Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X > sky and sea

outside looking in

by Yati 0 reviews

[#088: (Long) time] Yuna envies Tidus for not knowing what the Calm is.

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tidus, Yuna - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-03 - 291 words

1Moving
It was strange to me, strange and curious and wonderful, the way Tidus knew nothing of our history and lore. Every child knew about Sin, about the Calm and the summoners and the pilgrimage, about aeons and fayths and the teachings of Yevon, but with Tidus that wasn't the case. Lulu had to explain every single thing to Tidus. It was almost funny---she had said she didn't believe him, yet she treated him like he was a complete outsider to Spira, a strange visitor from another time and place.

In a way, that was exactly what he was.

Lulu was explaining the Calm. Oh, for not knowing what the Calm was, for always living in it that you had no name for it---what a wonderful thing that would be. I suppose I was envious of him too, in a way. A world without Sin. I didn't think I was even capable of imagining it. I told him about the cycle: Sin always dies, and is always reborn anew. Something flitted across his expression and it was gone before I could fully register what it was.

"If it always comes back . . ." he started, and I cut him off before he managed to finish the thought, because I couldn't bear to hear him say it. It was worth it, I told him. Whatever little time I might buy for the people of Spira, be it a year or ten or less, it was worth it. It was worth everything.

He nodded. I could see his admiration in the softening of his eyes and the thoughtful silences that followed.

Valefor stirred. "Any warnings of mine will be too late now, will they not be, my love?"

I had no answers for her.
Sign up to rate and review this story