Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

A Crummy Situation

by story_master 5 reviews

It's down to two. What are they going to do? < hey that rhymed. yay. >

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-30 - Updated: 2006-08-31 - 1304 words

0Unrated
Jay's mouth dropped open when he saw Atlanta standing beside Cronus. Then he noticed the pendant around her neck. It was the one she took from Theresa. Somehow it must have gotten around her neck. Jay's thinking was interupted by a yell.

" Let her go Cronus!" it was Archie's furious voice that rang out.

" I'd rather not." he replied, smirking.

Archie started to advance towards the two when Herry grabbed his shoulder.

" I don't think you should do that." Herry said to his angry friend.

Archie decided that Herry was right. Going after a psyco god alone isn't the best idea. But seeing Atlanta standing beside him made Archie nuts!

" Well I'd love to stay and chat but I have places to go, plans to make and seven annoying teens to destroy. Come on Atlanta." he said, smirking at the six heroes as he said her name.

Cronus had opened up a portal and Atlanta obediently walked through. Cronus followed her but not before doing one last thing.

" Theresa would you care to join us?" he asked, his smirk growing bigger with every word.

" No!" she replied with disgust.

" I'm afraid it wasn't a question." he said.

Just then a portal opened up behind Theresa and Atlanta put a pendant on her too. Then Theresa followed her back into the portal.

" Tah-tah Jay." Cronus said. He laughed as he left the remaining five heroes.

Jay and Archie were left with anger and fury like no other. The others were upset too, but compared to Archie and Jay they were happy. Despite the fact that they wanted to beat Cronus silly, there was nothing that they could do. He was gone to who knows where and they were stuck where they were.

The five reamining teens called Hermes and were back at the school in no time. -That portal really comes in hand at times like that.- The teens then went back to the dorm to decide their next plan of action. Jay and Archie just went to their rooms. The other three stayed in the living room and thought.

" What do we do know?" Neil asked.

" Eat lunch." Herry said as his stomach growled.

No one had any odjections, they were hungry. So, they made some lunch and then started to talk about what their next move was.

" Well did they have their PMRs with them?" Odie asked.

" I think Atlanta did. Check the GPS." Herry replied.

Odie do so and frowned at the small screen on the device.

" No they didn't Both their PMRs are here." Odie said.

" Won't they find us?" Neil asked, looking at himself in his trademark three panel mirror.

" Huh?" Herry said, looking at Neil.

" Well, they always seem to find us. So, why bother looking for them?"

" I guess so but we can't just sit here and do nothing." Odie replied.

Then they heard footsteps on the stairs. Jay and Archie were coming down... finally.

" Hey guys we-" Odie stopped.

Their friends didn't seem to be interested in what they had to say. They were way too occupied with threatening Cronus adn making their own plans.

Herry went over and blocked their exit.

" What are you doing?" Archie asked.

" Where are you two going?" Neil asked, briefly poking his head out from behind his mirror.

" To get Cronus." Jay replied. He was starting to sound like Archie.

" Shouldn't we come up with some sort of plan first?" Odie asked, standing up.

" You do what you want. I'm going to find Cronus." Archie said trying to push past Herry with little luck.

" Well we're coming too." Herry said as he moved, sending a struggling Archie to the ground.

Archie got up and headed for the door, Jay was close behind him. Then followed Odie, Herry and Neil. They didn't know exactly how they were going to find Cronus adn their friends but soon that wouldn't be a problem. As the five friends entered an empty lot near the outside of town their search could be called off. They had found Cronus.

" Ah. Good you're here. I was beginning to doubt that you could find us." Cronus said as he stood before them.

Archie and Jay didn't think. They just acted. They drew their weapons and charged straight for Cronus. Archie, using his speed, got there first. He raised his Hephaestus whip and was ready to attack. Cronus just stood there. As Archie attacked he fell right through him. It was a projection! And they had just wandered into a trap.

There heard muffled cries from behind them. Jay and Archie turned to see that their other three friends had been captured by Cronus' giants.

Theresa and Atlanta walked out, carrying pendants. One was put on each of the captured boys. Jay adn Archie were way out numbered now. They exchanged glances before they ran.

" There is no way we can fight all of them! We have to regroup." Jay said as they ran.

" Yeah. Especially with three giants and Herry on their side. We would be toast in no time." Archie said.

They made it to the school in under thirty minutes. And no one was following them. They entered the gods secret hideout and caught their breathe.

" We need a new approach." Jay said, pacing.

" Like what? We're way out numbered no matter what. So unless you know how to clone us we're screwed." Archie replied.

" What about a sneak attack?" Jay said, thinking out loud.

" How? We don't even know where they are." Archie replied, slumping to the ground.

" Herry and Odie had their PMRs on them. Cronus will probably be too worried about catching us he will forget about them." Jay took out his PMR and used the GPS function.

" Does it work?" Archie asked getting up and walking over to see.

" Yeah!" a smile spread acorss the leaders face.

" What?" Archie asked, eyeing his friend suspicously.

" I have a plan." he replied, his grin growing even wider.

" And it would be...?" Archie started.

" You surrender to them." Jay said, his smile still in place.

" What!?" Archie was shocked. Anger and fury pulsed through him.

' How can he say that? I would never surrender to anyone, especially not a snake like Cronus.' Archie thought as he glared at his only remaining teammate.

" Well you pretend to surrender. That's how we'll start the sneak attack." Jay went on.

" Why me? Why can't you be the one that surrenders?" Archie felt like arguing now.

" Because Cronus would suspect something." Jay replied.

" If I surrender after running away he won't? Jay that plan is not going to work." Archie said as he started to walk away.

" Fine then let yourself get caught." Jay said.

" How?" Archie asked, turning to face Jay.

" Go outside and walk around. Then when they find you put up a fight but act like you're tired from running away." Jay explained his plan.

" Oh. So then there will be an inside man." Archie started to catch on to what Jay was saying.

" Exactly." Jay replied.

" Just one problem thoug." Archie frowned.

" What's that?" Jay asked.

" What about the pendants? Or the mind control?" Archie said, leaning against the wall.

" Cronus won't get the chance to put one on you because that's when our plan will kick in." Jay said, eagerness and excitment in his voice.

" Ok. What's the rest of the plan?" Archie asked curiously, walking over to his teammate.

" Here's what we do..." Jay explained his plan in elaberate detail. It was fool proof. So they thought...
~*~

Will their plan work? Or will Cronus finally win? What will they do if one more is caught? Or both? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked this chapter. Please rate and review. Any and all suggestions and constructive critism are welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story