Categories > Original > Drama > Crimson Moon

chapter three

by bxtch2st0n3d 0 reviews

the phenex finally meet with a member of the Leraje. The Leraje make them an offer they cant refuse.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2017-01-25 - 4852 words

0Unrated
Three
“First Belle locks herself in her room, then the nut ball, now Lydia is missing. Maybe we should leave.” Gaia said to Ravan. His head covered her bare breasts as she stroked his hair.
“We’d have to find Lydia first and break the bedroom door down for Belle.” He sighed. “How much longer?”
“Before I start showing or before I deliver?” she smiled. She loved talking to him about what grew in her womb.
“Before he’s here.”
“And what makes you so sure it’s a he. What if it’s a girl?” she laughed at Ravan’s certainty.
“I just have a feeling.” He sat up and stretched. The sun gleamed off his brown skin. Gaia scanned every inch of his back. She loved the way his muscles just barley protruded past his lean figure. Sometimes he was underestimated by enemies for his strength, which they always regretted later for it wasn’t the size of the muscles that mattered.
Ravan turned to see her staring at his naked body. He smiled and wondered how he was so lucky to have found her. But Donovan knocking at the door interrupted them.
“Isis is getting everyone together. Just thought you two would like to know.” He gave his friend Ravan a look as he stood there with no shame. He smiled before he shut the door.
Gaia tied her fiery red hair into a large bun that slid to one side. She stood up and slid on her robe. Ravan came up behind her and turned her towards him, her emerald green eyes flashed in the morning light.
“You haven’t told anyone yet have you?” She didn’t answer right away and he knew she had gave in to Isis’s prying. What he didn’t know is it didn’t take long for Isis to guess.
They met up with everyone in the living room. They sat down just as Isis was explaining to Preta and Ren what was happening. Raven and the guys talked about how they were going to get Belle out and where to start looking for Lydia. Their first ideas were to look at the local bars, they didn’t think to look in the building a floor below them.
“She disappeared the other night, she said she was going out for a smoke. She came back an hour later.” Ore chimed in.
“Why didn’t you say this earlier?” Donovan demanded. “Did she say anything else?”
“No, nothing. She seemed happier than when she left.”
Donovan looked at Isis. “Find her.” She said.

Lydia was just opening her eyes in the arms of Evan. She was blissful to her families panic for her. She kissed him on the cheek before she stood up to put on her clothes.
“Wait.” He said.
“I have to go my family is probably looking for me.”
“Just for a little longer, please?” he puffed out his bottom lip jokingly, Lydia laughed and could not refuse. She crawled back into the bed beside him.
They kissed a little, talked more of his past, he finally tried to pry into her life a little. She only mentioned that she was a student from Philadelphia, leaving out a major or what school. But her mysteriousness intrigued him.
“Your eyes, they’re as deep as the ocean.” He said. She didn’t notice he was staring at her eyes, luckily for him from the side.
“Why because they’re blue?” She smirked.
“Well, yeah.” He stumbled looking for a more original answer but faltered. She kissed him deeply just for the effort. But she still had to leave. She wished she could lay beside him forever but she had to get back. Isis would surely be awake and have the guys out hunting for her. And a lecture surely awaited. He walked her out and asked her when he’d see her again. “You’ll know.” She replied and walked away.
As she walked down the hall to the stairs, she hears a group of loud footsteps coming down the stairs. She looked for a place to hide but they had already seen her. Donovan ran over to her like a football player, gripping her up by the back of her shirt, lifting her off the ground. He flung her around like she was made of paper and began to walk up the steps, dragging her behind him. Lydia struggled to free herself from his grip but to no avail. She began to struggle to breathe as the collar of her shirt dug into her throat. She was just starting to black out before Donovan threw her before Isis.
As she gasped for air and looked up, she saw Isis gazing down at her with disappointment. Lydia knew her late night escape to Evan was a mistake. Lydia caught her breath and began to speak but Isis didn’t give her a chance.
“Lydia, you know everything that is happening and yet you chose to disappear. I don’t need to ask where you were, you wreak of human and sex. You couldn’t wait to satisfy your urges?” she spoke coolly, but Lydia could feel the anger in every syllable.
