Categories > Games > Advance Wars

Happy New Year Each And Every Day!

by consultancyquibble 0 reviews

Madisyn woke up on New Years day not feeling like she was going to have a good day. She didn't want to start the new year feeling badly because it mig

Category: Advance Wars - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2016-12-29 - 1267 words

0Unrated
Madisyn woke up on New Years day not feeling like she was going to have a good day. She didn't want to start the new year feeling badly because it might be an omen of things to come. What if we treated every day as a new year? Today is just another day on the calendar. In fact, for much of the industry, today is just an ordinary day. The Chinese celebrate New Year in February. My Persian contacts celebrate it in the spring. For me, New Year starts in September because I spent so many years in school and that's when school always started.
Of course we want to look into the future with optimism and the desire for improvement in our lives. Jack Nicholson may best have said it in his movie "As Good As It Gets." What if this is as good as it gets? Can we imagine this full life and ourselves as perfect or okay? Can we be happy with what we have? That we have a better life if we aren't, what are we willing to do to change it so?
"The Matrix" is my favorite movie. It illustrates the spiritual path beautifully. Neo, the main character, is told that he is "The One" early on. He was filled by that concept with expectation of what it meant to him to be "The One". He had to go through utter devastation and all his expectations had to be broken before he was able to see what being "The One" really meant. That's true for all of us. We choose, we often have a period of darkness where it doesn't look like we will get what we want when we begin our spiritual path, or any other path. We have to go through that period so that we can become clearer about what we are really asking for.
I was five when I knew that I wanted to become a doctor. I had limited experience and knowledge of doctors at that time. My experience of the medical field continued to develop until I experienced it firsthand as I grew, but I really had no concept of what it meant to be a doctor. We think about how things are in our minds, but until we have the full experience, we don't really know what that is. I wanted to be a doctor so badly for me to get there that I was willing to have whatever experience it took.
Our understanding of love is also limited by our experience. Our parents love is confined by their pain and perceptions of what love is, and that might lead us to develop a distorted idea of what it is. Who has the ability to teach about love? We move through our life experiences, and learn as we grow. Each time we have an opportunity to love, or give to someone else, we grow. We learn the most from our ability to love in the real face of adversity and from forgiving what has hurt us in the past.
All the spiritual teachings speak of living in the now. In order to let yourself be in the now, you have to stop hanging on to the past. And....you have to be willing to live your life that is fullest right here and right now. On a certain level we are all "The One" in that we each have special gifts and opportunities to offer. We each have to find our way through the maze of our existence to see who we are.
Happy New Year today, tomorrow, and all the tomorrows after that. May each day of your life be an entire new year of healing and growth.
woke up on New Years day not feeling like she was going to have a good day. She didn't like to start this new year feeling badly as it may be an omen of what to come. What if we treated each and every day as a brand new year? Today is merely another day in the calendar. In fact, for most of the planet, today is merely a typical day. The Chinese celebrate New Year in February. My Persian friends celebrate it within the spring. For me personally, New Year starts in September because I spent a lot of years in school and that is when school always started.
Needless to say we want to look into the long term with optimism and also the desire for improvement within our lives. Jack Nicholson could have said it best in his movie “As Good because It Gets.” What if this is as good as it gets? Can we imagine this life and ourselves as perfect or okay? Can we be pleased with that which we have? Whenever we are not, what exactly are we happy to do in order to change it making sure that we now have a much better life?
"The Matrix" is my personal favorite movie. It illustrates the spiritual path beautifully. Neo, the primary character, is told that he's " The One" early on. That concept filled him with expectation of what it designed to him to be " The One". He previously to undergo utter devastation and all his expectations must be broken before he had been able to see just what being " The One" really meant. That is correct for people. Once we begin our spiritual path, or other path we choose, we quite often have a period of darkness where it generally does not seem like we are going to get everything we want. We have to proceed through that period to ensure that we can become clearer in what we are really asking for. I was five whenever I knew that I needed to be a doctor. I experienced limited experience and knowledge of doctors at that time. My connection with the medical field continued to develop when I grew, but I truly had no concept of what it supposed to be a physician until I experienced it firsthand. We think about how things have been in our minds, but until we have the full experience, we do not truly know what that is. I needed to be a physician so badly that I happened to be willing to have whatever experience it took in my situation to have there.
Our understanding of love is also restricted to our experience. Our parents love is confined by their pain and perceptions of what love is, and therefore might lead us to produce a distorted idea of what it really is. Who has got the ability to teach about love? We move through our life experiences, and learn as we grow. Each time we now have a way to love, or share with some other person, we grow. We learn the essential from our power to love when confronted with adversity and from forgiving what has hurt us in past times. Most of the spiritual teachings speak of staying in the now. So that you can let yourself be within the now, you must stop hanging onto the past. And....you have to be prepared to live your fullest life the following and at this time. On a certain level our company is all "The One" in that we each have special gifts and opportunities to offer. We each need to find our way through the maze of y our existence to see who we are.
Happy New Year today, tomorrow, and all the tomorrows after that. May each day of your life be a complete new year of healing and growth.
Sign up to rate and review this story