Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Empress Lovers

Testing Headaches

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna and Minori have their blood tested in Watari's lab and the results turn out pretty grim.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Watari - Published: 2017-01-24 - 629 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Five: Testing Headaches:

February 16th, 2011.

10:00 a.m.

Anna and Minori sat waiting in Watari's lab.

"You scared of needles?" Anna asked.

"No," Minori said.

"Good," the other woman said. April prepared the needles.

"I'm a little afraid," Anna said.

"You won't feel a thing," April said. "I'm really good with drawing blood." The English shinigami held up a needle.

"Who's going first?" she asked.

"I will," Minori said.

"Roll up your sleeve," April said. The hunter rolled up her left sleeve.

"Turn away," the shinigami said. Minori looked to the right as the needle went into her arm.

"Done," April said. Minori looked up.

"What?" she asked. The shinigami repeated the process with Anna.

"Wow, you're right," Anna said. "That didn't hurt."

"Thank you," April said. "I'll get the samples to Watari-san right away."

"When we'll we get our results back?" Anna asked.

"By three or five," the shinigami said.

"Three or five?!" Minori asked. Anna patted her on the shoulder.

"Take it easy," she said. Minori went pale in her face.

"I can't wait that long," she said. "I have to get back. I can't stay here any longer."

"Yes, we know," Anna said. "You can't do anything until then. You'll just have to wait." Minori stared at her, big-eyed. She opened her mouth, but the older woman cut her off.

"I don't want to hear it," she said. "You won't leave until we know how bad it is. Am I clear?" The hunter stared; mouth open. April stood, confused.

"Uh… I don't know what's going on here," she said. "But, I'm taking these to be tested now."

"Fine," Anna said. The shinigami frowned and walked to her boss' office.

"Strange…" she muttered.

Miles away in Chijou, an old man looked at his phone. No missed calls. She should've checked in by now.

He looked at his watch. Come on, where are you?

"Something wrong?" someone asked behind him. The old man waved them away. What was he worried for? This was Minori, his only granddaughter. He trained her well. She wouldn't be so captured easily. Maybe she was busy on her hunt. She could've forgotten to check in. The old man would probably hear back from her by morning.

That's when his wrist cuff lit up.

Well, crap.

3:00 p.m.

Anna's cell phone rang.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Anna-san, how soon can you and Minori-chan get here?" Watari asked on the other line.

"You got the results in?"

"Yes."

"Are we cursed?"

"Yes."

"How bad is it?"

"You and Minori-chan have to get down here right away."

"We'll be right there."

-Watari's Lab-

Minori sat with her jaw to the floor. "What?"

"You are cursed," Watari said.

"No…"

"I'm afraid so."

"What exactly did he do to us?" Anna asked.

"It looks like a poison I'm not familiar with," the blonde scientist said. "If left untreated, you both could die."

"No," Minori said, shaking her head. "No, no!"

"Is there a way to break the curse?" Anna asked.

"As of right now, no," Watari said. "But you can stop the poison from spreading."

"How?" Minori asked.

"For Anna-san, the Mother needs to feed to stop the poison from spreading in her blood."

"And me?"

"I am still working on that. You are a human. Anna-san has a kitsune merged with her soul." All of the color drained from Minori's face.

"So, there's nothing you can do?" she asked.

"I didn't say that," Watari said. "I'm still working on that." The hunter rose to her feet and wandered out of the room.

"Minori… -chan?" Anna asked after her.

"Let her be," Watari said. "She's just in shock right now."

Hours later, Minori's grandfather and three other hunters found her in a park when she tapped her bracelet again.
Sign up to rate and review this story