Categories > Original > Fantasy

Fairee Tales

by Luna10442 2 reviews

Fairee Tales is finally out! The game of the century, the game that you can be inside. Beautiful graphics and amazing adventures await any child who plays this game. Lena and Parker couldn't be ...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2016-12-01 - 1999 words

1Original
"FAIREE TALES: THE GAME IS OUT NOW, IN STORES NEAR YOU!"


It took only two hours for gamestores to be overrun by children, mostly 13 and above, hungry for video games.


'Fairee Tales' was a new video game that people had anticipated coming out for ages. It was a fantasy world, where children picked one character from any fantasy universe in the world (Like Alice In Wonderland, Harry Potter, or The Little Mermaid) and played as that character. The children would be given the option to change their appearance if they wanted, which is what most did. They would be faced with many different fantasy challenges, like dragons, werewolves, and vampires. If they died, it was Game Over, and they would be sent home only to play again. The best part of this game?

You were inside it.

Technology had advanced greatly, and this new video game allowed for kids to be sucked into the game universe, and do all the challenges and tasks physically. It was declared 100% safe, and now that it was finally out, children scrambled to buy it.

The game included missions, food, water, daily tasks, amazing graphics, and a multiplayer option, where kids could go to play with other children, even if they were halfway around the world.

Fairee Tales was deemed the 'Most Inspirational Game', and 'The Greatest Achievement In Technology'. It surely was the excitement of the season... Especially for two children from very different worlds.


~.~.~.~


Lena Obrison squealed as she unwrapped her last birthday gift. Could this really be it? Was this what she had been hoping for?

Lena was a 16-year old girl today. She had dark blonde hair that fell to her back, which was sometimes tangled and sometimes soft as silk. Her eyes were a brilliant shade of dark amber, which sparkled in the sunlight. Her skin was slightly tan, and she was tall for her age. Her weight and build were ordinary. Lena was the type of girl that preferred writing and painting instead of sports, and she preferred staying at home with popcorn instead of going out to the mall.

She finally tore open the package, and her eyes nearly popped out of her head when she realized what it was. Fairee Tales. Only the best game in the world! It had just come out a couple months ago, and Lena had been dying to try it. She squealed again and hugged her mother tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She said. Her mother laughed and kissed her head.

"Run along, then! Go play it!" Her mother encouraged her, and Lena shot up and ran to her room, turning on her game system quickly. Fairee Tales ran on pretty much every system, so even though hers was a little old, it still worked. She breathed heavily as she unwrapped a package that contained the headset for the game, and took her controller.

The first menu came up. NEW GAME

Lena took her controller and selected NEW GAME. The loading screen popped up, with the face of a girl on the lower screen popping up with a hint. Lena recognized the face. This was Selena, the daughter of the creator of the game. He had dedicated Fairee Tales to her when she passed away from cancer. A moment of sadness touched Lena, but she brushed it away when the game finished loading. Her heart thumped in her ears, and she looked intently onto the screen.

There was a blinding moment of light, and her eyes slowly opened. Lena shuddered when she looked down, then around her. She seemed to be floating in blackness, a small dim light above her the only way she could see. Lena stared around in confusion until a small screen popped up in front of her. SELECT CHARACTER

Lena tingled with excitement as she started typing her character in. When she hit ENTER, the one she wanted popped up, and she tapped the screen again.

CHANGE APPEARANCE?

Lena bit her lip. She wasn't sure about this one. She had heard multiple times that the game asked if you wanted to change your looks, but she wasn't sure how much they changed her. But she clicked YES.

Immediately, a warm feeling surged throughout her. She shuddered at the sudden warmth, but it was gone a second later. The screen in front of her was gone as well, replaced with a painting. The painting depicted a forest in the middle of fall, with leaves strewn about on the ground. Lena gasped as she was suddenly thrown forward.

Picking herself up from where she hit hard ground, Lena blinked as she stood. She had seemingly entered the painting, and was now surrounded by a forest in the middle of fall.

There were plenty of trees, whose leaves formed a canopy of colors above her. Leaves were all over the ground, and crunched underneath her feet. Birds were chirping, and squirrels ran around looking of nuts. Lena slowly raised her hands and smiled. Then she looked down at herself.

Her blue jeans and tank top were gone, replaced with a dress and skirt. She wore dark purple-and-light purple tights, and black boots that went to her ankles. Her dress was short, and the skirt was poofy. They were both purple with white designs on them, and tiny smiles patterned onto the dress. Her arms, up to her wrists, were covered by fishnet sleeves, and fur on the ends. Reaching up, Lena felt a cat-eared cap on top of her head. Her hair was still a blonde, but it was a little lighter and streaked with dark purple, and her eyes still a dark amber. Her smile only grew wider. Now, she was like her hero- The Cheshire Cat. Lena giggled and felt the texture of the dress- it was incredibly smooth.