“Isis, I’m sorry, I know the timing was wrong…”
“The timing was wrong?” she screeched. “Your selfishness disgusts me Lydia. Do you not understand what’s going on? The Saleos are after us. We need to stick together and yet you leave me with no choice but to send Donovan chasing after you. What if we had to leave and you were with your mortal? What would you have done then?”
Lydia sat in silence, letting Isis’s question sink in. She wouldn’t know what to do if her family left her, the thought of it tore a hole into her stomach. Isis saw in her face how hurt she was by that thought of being left behind.
“You are not to leave this house Lydia. Please, don’t disobey me.”
That night Donovan and Amon went out to get ingredients for dinner. Isis decided with all the tension, they needed a quality home cooked meal. No one protested to this, they were all tired of take out. Isis made a superb head chef as well. As long as she was in charge, anything and everything that was made under her supervision tasted as if it was made by the finest chefs. Of course, she always credited her assistants, usually Belle, Gaia, and Preta. But since Belle was still locked away, Isis invited Lydia. She wanted to keep a close eye on her, but thought of taking a less harsh approach than usual.
“Beat those eggs, Ren.” Isis said, Ren was just happy to be helping for once. Sometimes they forgot even though Ren looked no older than eight years old, she would be a thousand years old in only a year or two. Her childlike mask fooled many. But Isis knew it would not be enough to save her if another family found them.
When completed, they had a meal before them that was large enough even for the wealthy and fat cats to envy them. They all sat down in their places and began to fill their plates. It was an ordinary night, and on the surface, they appeared to be like any other family. Lydia enjoyed these small moments.
Suddenly there was a knock on the door. It silenced their chatter in seconds, faster than Donovan could ever imagine. Their eyes wildly flew around the room, either looking for a place to hide or something to fight with. Isis looked to Gaia and without speaking a word, she understood what Isis wanted. She grabbed Ren’s hand and whispered for Preta to follow. They scurried to the back room. Again, the stranger knocked. It wasn’t a hard knock, it was soft, and delicate, as if a friend was knocking. But they knew who ever stood outside wasn’t a friend. The timing was too precise with them feeling at ease just for a moment.
Isis nodded to Donovan letting him know everyone was in place and ready for whatever was behind the door. He turned the nob, keeping one foot behind the door, he slowly opened it. He gazed outside trying to get his eyes on the stranger before their eyes were on him. He was too late, face to face with a smiling man.
He grinned at Donovan, intimidatingly. “Can I help you?” Donovan said, trying to keep his cool and not reveal how vulnerable they were.
“Donovan, nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard many good things about you from Gregorie Saleos. May I come in?” he asked. His clothes were eloquent. He looked as if he fit right in with high society, if it wasn’t for his rat face and yellowed teeth.
“Any friend of the Saleos are not welcomed into this house. State your business.” Donovan stood his ground, he wouldn’t back down unless one of his owns life depended on it.
“Now now Donovan, no need to be rude. We don’t want to hurt your young ones, or you for that matter. We just want to talk. I have been led to believe that our messenger may have mixed up a message for you.”
Donovan raised his eye brow at this. The old man had been sent? Yes, he answered their questions, but not as honestly as Donovan would have liked. He was a fool for not taking action sooner, he could feel Valac and Amon staring at him reassuring him of this thought.
“Donovan, you and your…” he paused, even acknowledging him and his people as a family was going to make him ill. But he took a breath, he didn’t want to be rude and be forced to become violent to get what he wanted. He continued “You’re all outnumbered, there doesn’t need to be blood shed for this. Have some manors and invite me in so we can discuss this like civilized creatures.”
He looked to Isis for an answer. She nodded to let him in. Donovan slowly opened the door to see the hall way filled almost 20 men, heavily armed. None of them were mortals. Even the overly polite rat. As they all started to head towards the door as if they were all going to squeeze into the tiny apartment. But the man put his hand up, holding 3 fingers as if to say no more than three weren’t needed. Donovan didn’t like this enemy’s confidence, he shut the door behind them.
The man sat down without even being invited to sit. “Now, I am Peter Leraje. You could say I’m the advisor to the Leraje.”
As he spoke, he causally let his eyes wonder around the room. Not to find where everyone was hiding, no his men had already done this. He looked at the bare walls and lack of furniture, the large dinner they were about to feast on before his interruption. Donovan stood stone faced, trying not to let Peter on to his fears. But Peter knew he hadn’t a reason to not fear the impending danger he brought right to his door.
