Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Luck of Hearts

The Train

by CodeyaVisonchaser 0 reviews

.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2017-04-14 - 1411 words

0Unrated
Luck's... well, Codeya now, isn't it?
Codeya's (Luck's) Point of view:
 
Platform 9 and 3/4.  An... interesting name, to say the least... I have noticed a few interesting names in the magic world.  The name of the school itself fitting into one of the stranger categories in my life.  Yes, I categorize my life. I suppose I could blame my father for this, as he taught me to think in a filing system technique.

I looked around me.  These people were indeed different than my people in mannerisms; and as far as social skills... well, being from another world, they where vastly foreign to me. 

A young, black haired man with gold rimmed seeing glasses yelled out the name "Sirius!" in a way that would make one think that this Sirius was falling off a cliff, or was in some other extreme situation.  ​Another man, this one blonde and short was using magic to display a balding rat he had found.  Yet others where throwing insults at one another before running over to crush each other in tight embrace.  Different as my world was, I was... shocked, to say the least.
 
I stood there, frozen in horror of the events around me. Every youth was lacking the poise I had been raised with and, myself, had practiced. Though this seemed appropriate judging by the lack of intervention from their parent's.  I must have stood rooted in place for a solid minute, until realizing what I was doing.  I quickly criticized myself for my mistake. Father would have been ashamed.  Standing there like that made me seem either lost, idiotic, without reason or goal, or completely clueless as to what I should be doing.  I straightened my family brooch. It was pinned upon the left side of my loose, long-sleeved, coral blouse.
 
This brooch was a gift given to me by my loving mother, and was crafted of my homeland, Izloway.  Through this brooch all of my possessions where reachable.  I didn't understand exactly how it did what it was created to do, but the brooch managed to create a portal, and reached into my room at home in order to supply me with all the objects I have thus far accumulated.  Right now it was my only comfort; my only sense of familiarity in this world.Here, I feel so very alien from those around me. 

I gathered as much grace as I could manage and made my way to the train. I was kicking my long, flowing, black skirt as I took each step, keeping it from tripping me (through practice I had gotten quite good at this and managed to do it with great grace) .  I had almost made it inside the large red train with out having encountered any of the other students.  In fact, someone accosted me at the door of the large transportation device.
 
"Oh sorry about that!" A young girl with dark, red hair apologized after a near collision with me.  Though I didn't understand how this was her fault, neither of us could have done anything different to make the situation any easier.
 
"It's fine, it wasn't your fault." I replied gently.  I went to continue forward, but she didn't leave the doorway.  Instead she smiled and tried to further the conversation.
 
"I don't think I've seen you around here before," The young woman continued "are you a transfer?"
 
"It would seem that way." I responded with a light laugh.  I wasn't used to people socializing at times like these.  It seemed that it was acceptable in this world to speak in this situation.  In my world the people would silently fill the train and speak only after all of the others were boarded; it was considered polite.  I have quite a bit to learn about this world.  It should be entertaining indeed.
 
"Well, my name's Lily Evans,"  she smiled brightly. The smile was brilliant and genuine. I found it quite contagious, and I smiled as well.
 
"You may call me Codeya." I said with warmth and genuine confusion as to why we were already making our names known.  Nor was I was used to people being so warm upon a first meeting.  Though, if I was to survive with in this world, I knew that I would need teachers.  This young woman, Lily, seemed like one who would be easy to mimic when it came to the customs of the magical folk.
 
Lily was quick to engage me in conversation concerning Hogwarts.  She was speaking about the different houses, what qualities the individual professors looked for in their student's work, how to get around the castle, and who to avoid.  On her List of Avoidance were many names; consisting of mainly people from the Slytherin house. However, the top of her list was reserved for group of young men that called themselves the 'Marauders.'  She quickly explained to me that while the Slytherin's got a bad reputation - due to some of their extremist's - most were not as bad as they were given credit for.  
 
"Take my friend Severus for example," she continued to explain "he has always been there to help me...  even before Hogwarts."
 
Everything in this world threw me; even the way this youth picked her words.  I had never heard the words always and before in the same sentence.  I smiled faintly, knowing, already, that I was going to pick up strange habits from this world.
 
It wasn't long before we found a compartment that had six seats; all of them open.  I sat opposite to Lily and feigned further interest in her Slytherin friend, though I was careful not to send body signals to further show my non-existent interest.  We were soon joined by a young man, the young Slytherin she was talking about, to be exact.
 
"Hey, Lily." He had dark greased back hair and a sharp nose.  The way he cared for his own being was appalling to say the least.  My father would have been horrified at the apparent lack of order in this manès appearance.
 
"Hey, Sev!" Lily answered "How was your summer?"
 
'Sev' - as Lily nicknamed him - spoke briefly to her, talking of his summer in minimal detail, then turned to me. 
 
"- and you are?"
 
"Oh! This is Codeya, Severus." Lily indicated me with a single hand and then turned her hand towards Severus. "and Codeya, this is Sev. He's the one I was telling you about."  I dipped my head in acknowledgement though it seemed to discomfort the youth greatly. 
 
He left shortly afterward saying something about sitting with a Avery. 
 
Five minutes later the compartment gained a lovely, round-faced, woman - Alice - with short blonde hair.  The young woman, like Lily, was in Gryffindor (A/N I don't think all the girls that end up in this compartment are Gryffindor but for the sake of this story, they are).  She was chatty, perhaps more so than Lily; and by her own diagnostic she was the more fashion forward of the two.  I do not yet understand the fashion of this world.  She wore a salmon colored sweater with words across it that read "She did it" it was followed by a arrow pointing to her left.  This sweater was accompanied by a pair of black leggings and flat shoes with a thick, net pattern across the middle sections.  Lastly, the look was completed with a large jean purse.  I sighed, I would have greater trouble fitting in here then I had originally believed.
 
We were joined also by a Marlene and a Mary who are just as strange to me as Alice but in different ways.  This made for interesting conversations on our long journey.  These ladies were more open and warm than anyone in my world would ever dare to be.  Despite myself, I found I enjoyed their quirky openness and laughed along quite frequently.  I was learning a lot from these girls and kept questioning them subtly, to more fully understand what I was truly getting into.
 
That is when the environment within the compartment changed from the light and pleasant feeling to... well, a chaotic one.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Once again thank you if you want to see changes or wish to suggest future possibility's please comment all will be considered.  If your finished with my story please comment below to tell me what I could have done differently to keep your interest.  Thanks, your awesome!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story