A loud noise startled her out of her thoughts. There was a movement in the bushes, and all the squirrels and birds stopped as if synchronized. There was a loud, drawn-out snarl, and a large brown wolf stalked out of the bushes. Lena's eyes widened with fear and she slowly started walking backwards, stumbling a little. The wolf advanced on her, baring its teeth. Lena was almost quivering in fear, preparing for her end. She'd have to start over...

Suddenly there was a call. It sounded like a bird's call, or a war cry. A boy, about the same age as Lena, came running from behind her. He winked at her before reaching into a tall hat he wore on his head and drawing out two cups of tea. Lena was confused for a moment, before he threw the teacups at the wolf, and they exploded with a loud bang. The wolf howled its pain and bounded at them, tackling the boy. He fumbled with something for a second, and a minute later, the wolf yowled in pain and limped off. Lena caught sight of a bright green mark on his paw. The boy was still lying on the floor, and hissed in pain as he tried to sit up. Lena startled, and rushed to him. She inwardly gasped as she saw a dark red bite on his arm. It was bleeding profusely.

"Here, let me help." She said softly, picking up an over-sized leaf. She tenderly wrapped it around the boy's arm. He was still, and stared at her. She looked up to see bright blue orbs staring back at her, and felt her cheeks heating up a little. His hair was dark brown, and hidden by a black and mint-green tall hat he wore on his head. The boy had a dark green jacket with a polka-dot tie on, and a white shirt underneath. His pants were black, and slightly torn from the wolf encounter. He smiled at her.

"Thanks." The boy smiled warmly at her. He admired her features and clothes closely. She hadn't attacked the wolf, or moved, so he assumed she was new. He grunted and slowly sat up, looking at his wounded arm. She had wrapped his arm with a large leaf, and tied a tight knot on it. It was a makeshift cast.

"No problem." Lena smiled back, kneeling down next to him. "My name is Lena. What's yours?"

"I'm Parker." He said, and struggled to stand. She noticed and helped him up. "You're a newbie, hmm?"

"Is it that obvious?" She mumbled, her cheeks heating up again as he chuckled.

"Don't worry. We were all new once upon a time." Parker winked at her again and slowly started walking, cradling his arm. Lena followed him closely.

"Where are you going?" She asked lightly. Since the wolf was gone, the birds and squirrels came back out, chirping and scurrying around.

"Village closest to here...I need an antidote. And fast." Parker said quietly, and his smile faded. He might've just met her, but Parker knew he didn't want to hurt Lena. Not to mention, when he looked at her, his heart felt like it had skipped a beat. Then he reminded himself that he didn't know her. She could just be a snobby, rude girl. But his heart felt that wasn't true.

"Antidote? Why would you need a-" Her eyes suddenly widened as she realized what he meant, and she looked down to his arm that was wrapped in the leaf. "You're going to transform into a wolf, aren't you?" She whispered. Parker bit his lower lip and nodded once. Lena shuddered. "Does it...hurt you?"

"I guess. I haven't been bit yet...And I've been alone since I came in here." Parker replied as they walked. Leaves crunched under their feet. A tense silence filled the air. Parker suddenly froze. They could see the village ahead of them, just a few more minutes. Lena's eyes widened in horror as Parker fell to his knees, his eyes closed and sweat beading on his eyebrow.

"P-Parker?" Lena asked softly, shakily putting one hand on his shoulder. She jumped as he stumbled back from her, now panting and holding his head.


"Lena-Run!" He managed to gasp out before closing his eyes tightly as if in pain.

"I'm not leaving you alone here!" Lena turned to the village, and her eyes narrowed. Suddenly she knew what to do. Closing her eyes, she concentrated.

It was a few seconds before she looked down, feeling something cold in her hand. It was a small vial filled with bright red liquid. She quickly turned to Parker, who was now lying down on the floor. She raced over to him and opened his mouth, her hands trembling as she carefully gave him a couple drops of the red liquid. Lena was trusting her prime instincts, but she nearly shook with fear.

Parker stopped moving and lay still. Lena's eyes widened even more and her breathing came out in quick, ragged gasps before he quickly sat up, looking around wildly. He relaxed once he saw it was Lena.

"Lena." He said, rubbing his head. "What happened?"

"I...I think you were transforming." Lena replied quietly. "And I got worried so I did something and then this red liquid appeared in my hand and-" she quieted once she realized he was chuckling quietly at her. Her cheeks flamed red and she looked down.

"You saved me." Parker grinned at her. He felt something in his stomach, some feeling he didn't quite understand very well. His insides were twisting and turning, and a smile tugged at his lips. "Thank you."


"W-Well, I don't think it was really saving..." Lena stammered, but was silenced by Parker's hand on hers.

"Thank you." He repeated softly, and their eyes met. Lena felt her heart skip a beat, and looked at the floor. Parker cleared his throat, his cheeks turning a light pink, and struggled to stand. Lena helped him.

"Come on, then." Parker said. He and Lena began walking back to the village.

The sun began to set as they began their journey.
Sign up to rate and review this story