Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Enough.

Flashback's to Incidents

by InuKag 2 reviews

What is real? what is false? Can this doomed love survive the pains of shattered hearts and distrust? Or will one dumb mistake ruin the rest of their lives... Inu/Kag...DarkFic

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-08-31 - Updated: 2006-08-31 - 1086 words

0Unrated
SHORT chapter... I'm just making this a flashback of what occurred before the prologue... partially. I want this to be a veiled story... hidden almost in meanings... so there's no smutlett... just a lime.
Chapter One

Flashbacks to Incidents.

"Sit Boy!" Kagome's voice bellowed; followed by the imminent sound of a hanyou plummeting face down in the dirt. "I am so tired of this Inuyasha. You never listen, you say things that you don't mean and I just... I just can't do this anymore. The jewel is complete," she was on the verge of tears when she drew the now completed Shikon no Tama from beneath her shirt, ripping it from her neck and throwing it down in front of his head. "Here, do whatever you want with it...I'm no longer needed here." Turning on her heel, she yelled out one last spell of subjugation, and headed for the old bone eaters well for the last time. Inuyasha just sat there momentarily, his claws finding the chain of the necklace and twisting it in his fingers. He would give her the time she needed; she was angry.

"You dumb dog! You let her go again didn't you? What the hell did you do this time Inuyasha, huh?" Shippo stood in front of the hanyou's face, tauntingly. Miroku walked up behind the young kitsune and bonked him on the head with his staff.

"Shippo, I do not think that what went on with Inuyasha and Kagome is any concern to you. You are far too young to understand some situations Shippo, and might I add that the language... though Inuyasha does use it... is also not something that you should be presenting to people. Carry yourself better young kitsune, and go back to Kaede's hut with Sango... I'm sure the wise old Miko will be able to dish your punishment accordingly." Shippo was on the brink of tears as he walked behind the Taijiya, tail dragging. When they were gone from the area, Miroku cleared his throat.

"Are you just going to lie there Inuyasha, or are you going to get up and speak with me." With a mumble Miroku heard Inuyasha's response; muffled by the dirt below.

"Why bother. I fucked up again."

"Well, what did you do this time?" Miroku raised a brow as Inuyasha pulled himself into a crouching position and let out a pained sigh.

"I ... I can't tell you, you are too perverted to know you fucking 'monk'...lets just drop it okay?" Inuyasha was blushing wildly at his friend, and not even attempting to stop the crimson from flooding his cheeks; he turned away. A smug grimace passed along the monk's face as his mind worked around the hanyou's words; his eyes became wide with disgust.

"Ewe, Inuyasha...! You didn't!" Inuyasha looked back at Miroku and caught his gape.

"What didn't I do Miroku?" He was almost afraid of the answer but he forced his blush down and awaited the monks' frustrated response.

"You... You snuck off with ... Inuyasha please tell me that you didn't... with Kikyo..." Inuyasha almost jumped from his skin; putting his defenses up, he shot from the ground and started screaming.

"Why would you assume that, Miroku? Do you think that I'm crazy? Do you think that I have completely lost my mind? I couldn't do that to Kagome." He calmed himself before the now standing monk and became quiet. "And for the record, it... it wasn't Kikyo I slept with..." Slowly his eyes made contact with the anxiously curious monk and everything clicked.

"Kagome...?" He quietly trailed as the hanyou's golden orbs slowly crept guiltily to the dirt below. He started to fidget at Miroku's 'question', but knew that inevitably they would've all found out anyways.

"It wasn't like I had a plan or anything Miroku. It just kind of happened okay?" Miroku thought that he would lose his footing at the admission. Shock settled in the pit of his stomach as he forced his gaze back to Inuyasha's now curious glare. "Well hell Miroku, what is it that you are going to say?"

"I. . . When...?" Inuyasha sighed in annoyance and began to verbalize his memories.

"Uh... like a three weeks ago. When we were all helping Kaede out with Sango and Shippo's wounds, Kagome and I were sent to get more herbs... you were basically passed out cold from the fight. We fought the entire time until she basically cornered me... and... well asked me to... told me to tell her why I hated her so much. When I told her that hate was the last thing I felt for her, I basically gave myself up. She figured it out for the most part... then told me she would sit me a thousand times if I didn't tell her at that instant everything... if I didn't stop being such a coward and tell her how I felt for her. So I told her. Honestly." Miroku waited to see if he was finished, assuming that he needed the break in, he spoke up.

"That you love her." Knowingly Miroku stated the fact as if it were common knowledge.

"That I've always loved her." Came Inuyasha's convicted correction. "That I loved fighting with her, because it felt like ... like there was a spark everytime. Shut up I know how fucking dumb and cheesy that sounds... I wanted to ask her to be my mate, I even alluded to it while we spoke. It was her who asked, that's basically when I just wrapped her in my arms and made her mine. But I fucked up, and now... it's over." Inuyasha tried to walk away when his arm was hooked back by Miroku. There was worry in his eyes, Kagome had been acting at odds for the past three weeks. At first he saw that the two undoubtedly had grown closer, opting not to say anything to either of them... he just chalked it up to his imagination. Then suddenly almost, Kagome had become distant... depressed. It had scared them all, and without Inuyasha around at times they would talk amongst themselves trying to figure out how to cheer their departing friend up.

"Inuyasha, you have to tell me... what did you do? Why do you say that you ruined everything and it's over?" Almost afraid of Inuyasha's answer, Miroku swallowed a lump in his throat. Inuyasha glared into the Houshi's eyes, with an intensity burning the sadness and fear into Miroku's heart.

"Because Miroku... Kagome's pregnant."

Sign up to rate and review this story