Categories > Original > Fantasy

Living In The Shadows

by xlittlemissreadalotx 0 reviews

Skylar is the daughter of Jocelyn Fairchild and Valentine Morgenstern. She was taught from a young age to protect her baby sister Clary, Skylar has sacrificed everything for Clary but for what? Bot...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2016-11-19 - 755 words

0Unrated
"You have a parabatai?" Alec and Jace asked Isabelle who looked at her wig with a smirk on her face. Years of hiding her parabatai rune and now the truth was exposed.

"Indeed I do," Isabelle replied, she liked keeping them in the dark for once what did they expect her not to have a parabatai? Isabelle was always fascinated by the way her brothers were in sync and how amazing it was being able to share a bond with another.

"Well boy or girl?" Jace asked, Alec shook his head already knowing Jace had his own intentions.

"Girl, she's a cutie. You'll meet her soon enough. Anyway can we leave? This talk about my mysterious parabatai is hyping me up to see her tonight!" Isabelle said and smiled, her brother's exchanged looks and sighed. They didn't like all these secrets and surprises at all.

~

"The Pandemonium." Skylar said reading the sign, Clary who sat on the van with Maureen and Simon smiled at the sight of her older sister actually here. Even if the blonde prefers to stay inside most of the time and away from the club. "So Clary, this is where you went off too?" She mumbled, thankfully Skylar had came this place was crawling with downworlders.

"Hey Skye!" Clary said, the three got off the van and walked over to Skylar. "Can you move a little?" Skylar backed up as her little sister began to spray the van, when she finished Skylar tilted her head seeing the angelic rune was tagged.

"What is that?" Clary asked seeing her sister's reaction, Skylar shook her head and shrugged.

"No idea but sure looks odd." She lied, Skylar walked around from the three and pulled out her phone ready to tell Isabelle what was truly going on. Before Skylar was able to send the message, someone had bumped into her. Skylar dropped her phone causing it to shatter. "Hey asshat!" She shouted and grabbed the blonde's muscular arm.

He turned around, his eyes widened in shock. "You can see me?" He asked, his gold eyes scanned her and saw the rune on her collar bone. "You have a parabatai.." He mumbled and then it hit him.

"You owe me a brand new phone." The blonde picked up her phone and handed it to her. CLary ran over, she had witnessed what had happened.

"You jerk!" Clary said and frowned, when the blonde handed Skylar her phone her eyes were drawn to the rune all over his arms, all over his neck. How could see have net seen them? He glanced at Clary, a mundane with the sight?

"You have the Sight." He stated, Skylar cleared her throat and stepped in front of Clary. Were this the Circle members? What was going on? Clary shouldn't be able to see them, has her block already faded too much? "How can I not know who you are?" He said that directly towards Clary, he had an idea who Skylar may be already if he was right.

"Has that line seriously ever worked for you? Even once?" Clary asked, before he got another word in. The blonde boy vanished into the crowd, Skylar looked down at her phone with a frown and sighed. Clary was officially exposed which meant her guards were up high and Jocelyn will freak knowing that Skylar let Clary come in contact with a shadowhunter.

"Shit." Skylar mumbled and put her phone away, Isabelle was inside which meant she had to hurry to warn her about the odd blonde shadowhunter boy.

"Can you believe the nerve of that guy?" Clary asked Simon and Maureen who stared at them as if they the Fray's were insane. Clary glanced and saw her sister's upset look and immediately felt bad about her phone. "Moms not gonna kill you, we'll tell her what happened."

"How do you plan on doing that? Literaly no one was there." Simon said

"The blonde dude with the tats, he bumped into Skye that's why her phone's broken." Maureen shook her head disagreeing.

"There was no one there." She repeated "Are you high?"

"Fine you don't believe me,we'll find him." Clary took off her green jacket tossed it at her best friend and ran off, Skylar sighed and ran after her sister not wanting either if them to get caught by the Circle Members in here and not now.

"Clary!!" Skylar shouted, her worst nightmare was coming true if anything happens to Clary...everyone will hate her and ignore her even more.
Sign up to rate and review this story