eyes on the crowd of people around them, warily staring them down.

Takeo had one hand resting on the hilt of his katana, the other is holding on to the grip of his Type 100 sub machine gun, “This is a ninja village. You cannot trust those who's sole purpose is to lie, steal and kill.” The samurai replied he kept his eyes on the rooftops. His eyes narrowed with distrust as he saw several people wearing forehead protector's like Naruto's past self, standing near the edge of the building and staring down at them.

He could even see people in all black, and white masks with animal motifs painted on them standing among them. His lips thinned and he elbowed Nikolai lightly on the arm to get his attention he then gestured to the building he's staring up at, allowing the Russian to see what he's seeing.

“It appears they are watching us.” Nikolai said musingly; he frowned and narrowed his eyes, “Strange. Having that many people around they can overwhelm us with numbers alone. Why are they here?”

“Perhaps the reason is to make sure no one interferes?” Suggested Takeo.

“Or to protect the civilians from us if we were to attack.” Nikolai stated.

Both are sound and both are likely. With those thoughts in mind the two men are going to be on high alert in case something happens. The only good thing about this is Tsunade, the leader of the Hidden Village herself, is here and seeing her calm and collected had made them docile. It didn't stop them from questioning her as to what is going on though.

A full minute of the Keeper waving and weaving its arms around later, and the otherworldly being had finally finished what it set out to do. The group from the future turned around to face the Keeper and watched on as an orb of crackling electricity formed in front of its three clawed hands; the crackling orb floated away stopping metres away from the Keeper before a large hole in reality opened up with a thunderous crack!

The crowd screamed out in shock and surprise at the unexpectedness of its appearance. Lowering its arms to its sides the Keeper turned around and made a come hither gesture to the zombie slaying crew before floating backwards into the portal.

Dempsey chuckled and took a step forward, “Heh, y'know, I'm thinking it wants us the six of us to follow it.” he looked at Naruto and Nikolai, Takeo and Samantha and Fuu for a few seconds then looked back at the portal. “What do you say? We go through in pairs, one at a time or as a whole group?”

“As a group. Who knows what will be waiting for us on other side.” Nikolai said.

“I'm with Nikolai.” Naruto added with a raised hand; not to mention he can't wait to get out of this place. The sooner the better.

“I agree with the Russian.” Was all Takeo said.

“I like Nikolai's idea.” Samantha said.

Dempsey nodded, “And the majority wins. C'mon, let's go before Monty gets pissed at us.”

With that said the group of six went over to the portal and walked through it one by one but not before Dempsey and Naruto giving the assembled crowd behind them a two fingered salute before they head on it.

With another thunderous clap the portal closed behind them.

“Oh Tsunade,” Tsunade kept herself from showing discomfort at suddenly hearing Doctor Monty's voice inside her head. “Don't talk just listen. Now remember those files in your office? I just want to tell you that those files contain some very juicy information regarding certain people; people such as Orochimaru and Danzo. Information that may perhaps expose them for all the nefarious deeds they have committed in the past. Use it however you will.”

And just like that his presence was no longer there. Furrowing her brow Tsunade knew if what he said is true then the information contained within those files will be enough to put Danzo down. Maybe the information regarding his Root base is located is there and she can finally put an end to his meant-to-be-shut-down organization for good.

With that thought in mind Tsunade turned around to address the crowd that has assembled.

“Move along people! There is nothing more to see here! Kakashi!” The woman called out, with said man appearing before her in a swirl of leafs and wind. “Get a team of shinobi and kunoichi here to help clear out the crowd. Afterwards gather as many ANBU and Jonin as possible and meet me in my office ASAP.”

The silver haired man nodded once and leapt off to the rooftops where he knows there are shinobi and kunoichi waiting. After assembling them they all leapt off the rooftops and landed on the ground where they proceeded to get some crowd control.

Tsunade meanwhile went back to her office, but not before telling Naruto to take a rest after the disastrous route his mission had taken. She's going to have some cleaning up to do. And the information contained within those files will be instrumental in that task.

