Categories > Original > Romance

Scream With Me

by Satanic-Cupid 0 reviews

For all intents and purposes, Adam was completely straight. Untill he met Brian and his world came crashing down -SLASH-

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-09-04 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 926 words

0Unrated
"Hey Adam!" One of his teammates yells, tossing a baseball at his head, lightheartedly.
"Hey Jack. How're things with you and Susan? You hit a home run yet?" Adam answers, tossing the ball back.
"Not yet man. How about you? Did you hit anything this summer?" Jack answers, smirking.
Adam hits him on the shoulder, "Shut up. Who do you have for first period?"
"World History. You?"
"Same."
---
"Hey Jack. Jack!" Adam whispers, shoving him.
"Huh? What do you want?"
"You see the new kid? What's her name? She's cute, in a way yeah?"
"She's a dude. Brian something or other." Jack mumbles, before putting his head back down and falling asleep.
"Really? Well damn."
Brian looks around nervously and takes a seat. Smiling shyly, he extends a hand to the brown-haired boy sitting next to him, "Hi. I'm Brian."
Adam smiles back, "Hey. I'm Adam. Nice to meet you. So what are you doing, coming in so late?"
"What do you mean?"
Adam chuckles, "Well most people don't start here in their junior year."
"Oh, that. My old school was shitty."
"It took you two years to figure that out?"
"No, it only took my mom one year to figure it out, but I managed to convince her to let me stay another year. Until I got my schedule for this year..."
"Then you figured out it was a shitty school. May I ask how?"
"Schedule screw-up."
"That doesn't sound so bad."
"Let me rephrase that: a schedule screw-up that sent me back two years."
"How did that happen?"
"I have no clue."
"That must've sucked."
"Yeah, it did. Worst part, we didn't get our schedule until the first day. So I walked to class, and I'm like, I don't recognize any of you. The teacher checked my ID, and was like, sir may I see your schedule? God, that sucked, there was nothing but freshmen in the class; they probably thought I was some really dumb junior or something."
"Yeah probably. Did they all have dumbstruck looks on their faces?"
Brian laughs, "Actually they did. What do you have next?"
Adam looks down at his schedule, the pink piece of paper already showing signs of being folded into a miniscule square, "Chemistry. Room 236. How about you?"
"I have Biology. Room two hundred something. I hate Biology." Brian trails off, the last sentence barely above a whisper.
"Why? I hate it too, or rather I hated the teacher I had last year."
"I dunno. I just don't like it. I've had bad experiences in the class."
"Makes sense. I've had teachers like that." Adam says, folding his schedule into the miniscule square, the same shape it will have for the next two weeks.
Brian stares at him, "Why do you do that?"
"Do what?" Adam asks, putting the folded schedule into his pocket.
"folding your schedule up so small. "
Adam grins," It bugs the teachers. Why else would I do it/"
"True." Brian answers, before the bell rings.
Brian heads to his Biology class feeling nervous, for some odd reason. Why am I so It's school for Pete's sake. Wonder how Adam's doing? Wonder if he plays any sports?
"Hey! New kid! What's up? I wouldn't do too much of the daydreaming; we already have one resident scary quiet chick."
"Oh. I'm sorry. Who are you? And I'm not a girl."
"I'm Glen. And I know you're not a girl. But we already have one resident scary quiet person in our class. She's over there. Her name's Sabra. And she's actually not so bad once you get to know her. Come on, I'll introduce ya," Glen says, dragging Brian over to her. "Oi! Sabra! What have I told you about messing with sharp objects? Give me that! By the way, this is Brian. Don't be shy, she won't bite."
"Unless you want me to," Sabra responds, grinning and holding out her hand. "Nice to meet you. Have you met Adam yet? 'Bout nay high, brown-hair, tall. He's cute isn't he?"
"Sabra! Honestly, keep your fantasies to yourself."
Sabra ignores this outburst from Glen and continues chatting, "So have you heard of him/"
Brian nods, "Yeah he's in my World History class. He's pretty cool. Say, you don't know if he plays any sports do you?"
"He plays baseball. Number seven, in case you were wondering. "
Brian smiles. She's okay. Glen was right about her being scary though. I wonder what he meant by fantasies. "Say, Glen?"
"Yes, Brian? Whatever Sabra did now, I'm sorry but the brain trauma is irreversible, your sanity will probably come back in an hour or two. However, your mind will probably stay dirty."
"Um, okay. That's not what I was going to ask though."
"Oh, heh, oops. Sorry Sabra. What were you going to ask?"
"What did you mean by fantasies?"
"You don't need to know," He answers, glaring at the smug smirking Sabra next to him "And you don't need to say anything. Now be quiet and pay attention for once in this stupid class. I can't have you failing again, can I?"
"I suppose not," Sabra drawls, pulling out the chair next to her. "You can sit here Brian. And don't mind ol' Glen. He's slightly overprotective. Aren't you Glen?"
"Shut it." Glen answers, sitting back in his seat.
Brian pretends not to notice the arm Glen oh-so-casually drapes across Sabra's shoulders and focuses on the lesson instead. I think I'm gonna like it here, he thinks, watching the two next to him, and occasionally writing down notes.
Sign up to rate and review this story