Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Worse Than Cronus

by story_master 6 reviews

The heroes find out about the Umbra Dominus.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-03 - 1120 words

1Exciting
" What!?" the six other teens were shocked and scared.

" Umbra Dominus is the undead ruler of the Umbra Imperium. He tried to conquer this world in the ancient times. When he failed the gods finally sealed off the Umbra Imperium, locking him in there forever. Some call him the Anima Custos because as ruler of the Umbra Imperium he was the Anima Custos." Archie explianed.

Everyone just stared at him with disbelief. Hera had a thoughtful expression on her face.

" I didn't know you spoke latin Archie." she said, breaking the silience.

" Latin?" Odie asked, finding his voice.

" Yeah. I have a latin friend back home. He taught me latin." Archie said, slightly blushing.

" So what does all that mean?" Jay asked.

" Well Umbra Dominus means Shadow Lord. Umbra Imperium means Shadow Realm. And Anima Custos means Soul Keeper." Archie explained.

" So if the Shadow Realm was sealed off then who opened it?" Herry asked.

" Cronus." Archie replied.

" Yes. Those pendants are what he used to feed the Umbra Dominus. He feeds on the lives of any living creature. You're lucky Archie found you when he did." Hera said.

" So how do we stop him?" Jay asked.

" I'm afraid I don't know." Hera replied, her expression turned solem.

" But didn't you say the gods defeated him once?" Atlanta asked.

" We merely trapped him. No one knows how to stop him." Hera replied.

" Well can't we just trap him again? I mean if you did it once what's the problem?" Neil asked, with his mirror out.

" We attacked him when he was weak." Hera said.

" Well then lets make him weak. How hard can that be?" Herry said.

" He was weak because he had destroyed most of the world. If we were to try it again the effects would be catastrophic." Hera said.

" Then we'll just have to find another way to defeat him." Jay said.

" You should all go home and rest. You'll need it if you want to face him." Hera said.

" So what's with this guy?" Neil asked as they got into Herry's truck.

" He's more evil than Cronus and twice as powerful." Archie replied.

The seven heroes went back home. None of them went to bed though. They were all still talking about the Umbra Dominus, and how to stop it. No one noticed but Theresa had left. It was Jay who had finally noticed. He left and went up to the roof. He knew that was where she went to think.

He step out on to the roof and felt the cool breeze. He saw Theresa leaning against the roof's edge. He walked over and stood beside her. She seemed to be off somewhere else.

" Want some company?" he asked.

" Sure." she said after a few seconds, when she came back to reality.

" Are you okay?" he asked worry in his eyes.

She looked over to him and smiled. She didn't reply but she nodded. He knew something was wrong.

" Are you sure? You've been really quiet lately." he said.

She looked out at the city lights and then back to him. She had worry in her eyes.

" I had a vision." she said quietly.

" About what?" Jay asked.

" The Umbra Dominus. I saw the seven of us laying on the ground. We had a bunch of cuts and gashes. Cronus was hurt too. Then I saw him. He looked right at me. He said something and then reached for me. His touch sent chills through me. But I just don't understand it. It was a vision. How could he have touched me?" Theresa said, tears forming in her eyes, " I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but evil. They were so empty and full of hatred."

Tears started to fall down her cheeks. Jay pulled her into a hug. She cried into his shoulder. He knew she was terrified.

" Don't worry everything is going to be okay. I won't let anything happen to you or the others." Jay said, trying to comfort her.

She stopped crying after a few minutes. She pulled out of his warm hug and wiped away the remains of her tears. He looked at her with worry.

" Are you going to be okay?" he asked.

" Yeah." she replied and gave him a small smile.

They truned and looked out at the city. The city looked so beuatiful. Jay still had his arm around Theresa and she leaned her head against him. There was a nice silence up on the roof. It was so peaceful. But Jay broke the silence.

" Why didn't you mention your vision to Hera?" he asked.

" I didn't want to remember it. i just wanted it to disappear. Like it didn't happen. Like that's not what's going to happen." Theresa replied.

" You said he spoke to you. What did he say?" Jay asked.

" I don't know. It was something in latin I think. But I do remember the words he said. Maybe Archie can translate them." Theresa said.

Jay agreed and they went to find their purple haired friend. They found him in the living room watching t.v. The others had gone to bed. Well, Atlanta was asleep deside him.

Theresa told Archie her vision and there was a short silence. Archie broke it this time.

" What did he say to you?" Archie asked.

" Ego animus convicta ec caeli parum. What does that mean?" she replied.

" It means ' I will conquer this world too.' But how did he touch you? It was a vision." Archie answered.

" I don't know. But it's creepy." she replied.

" Well Hera said to get some some sleep." Jay reminded them.

Theresa said good night and went upstairs. Archie picked up Atlanta and carried her up to her bedroom. Jay turned off the t.v. and went upstairs too.

Theresa fell into a very unseay sleep. She woke up at around 3:30 and screamed. The others were woken up and soon the six came into her room, weapons drawn. But all they saw was Theresa sitting up in her bed, crying.
~*~

What did Theresa dream about? Will they be able to stop the Umbra Dominus? What did he mean when when he told Theresa ' Ego animus convicta ec caeli parum.'? What did her vision mean? How was the Umbra Dominus able to touch her? You'll find out in the next chapter. ^_^

AUTHORS NOTE: Okay so there is some latin in this chapter and the chapters to come. I'm sorry if it's not correct. I got the words from a Latin- English dictionary on the web. If there is any thing wrong please tell me and I will fix it. I hope you liked this chapter. Please R+R, constructive crtism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story