Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

A New Enemy

by story_master 2 reviews

The heroes find out that they have an even more evil enemy that they have to defeat.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-03 - 1389 words

1Original
Archie's destination was an ancient collesium that underground. It had been burried by a land slide a long time ago. Archie saw his friend below, with Cronus. Archie snuck down and when Cronus wasn't looking he placed a hand over Atlanta's mouth and pulled her into the shadows. Then he ripped off the pendant around her neck and placed it on the ground and stepped on it. Atlanta fainted but Archie caught her. He lay her down on the ground behind a fallen pilar, and out of Cronus' sight. Archie then went up to a higher point inthe cavern and took out the laser crossbow he had taken from the school. He aimed it carefully and shot at the pendants around Jay, Theresa, Herry, Odie and Neil's necks. They all fainted. Cronus, who was going on and on about something noticed this and cursed loudly. Then he rapidly searched the room for Archie.

" Looking for someone Cronus." he said as he stepped out of the shadows by his friends.

" You!" Cronus exclaimed, with anger.

" Looks like your plan won't work now." Archie said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Cronus just started to laugh like a lunatic. ' This guys is seriously messed up.' Archie thought.

" What's so funny?" he asked, almost afraid to know the answer.

" My plan has already started." he replied one he got control over his laughter.

" Well I'm here to take you down." Archie said, taking a step forward.

" Oh it's not me you should be worried about." Cronus said, making Archie stop in his tracks.

" What do you mean?" Archie asked, knowing the answer but he asked anyway.

" You'll soon find out." he replied before opening a portal and disappearing.

Archie turned around when he heard Atlanta moan.

" Atlanta! Are you okay?" he asked as he rushed to her side.

" Archie?" she was holding her head.

Once her vision was clear she looked at the worried face of her purple haired friend and hugged him. He was a little surprised at the gesture but hugged her back. He then help her up and the others started to wake up. Atlanta and Archie helped up all their friends.

" What's going on?" Theresa asked.

" It's a long story. But right now we have to get out of here." Archie said.

They started up the long path that led up to the exit. Theresa all of a sudden stopped. She was having a vision. She saw the seven of the on the ground they were badly hurt. Cronus was also laying on the ground, he seemed to be in pain, and yelling at something. Then Theresa saw it. It was this huge creature. It looked like a giant shadow more or less. It's eyes glowed red and it wore some sort of ancient cerimonial outfit. It looked at Theresa and she stared into the face of pure evil. It's eyes were so hollow and empty. It spoke some words in latin and then Theresa came back to reality.

" Theresa? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Jay's voice was heavy with worry.

Theresa didn't answer. She couldn't. Her knees buckled under her and she collapsed. Fear washed over her. She was freezing. She didn't how to feel. Scared. Sad. Angry. She didn't know whether to cry or run away. All she could do was sit there and shiver. Holding herself. Not wanting to see that thing again.

" Theresa? Theresa?" Atlanta was calling her name and shaking her shoulders but Theresa just sat there staring in space. She couldn't move. She was too shocked.

" We have to leave. NOW!" Archie said trying to get them out as fast as he could.

" Why do we have to leave right now?" Neil asked.

" Because-" Archie didn't get to answer because a huge tremor shook them all. Everyone fell to the ground. Archie knew it wasn't a tremor. He knew exactly what it was.

" What the..." Odie started but another tremor made him stop.

" We have to leave. NOW!" Archie yelled over the noise of the earth shaking.

No one protested. Jay picked up Theresa and carried her out. Archie helped Atlanta and the others ran. When they got outside Archie was the last one out. They all stopped for a second.

" Don't stop. Keep runnig. It's not an earthquake." He yelled over the noise.

Everyone followed him. He obviously knew what he was talking about. When they were about 800 yards from the moutain they stopped. The noise had ceased but Archie knew what was next to come.

" We can't stop. We have to get back to New Olympia. Now!" Archie insisted.

" We need to stop and rest." Atlanta said as she layed back on the grass.

" Yeah. What's the big deal Arch? The tremors stopped. Everything's okay." Odie said, joining Atlanta on the grass.

" Everything is not fine. We have to leave. NOW!" he was getting really mad.

" Archie what's wrong? Why do we have to leave now?" Jay asked as he sat beside a still petrified Theresa.

The earth started to shake once more. This time thenoise was so loud the heroes had to cover their ears. Theresa even snapped out of her shocked state to cover her ears. They heard the earth split and they all looked over the the mountain to see it collapse in on itself. Their mouths dropped open. But only Archie knew what was going to happen next.

A huge figure rose from the rumble. The heroes could only sit and stare. Once the ground had stopped shaking and the noise had ceased once more Archie pulled his friends up and they all ran. There was no way they could face THAT! Archie called Hermes on his PMR and the took the portal back to the school. They didn't stop. They ran back to their dorm. No one spoke or moved once they were inside. An eerie silence fell over them. Then the silence was broke.

" What... was... that... thing?" Atlanta asked between gasps for air.

" I don't know and I don't want to know." Herry answered.

" Umbra Dominus." Archie said.

Everyone looked at him.

" What?" Jay asked.

" More like who." Archie replied.

They all just looked at him.

" Ummra doni- what?" Neil asked, attempting to repeat what Archie had said.

" Umbra Dominus." Archie repeated.

" What does that mean?" Atlanta asked.

" It means we're all in serious trouble." Archie replied.

" Huh?" everyone was really confused, except for Theresa. She knew what it was and what it was capable of.

" That's the thing that came out of the mountain. Cronus brought him back to life." Archie explained.

" But what does that mean? Umbra Dominus?" Jay asked.

" Hera will be able to explain it better. Let's go." Archie said heading for the door.

They all followed him and got into Herry's truck. They arrived at the school shortly after. They went straight to see Hera. When they walked in her expression was worried. Then she saw the seven young heroes and a look of relief came over her. Then it change to disappointment.

" What were you thinking when you left?" she asked looking at Archie.

" I went to save them." Archie replied simply.

" Do you know what could've happened?" she asked.

" Yes I do. But it was a risk I was willing to take to save them." Archie replied.

Hera just sighed and was about to say something else when Hermes came into the room, terror on his face.

" He's alive! He's alive!" he yelled.

" Who is?" Hera asked him calmly.

" Umbra Dominus." Archie answered for the terrified messenger.

" What does that mean? Who is Umbra Dominus?" Jay asked.

" He's the doom to us all." Archie said.
~*~

Who is Umbra Dominus? What will he do? Will the heroes be able to stop him? Will Cronus be able to control him? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: I hope you liked this chapter. Do you like my creature? I made him up. Well I'm pretty sure I did. It may be real but I haven't read about him so I think it's made up. Well there was a little bit of A/A in there but there will be tons more to come. And tons of J/T too. Please R+R. Constructive critism is also welcome. If anything is unclear about the story just ask. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story