“I have come to speak with the member in charge.” Again, he avoided using the word family, they knew he was doing this to insult them at this point. “We know enough about you to that you are simply the brawns of the operation, Donovan, not in charge. If you could put your ego aside for a second and let us speak to Isis, that would be wonderful.”
This enraged Donovan, not only was he emasculating him, he was a threat. He couldn’t have this. But before he could make a move, Isis was in front of him, putting her hand across his chest. “I’m listening.” She said.
Peter smiled at her. She was just as beautiful as he had pictured her from the stories. But her beauty did not intimidate him like most. But he felt more at ease speaking with her than Donovan, and now that he saw she really was the one in charge, being a woman, this may make things even easier for him.
“My dear, Isis. It is my pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance.” He stuck out his hand, she obliged and stuck out hers, he kissed the top of her hand. “They’re so smooth. One who didn’t know the truth to your stories would be fooled.”
“You flatter me. But I wasn’t the one who wrote the stories. Consequently I have no say of what is written by mortal hands.” She replied with such grace and couth that her response threw Peter off somewhat. He was quick to pull himself together though.
“Well we seem to have a situation on our hands, now don’t we, Isis.”
“Why yes, Peter, I think we do. I assume you’ve come here with a resolution to this?”
“Very good. You are a very clever girl. I hope you are clever enough to accept my offer.”
There was a silent battle of the eyes for a moment between Isis and Peter. They sized each other up, contemplating the exact risk one imposed on the other. Isis was sure not to underestimate her enemy, while Peter was confident in the fact she was a woman, that he had the upper hand. He couldn’t tell she was older than he by many years, but Isis knew age was just a silly scale made by humans.
“So, what is this proposition?” Isis asked, giving a light-hearted smile.
“I’m glad you asked. As you know the Saleos want your heads on poles for all to see. But, seeing you have made your way onto Leraje land, it’s really up to us what becomes of you. We’re going to give you a hand in deciding your fate. You can either obey by our rules, send your men when called upon, and never leave Seattle. If you do you will be out of our protection and the Saleos will catch you. You have no clue how close they were this time. If it wasn’t for our kindness you would already be dead.”
He paused to let Isis think about his last remark. They had remained untouched for the past few days, with no problems but the old man. Not a sight or sent of a Saleos came to any of them. Were they almost taken out, without their knowing? Did the Leraje really come to their aide? She knew although, there was no signs of Saleos, they were being watched. Now that the fact it was know they were being studied by the Leraje, what were there intentions? Isis had to think quickly but she still need more time. “How will you handle us if I decide we will not comply?”
“I’d rather not take this route, I’m sure you feel the same. Though you know very well I’d turn you over to the Saleos. I really hope this isn’t the route you chose. But I offer you a night to sleep on it. Hopefully you are wise and logical with your decision.” He looked towards Donovan when as he spoke the word logical. “We’ll be back for your answer. I look forward to seeing you again, Isis.”
Peter bowed to her, not taking his eyes off of her for a second. He motioned for his 3 men to follow his lead, and they left. No one made a move or said a word well after they had shut the door. Finally, Donovan looked to Isis, he knew they needed to make a plan.
“There’s always a catch.” Ravan said. Isis knew this. Their usual plan of staying a step ahead was not going to work in this situation. There was no easy way, no running this time. Donovan Strived in situations where the problem needed to be met head on, but this was not an ordinary situation, nor were the Leraje an ordinary problem. From Peters visit alone they assessed that beside the fact the Leraje were armed beyond their comprehension with possibly mass numbers, but they were very much like the Saleos family with their cunningness. They were sure to realize they wouldn’t fall for Peter’s seemingly friendly visit, over-armed and over manned. Peter and his men obviously knew many things about them, just from stalking them for seventy-two hours. More than Isis and Donovan wanted them to know. They surely didn’t have the upper hand in this situation, and they weren’t sure if they could gain it back.
Lydia knew there was no escaping to Evan’s that night. And she wasn’t sure if she was even up for it. She laid in her bed staring at the celling, processing what happened earlier that night. She had a perfect view of the whole thing, heard every word spoken, yet she understood little. Before, the Saleos would have just stormed in, guns blazing giving them, no warning. But these Leraje, they came with smiles and solutions. This wasn’t something an enemy did.
