Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Ask Me

Birthday Girl

by panda_1418 0 reviews

It's Delilah's birthday, and she misses her parents more than ever (short story)

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-04 - 443 words

0Unrated
Hello ppls, I'm back. I wrote this at the airport, and now that I re-read it, I think it's crap. But whatever.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ask me if I care and I'll tell you
Ask me if I care and I will not lie
Ask me if I care and I'll tell you
Ask me if I care before we say goodbye


Delilah opened her eyes in the morning. She looked around her room and thought, /Hey. It's my birthday/. She sat up, stretched, yawned and set about getting ready.

20 minutes later Delilah was walking down a hall, mentally singing Happy Birthday to herself. She didn't see the person in front of her until it was too late. The two collided in the hallway and fell to the floor.

"Oh, crap!" Delilah apologized. "I'm so sorry!"

The person flicked his blond hair out of his eyes. He smiled that million-dollar smile. "Lost in your thoughts, De?"

Delilah was about to answer when a beautifully wrapped small box caught her eye. She pointed to it. "What's that?"

Julius pushed it behind his back and stood up. "Nothing. It's nothing. By the way, happy birthday."

Delilah was about to question him further when he planted a kiss on her cheek. She went rigid. Julius smirked. "See you later, partner."

Delilah stared after him as he walked off, whistling like nothing had happened. She shook her head and smiled. What a guy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Later that evening, after many more "happy birthday"'s - even a half-hearted one from Ursula (?!) - Delilah found herself walking around the Academy alone. Where was Julius? She hadn't seen him since she ran into him (literally) that morning. As a matter of fact, she hadn't seen any agents for a while. Even Al and Scarlett were nowhere to be found. Oh well. It gave her "thinking time".

The one thing on Delilah's mind was the though of her parents. They had missed most of her birthdays - most of her /life/! She wanted to believe they were still alive, but it had been eleven years ...

Was that Julius?

It was! Delilah spotted her partner walking swiftly around the corner in front of her. She called out his name, but he didn't respond. Frowning, Delilah hurried after him. But Julius only sped up. Why was he avoiding her?

"Julius!" Delilah shouted angrily. "Wait up!"

He glanced over his shoulder, then headed out the doors to the patio. What on earth was that boy up to? Delilah put her hands on her hips as she walked out after him.

"Julius, what -"

Her words were drowned out as all the lights turned on at once, and many voices yelled out,

"Surprise!!"
Sign up to rate and review this story