Categories > TV > 10th Kingdom

Make Your Trip The Trip Of A Lifetime With These Basic Tips

by factscarf5warren 0 reviews

There is nothing more fun than traveling to new locations and having new experiences. There are a few things you should know before you hop on the pla

Category: 10th Kingdom - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2017-01-31 - 1031 words

0Unrated
There is nothing more fun than traveling to new locations and having new experiences. There are a few things you should know before you hop on the plane to your next destination. If you plan on traveling in the near future, then the travel tips in the following article should be very useful to you.

If the country to which you're traveling requires certain vaccinations, make sure you carry with you the certificate stating you got the treatment. This can be a serious issue traveling from country to country, and even within regions of a single country. If you fail to present proof of vaccination, you cannot prove to authorities that you are immunized, and you may be detained and quarantined.

Always bring a personal set of earplugs. Whether it is a child crying two rows ahead of you or an annoying person sitting next to you who wants to discuss his dream from last night of the plane crashing, it always helps to have a way to drown out that extraneous noise.




Split up clothes between bags when traveling. When traveling with more than one person, split your clothes between your respective suitcases. There is a chance you might lose a bag during your trip. If a bag is lost, having the clothes split up ensures than everyone will have at least one change of outfit available to them.

Space can sometimes be an issue when you are trying to pack too many clothes into your suitcase. Rolling your clothes up can sometimes decrease the amount of space you use. If you are concerned about your clothes getting wrinkled, roll them in tissue paper as well. This will free up important space in your luggage.


Rental cars come in all colors and all models. The problem is that they all look basically the same! Make sure you note your car's precise location before you leave it in a parking lot to go into a large discount store or anywhere else where it could be lost in the sea of other cars.

If you are planning to fly, make sure that you purchase your ticket under the same exact name that is on your identification. Airport security has increased these past years and you don't want to get to the airport and realize that you are not allowed to fly because your ID doesn't match up to your ticket.

If the cleanliness of the hotel you have chosen is a concern for you, use a clean T-shirt as a pillowcase. While you may not be able to fix the sheets, you can at least stay clothed. Your face is what you need to protect the most, so always have a clean shirt on hand!

When booking your room on a cruise, always pay extra for a balcony. Having your own private balcony can be one of the best parts of a cruise. You'll get great views, have a nice quiet place to relax, and you won't have to worry about other people being around.

Use noise-cancelling headphones. Because of all the engine and background noise on an airplane, you have to crank the volume on your headphones up dangerously high just to hear the music. Invest in a pair of noise-cancelling headphones, which cancel out the background noise and let you clearly hear your music at a reasonable volume. Even if you don't listen to music, they are great for just reducing the noise.

Drive through windows at fast food places almost inevitably give you too much or too little sugar or other sweetener when you order coffee or tea. When traveling, don't throw the extra away! Tuck into a baggie or maybe a little tin and keep it for the next time you are shorted. It sure beats having to turn around and go back through the drive through!

If you hope to avoid potential delays, aim for early flights. Chances are that if one flight is delayed, the flights immediately after that flight will have to be delayed. The first flight in the morning should have very limited reasons for a delay.

Social networking sites can serve as wonderful resources while you're traveling. A quick Tweet or Facebook status update asking such questions as: Where's a great place for ice cream in New York? or Which coffee shop should I check out in Rome? can provide you with a wealth of instant information.

When packing a backpack for your trip, try to pack it smartly and securely. Try placing lighter items at the bottom and the heavier ones at the top. This will cause your backpack to feel lighter on your back and shoulders. It is also a good idea to place things that you will use or need on the top. Dirty clothes can be easily placed on the bottom too.

If at all possible, when traveling abroad, try to get some of that country's currency before you even get on the plane. That way, you have one less thing to worry about when you arrive and will prevent you from having to take out large amounts of money at the airport.

When traveling with small children, try to bring some food, drinks, and snacks that they enjoy. Most children do not like the food and drinks that the airline offers. Also, make sure to bring toys, games, and activities that they will enjoy for the whole flight so they will be entertained.

If traveling with a baby, you can use their diaper bag as a carry-on too. It's not only great for all of your baby gear, but it is a great way to pack your valuables. These types of bags are generally less likely to be targeted for theft. You can also carry waste bags in these that are great for little ones and for use when you are not at a toilet that can flush.

So, travelling doesn't have to be problematic. There are steps you can take to help improve your enjoyment of your trip, and some of those steps have been outlined here in this article. Following this advice ought to help you have a much better experience the next time you travel.
Sign up to rate and review this story