Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > It's Not A Side Effect Of Cocaine

Polite to rude in 8.5 seconds.

by twip101 5 reviews

"There's no need to be nervous, sweetie. It's Peter." She's right. It's Peter and that is why I'm so damn nervous. We're talking about the boy who stole my heart at 14 and broke it at 21.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-08-31 - Updated: 2006-08-31 - 1052 words

0Unrated
You guys are nice. :] Thanks so much for reading. Reviews are awesome and give me more motivation, so -hint hint-

FYI, italics are flashbacks. Enjoy!



"PETER LEWIS KINGSTON WENTZ!!!!!!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

"Uh oh. Full name." He mummers to himself. "What?! It'd be a lot easier if you just come downstairs and talk to me instead of shouting at the top of your lungs."

I hurry downstairs frantically. "Tell me you didn't. Tell me you didn't." I say to Pete repeatedly.

"Uh..... I didn't?"

"Yes you did! I can't believe that you would do that! What in god's name is wrong with you?!"

"Ok, this conversation will go a lot smoothly if you just tell me what I did and why you're pissed."

""You quit Arma?! Why? Why would you quit Arma?!"

"Oh." Pete looks away from the TV and turns to me. "I did do that."

"I repeat, why?"

"Who told you?" Pete asks.

"I just got off the phone with Danny. Why would you quit? Arma Angelus is the best band you've been in."

Pete shrugs. "I'm just tired of the scene. I'm tired of playing hard ass music all the time. I'm just tired of it. I want something more."

I move to the recliner where Pete is seated. I sit on the arm of the chair. "Well, what do you want more of?"

Pete shrugs again. "You remember Joe, right?"

"Joe Trohman? Yeah, why?"

"We want to start a new band. A band that actually means something, and a band where I don't have to scream all the damn time. My throat's really raw." He smirks.

"Amateur." I smirk back.

Pete quickly pulls me to him, causing me to sit on his lap. "Why are you so worked up about me quitting anyway?"

"I don't know." I shrug. " I know how much music means to you. I know how much playing music means to you. I don't want you to give up on your dream."

Pete smiles discreetly. "You're too good for me, you know that?"

"Of course I know that." I scoff jokingly. I look into his deep chestnut eyes and smile. "I love you, Peterpanda."

"You bet your ass you do." He smiles in that cocky way that only he knows. So of course I have to put him in his place with a punch to the arm. He laughs and leans up to kiss me. "I love you too, Dani Boy."

These days were much easier than the latter days.


"Danielle!"

I snap out of my trance and look up to see my mother. "Hey mom. Sorry, got distracted."

She kneels next to me on the floor. "What are you looking at?" She asks referring to the box in front of me.

"Oh, it's just some of my old stuff. I haven't seen these things in years."

She reads the wording on the shirt in my hands. "Arma Angelus? Wasn't that a band Peter was in?"

"Yeah," I answer promptly. I quickly fold the shirt and put it back in the box.

My mom looks at me. "So, dinner with Peter tonight."

I sigh. "Yes."

"You nervous?"

"No." I answer too quickly.

"There's no need to be nervous, sweetie. It's Peter."

She's right. It's Peter and that is why I'm so damn nervous. We're talking about the boy who stole my heart at 14 and broke it at 21. "I'm not nervous, ok. It's just a little weird, that's all. I haven't spoken to him in 5 years. He's famous for god's sake. It's just a little bizarre."

"What time is he picking you up?"

"Six. We're going to Mana's."

"Aww. Peter and Danielle back together again."

"Mom!"

"What? I'm just saying. You guys are perfect together. Now that you guys are both grown up, you guys can finally get serious-"

"Mom! I'm not having this conversation with you." I stand up. "In fact, I'm going to forget you even said any of that because me and Peter will never get back together. Never. Ok?"

"Ok."

"Now, I'm going to go take a shower so I can get ready." I grab my towel and head over to the bathroom, but I have a feeling my mother is still going through my 'Peter box'.

-------------------------------

As expected Pete knocks at my door at 6:05. I have no clue what is up with him and always being 5 minutes late. I don't know if he does it on purpose or unintentionally, but it's kind of funny when you think about it.

I rush to the door after the first ring in order to get out of the house before my mother notices. She's starting to get on my nerves with her Peter talk. I open the door to see a smug-looking Pete and I can't help but smile. "Hi."

"Hey. You look great. You look so grown up."

"I am grown up." I chuckle.

"Grown up? Yeah, I don't think I've gotten there yet."

I laugh. "I bet you haven't."

My plan to get out of the house before my mother notices went astray. I hear my mother's voice from the kitchen. "Honey? Is that Peter at the door?"

"No," I say quickly and loudly.

"Your mom's home? Great, I want to say hey." He takes a step towards the door.

"No!" I block the door frame with my hand. Pete looks at me confused. "She's more than her usual annoying self. I'm protecting you."

"But-"

"Trust me." I look over my shoulder and yell to my mother, "Mom, I'm going to go. I'll see you later." I step outside the house and close the door before I can hear my mother's reply.

Peter leads me to the car where he opens the passenger door for me. "Wow, very gentleman-like. I'm impressed," I say while stepping into the car.

"Yeah, well I haven't seen you in forever so I figured I should be polite. But don't expect the gentleman thing to last very long." He closes the door and walks around the car to the driver's side where he quickly enters.

"Oh, I know. If I remember correctly, you can go from polite to your usual rude self in 8.5 seconds. "

He turns the key in the ignition. "Actually, it's 6 seconds." He smirks and pulls out of my drive-way.
Sign up to rate and review this story