None of them slept well that night. They were too busy thinking about how the next night would play out, doubting it would be in their favor. From the impression Peter had left, they were behind the Leraje.
The next morning, their breakfast was silent, followed by more silence. Preta and Ren had been sent to their room while the rest of them meant to discuss their fate. Although they didn’t have many options.
“So, are we going to fall right into their trap?” Amon says.
“Who’s to say it’s a trap? If they wanted us dead, we would be dead.” Gaia replied.
“We need to accept their offer, figure out what is involved, then figure out our best plan of action to escape.” Valac said.
“No.” Isis said, with barely any sound. They all looked at her as if she was mad.
“Isis what are you talking about?” Donovan was concerned with her answer.
“How long have we been running from the Saleos? No, how much longer will we be able to run from them? This has been going on for too long. We’re all tired. Maybe it’s better to live under their protection. Just for a little bit, to collect ourselves. We have no choice.”
“Of course we have a choice. There’s always a choice. We can’t just bow down to these assholes. Sending a decaying messenger, then that creep Peter. You could say I’m an advisor.” He mocked Peter.
“You know better than to act this foolish, Donovan.” Isis pointed to the bedroom. But Donovan didn’t move like he usually did. By not reacting sooner, he felt this was his fault. Like the Leraje wouldn’t have caught up with them, or worse the Saleos. Isis reminded him how silly that sounded. This was more of a political matter, which Isis handled much better with her steady thought process. Though she didn’t know if it would be enough to get them out of this mess.
During their brain storming, Lydia slipped out. She knew it wasn’t the greatest idea and eventually her presence would be missed, but she wanted to see Evan, one last time if that night was to go down how she thought. She had no hope for her family and saw them bathed in their blood as the Leraje and Saleos stood over their corpses. She tried to push the thoughts from her mind as she walked onto the second floor.
As soon as Evan open the door, Lydia barged in, pressing her lips into his. He was surprised, but he was not opposed by this. He wrapped his arms around her to pull her in to his embrace, shutting the door behind them. Lydia pushed Evan onto his couch, straddling his lap. Their bodies grinding together in perfect rhythm. They moaned for each other, as they began sliding off their clothes. Again, Lydia lost control to him. This time she was only more willing and all the more eager for him to be inside her.
As soon as Lydia felt Evan fall asleep she slipped out of the bed. The sun was just below the horizon but some of its light still shown through the window. She was just starting to slide her pants over her hips when she heard Evan stir. “You’re always leaving so soon.” He said sleepily.
“I know I’m sorry. I’ve just been here too long already. I have to go back, they’re probably worried already.” Lydia leaned over and kissed him one more time. What she thought would be the last time. “Good night.”
As she climbed the stairs she sensed Peter’s presence already. Suddenly fearing she was too late and her family had left her, she rushed up the stair. As she threw open the door, she saw Peter had not yet arrived. Instead the door Belle was once locked behind was open, and her family stood around the entryway in tears.
Isis turned to Lydia as she approached, face filled with tears. She had nothing to say to her over her disappearance, there was enough sorrow filling the room.
“We need to get her body out before they get here. Shit, this couldn’t have happened at a worse time.” Donovan said to Ravan.
Gaia sat in the corner consoling Ren and Preta. Lydia walked to them for an answer to Belle’s early demise. She had taken her own life. There was a note with her reasons why she had taken this way out.


To my Dearest friends,
Please forgive me. You know I would never wish this burden of sadness upon you. But this life has taken its toll on me. When I was reminded of my dearest Author this became all too clear. It wouldn’t be right for me to slow you down during these times. So, I have taken it upon myself to relive you of my burden. Please give Preta and Ren all my love, make them understand this was not their fault. Please be safe my loves. Let no harm come to each other.
With love, Batibat



They all wondered how they let their friend’s sadness slip right by them, taking her presence for granted. But they had no time to morn. They needed to put her body to rest quickly, as they didn’t have long to prepare for Peter’s return. Gaia tried to get Lydia as up to speed as possible, as slim as their deadline was.
Quickly Ravan, Valac, and Amon began to prepare the body for burning. They didn’t have the time for a proper ceremony, so the Preta and Ren did what they could to put some quick words together. Isis stressed the word quick to them.
