Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Dead Rising

Epilogue

by Spyash2 1 review

The end?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-11-26 - 1537 words - Complete

0Unrated
Dead Rising

Epilogue

It was a peaceful day. The sun is shining, and the birds are singing; animals were basking in the sun. The peaceful scene was abruptly changed when a portal opened in mid-air with a cackling sound resembling to lightning. Startled at its sudden appearance and noise the birds flew from their branches and the animals ran as if their lives depended on it.

Seconds later a person was thrown clear out of the portal. His clothing familiar. A pair of olive coloured trousers and muddy black boots mixed with blood. A light green jacket with the sleeves rolled up to show off his bare arms.

“Oh SHIT!” Naruto cursed with wide eyes as the ground got closer to him. He closed his eyes and braced for impact; he grunted upon feeling his side connecting with the ground and slid across it with a pained groan.

“Ow...that's going to leave a bruise.” he slowly pulled his face off the ground and got on his hands and knees. He looked around to see where he is, “No dead earth. No rotting trees. Everything looks healthy.” he said as he examined his surroundings.

Strange this place looks familiar and now that he thought about it, it reminds him of Earth. Before it got blown to hell. Then he noticed something from the corner of his eye. An oddity that wasn't there the first time he looked.

A long red scarf hanging from a tree branch.

Frowning Naruto walked over to it. He took it in his hand and rubbed the material between his thumb and forefinger. It felt brand new. He dropped his arm to his side and backed away. There is something weird going on here. He gave the area another look around wondering if there is going to be anything different this time around. Apart from the scarf nothing has changed.

Suddenly he felt a pang in the middle of his chest. A tightness. A feeling of anxiousness? He looked down frowned and held his hand there; what was this feeling? Regret? Did he regret his choice? To leave the Elemental Nations, his home, to its fate? His frown became deeper and he shook his head, pushing those thoughts aside. He made his choice. There was no going back.

Besides him staying there would only delay the inevitable. He didn't have the faintest clue on how to stop the walking dead for good. He knew the enemy but didn't know where to find them. And truth be told if he had to choose between the abandoning of a dimension or saving the entire universe, he would choose the latter option. Every time. As harsh as the words are in the grand scheme of things, his dimension didn't matter. Not when the picture is a lot bigger than you would expect it to be.

So he choose to leave it behind. Sacrifice the few to save the many. It helped a lot that he didn't care for his home all that much. It made the decision to leave all the more easier.

Naruto shook his head again. He was getting off track here. He needed to find the others. They can't be that far from him! He looked around again, sighed and started walking.

If he had stopped to look behind again again he would have seen a white haired and bearded man with a receding hairline, just appear out of nothing. He wore a dark green and red lined jacket with a blue buttoned shirt worn underneath, a pair of black fingerless gloves, black trousers and shoes giving him the appearance of a homeless man.

The white haired man picked up the scarf and wrapped it around his neck. He looked at Naruto, smiled, before turning and walking away. He vanished in the same manner he appeared.

He was there one second and was gone the next.

X.X.X.X

Meanwhile in Tokyo, Japan when Takeo emerged from the portal he landed in a more graceful manner than Naruto had. Down on one knee with a hand grasping the hilt of his katana, the former Imperial Army officer scanned his surroundings with narrowed eyes.

He was in a garden filled with Sakura trees and a house nearby. Despite not being there for several years, he recognised that house; it belonged to his dynasty. He had not been here since that incident fatal with his family. Frowning thoughtfully the samurai got up and walked over to the house and upon entering the man discovered it was the same as he left it. Albeit more cleaner than he remembered it being the last time he had been here.

Closing his eyes and taking a fresh breath of air, Takeo reopened them and went exploring the interior of the house. If he's back in his home he's may as well get himself reacquainted with it. After that he will have to find a way to find the others.

That is if they are here in this realm with him.

Back in the garden the same homeless looking man was there, leaning against one of the trees with his hands in his jacket pockets. Smiling in satisfaction he vanished in the same manner as the last time.

X.X.X.X

In Volograd, Russia, Nikolai grunted as he landed in the same manner as Takeo had. He immediately reached for his weaponry only for him to discover, to his shock, that he was weaponless! He didn't even have a knife in his possession!

Pushing the feeling of alarm aside Nikolai got up and looked around. He was in a house. He could feel a sense of familiarity with the place. He didn't know why or how he had this familiarity with the building but he had a feeling this was his home before he had been exiled.

Grunting Nikolai walked over to a window and peered outside; his breath caught in his throat.

“I am...home...” he said, stunned.

Outside of the house was green fields that seem to stretch on for miles. His house was near the border of Russia so it wasn't as cold where he was.

But as happy as he was being back home, he wasn't happy enough to quit fighting and living the rest of his days in peace. Not when there's a threat out there threatening to destroy the entire universe.

He needed to find the others. Or discover a way to get in contact with them. That is if they're in this version of Earth with him.

A fair distance away, the old man from the previous locations could be seen standing in a field of grass staring at the house. He nodded to himself with a sense of satisfaction before vanishing into thin air. He has one more stop to go too.

X.X.X.X

When Dempsey exited the portal he found himself in the interior of a house he was instantly familiar with. It was his house. Everything looked just like he had left it, except the dust that had gathered.

The marine looked at himself. He was wearing the same uniform as he always did, he is just unarmed this time around. Sighing he made his way over to a window and leaned on the windowsill and looked outside. It didn't look too different from what he remembered. The roads were redone and some houses had renovations, but other than that nothing looked all that different.

Save for the people wandering about outside. Their style of clothing is different from what he remembered.

He was alone, in his own house that he had not been in since March back in the year 1941, months after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour. Huh, now that he thought about it how come his house looks the same and abandoned?

Scowling in distaste Dempsey moved away from the windowsill and turned his back to it. This isn't his home. Not really. The home he remembered was blown to kingdom-come after those rockets hit the Earth. And this Earth, this planet, is still intact and peaceful.

And if he's here then that may mean the others are here too. The chances of that being true is unlikely, but it's still a chance. He just needs to find a way to find them and re-establish contact with them all.

Easier said than done.

He looked at himself again and the people outside before deciding a change of wardrobe is needed. He can't begin looking for the signs of the rest of his group without blending in.

On the opposite end of the street of Dempsey's house was the homeless man. He was stroking his beard thoughtfully as he pondered on what to do next. While this world isn't perfect like the one he is making for the children, it will have to do.

The Apothicons are on the move, and it's going to be a matter of time before they unravel everything he has done to keep the universe safe and intact.

With a sigh the man turned around and as he vanished in the same manner as the previous times he said, “The things I do to keep the children safe...”
Sign up to rate and review this story