X.X.X.X

When they returned to their original dimension they were greeted by the Keeper who has been waiting for them to emerge from the portal. They also saw the many dead trees around the path they're on. And there's only one place in the Elemental Nations that has a large amount of trees.

Or rather one country.

“We're still in Fire Country.” Naruto sighed as the portal closed behind them; letting his assault rifle go, the gun hung from his shoulder and the blonde crossed his arms and looked around. “I liked it better when the trees and ground was still alive.”

The others made sounds of agreement to his statement. Dempsey however saw the Keeper is still around, seemingly waiting for something.

“I wonder why the Keeper is hanging around. Didn't it achieve its objective?” The marine questioned.

“Perhaps the Keeper has not returned, for it is searching for any backlash from our interference in the past.” Using his logic and reason Takeo had gotten the reason correct right off the bat.

“Ve should keep an eye out. Zhe undead are still around.” Samantha told them as she looked around with wary eyes. Even though she can't detect any of them she isn't going to take any chances of the walking dead suddenly getting the drop of them.

“You're too edgy Samantha,” Naruto told her looking completely unconcerned, “I don't hear anything.”

“That is because there is nothing around here.” Said Dempsey who had allowed his assault rifle hang from his shoulder. “We are the only things that are making noises here. Well, apart from the Keeper in front of us but it doesn't seem to be doing anything except for floating there like an unnerving creep.”

“I don't think insulting an otherworldly being, that may be capable of beating us all at the same time, is going to get us in its good graces.” Said Fu scoldingly to Dempsey who gave Fu an arched eyebrow and found her staring at the Keeper with a look akin to nervousness, “So you know, be a little nicer. I like living thank you very much.”

“Yeah, sure. Whatever.” the former United States marine said dismissively; he clearly did not take the green haired girl seriously.

The Keeper leaned down seemingly bowing to the group before it was engulfed in thick blue smoke. When the smoke thinned out and dispersed completely, the six saw the Keeper was no longer among them.

With the Keeper now gone, the group waited for a short moment in order to see if something new was going to happen. They had nothing. They breathed a sigh of relief and couldn't help but think they just averted a world wide apocalypse the likes they had never seen before.

And given the description of these Apothicons, they had no idea just how close they were to bringing about the end of the new dimension they had just created.

As he surveyed their surroundings Nikolai realised something, “I just realised something.” he said, prompting everyone to turn and look at him expectantly.

“And that is?” Takeo questioned.

“We made no difference for present time. Nothing appears to have changed.” it suddenly dawned on them that Nikolai was in fact correct. They may have changed the past but all that did was create a new dimension. Nothing in their present has changed. At the least, the scenery could look a bit healthier rather than its current dead state.

But apparently that was too much to ask for.

However one person in the group kept optimistic, “Maybe ve did make some changes during zhe first time we went into zhe past?” Samantha said, “At zhe very least ve could have gotten more survivors out of zhat mountainous plane than ve originally did.”

“True.” Dempsey said with a slow nod, “And we still have the elemental staves. We just need to figure out where to go from here.” he sighed and massaged the side of his head, “Okay, let's do a quick recap. We got the Elemental Staves. Freed Gersch from... where ever he was. Got a bunch of survivors out of that Iga-”

“Iwa” Naruto corrected.

“-Iwa place. Helped thin out a zombie horde that was making their way to another country. Blew up a Group 935 facility on one of those islands out at sea. And went into the past twice; the second time with the intent on changing the present. Anything I missed?”

Samantha nodded, “You missed out zhat Naruto vent into another dimension vith another version of himself to collect 'insurance', und injected zhat dimensions version of himself vith his blood.” she reminded him helpfully, “Other zhan zhat, I have nothing else.”

After the quick recap the group decided to head back to their inter-dimensional base of operations. They needed to regather their strength and figure out here to go from here since them going into the past a second time may have done nothing to change the present. And if they did change things, then the Tactical Map in that place will show them where those changes are.
Sign up to rate and review this story