Ore kept watch from somewhere off the road. For his size, he could go unseen and unheard for a long time without being noticed. It made getting back to the apartment to alert his family when peter arrived that much easier. A slight panic set over everyone, everyone but Isis and Donovan.
“Alright,” he said, pushing his dark hair from his face. “Gaia, take Preta and Ren, get in the backroom. Lydia and Ore, I want you two watching from the hall. If anything happens, get to the backroom and get them out of the window. Ravan and Valac, I need you two near Isis. Amon I need you near me.”
Ravan looked to Gaia. These orders that separated him from his love did not settle with him. He needed to stay by and guard her and his child. Gaia gave him a reassuring nod, she was still hopeful nothing would go wrong. They all got to their places quickly, even before Peter and his gang’s cars were parked.
They were all silent, listening to the group climb the steps the room, occasionally exchanging glances with each other. All of them wondering if this would be the last time they would be together, if Peter would take them out one by one, or all at once, like the Saleos would have preferred.
The footsteps closed in then ceased. Once again there was the same friendly knock from the day before. This time the door opened, like he knew there wouldn’t be a greeting or an invitation to come in. He knew he wasn’t welcomed, but he really didn’t care. In that apartment laid his prizes, ten beautiful creatures of destruction.
“I was expecting a little more of a fight from you all...” Peter said, mocking their grave situation.
“That can be arranged.” Donovan mumbled under his breath. Isis hushed him, she did not share his ideas of bloodshed. Not that day at least.
Peter invited in his three men, the same ones as the day before, but left the door cracked. Just enough for the other men to see. They made their way to the couches where Peter sat down, his men covered him. One to his left, one to his right, one behind him. They had their eyes on all of them while Peter set his on Isis.
“Good evening, Isis.” He said, baring his yellow rat teeth with a smile that was as fake as a rubber snake.
“Good evening, Peter.” Isis’s response was forced, but respectful. She knew she needed to be diplomatic with her approach.
“I sense there is someone who will not be joining us tonight who was with us yesterday? What happened to her?”
Isis glared. How did he know of Belle’s passing? Of course, he had already stated they were watching, but to that degree? These thoughts only made her mind race more. What did they want?
“She took her own life. There is a note if you don’t believe in me.” Isis finally replied. He smiled, there mourning and grief would play into his favor.
“I am sorry for your loss.” He wasn’t really, and made no effort to make it seem like he did. “Now onto business. This is what we’re all here for, isn’t it, Isis? I am rather eager to hear your decision.”
“Yes, we have come to a decision. But I do have a few questions first.”
“Go on.” He said.
“If we cooperate with you, will we be kept together or will you separate us?”
He leaned by in the couch and pressed his hands together. They were unmanicured and just as oily as his face. “What would you have me do?” he asked after a moment.
“I would have you keep us together.”
He smiled, knowing she would say this. “How would I know, if I kept you all together that you wouldn’t plot an escape, or plot vengeance against us for your capture?”
She didn’t think he would be so blunt, but if this is what it took. She followed with a direct response.
“We have little to no choice in this. But our best option at his point would be to accept your offer of protection. It would not be wise to decline. Yes, we do not know the terms or conditions of this arrangement, yet it is obvious that declining would not be in our best interest. We can only hope you don’t plan to kill us or double cross us by turning us over to the Saleos. But it’s a shot we can afford to take. Hopefully letting us stay together, would be a shot you’re willing to take”
Peter was not expecting her to reply with brutal honesty, though he was not thrown off. She just confirmed they had the upper hand. He already knew this. He now knew they had no choice but to submit.
“I assume you would like to know those terms and conditions now?” he asked her. Isis nodded her head.
Everyone from Gaia in the back, to Lydia and Ore in the hall, even the great Donovan took a small breath and prayed. They weren’t sure who they were praying to. Even demons didn’t know for sure if there was a God, or even a devil for that. Their existence was just as confusing as mortals. But they did have a strong instinct to survive. It was the all to obvious option of survival, they all prayed that it wouldn’t be a trap. They all prayed that they would be able to stay together, knowing separation would mean their demise. Even Isis siting in front of Peter going down their new life contacts, sat silently praying. Was it to an invisible deity, or to fate itself even she didn’t know. She could only hope their prayers were answered.
Sign up to rate and review this story