Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Spies of the Georgia Straight: The Curse of the Giant Squid

Needs a little Spice

by panda_1418 0 reviews

"It's feeding time!"

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-09-05 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 713 words

0Unrated
Barely suppressing a scream, Delilah stamped her free foot down savagely. It connected with something hard, and whatever had hold of her ankle let go. She stuck her head into the water, expecting to see a retreating tentacle. Instead, she was greeted with the sight of Julius, rubbing the top of his head.

He popped up beside Delilah. "What was that for?" he asked irritably.

Delilah tried to hide a smile threatening to creep across her features. "I thought you were that squid, you idiot."

Julius grinned cheekily. "But I'm better looking than that ugly monster."

"Not by much," Delilah muttered, climbing out of the water.

The two spies had barely started making their way through the base when they were met by a fork in the road. Julius glanced at Delilah. "We need to split u-"

"No!" she hissed quickly. "What if you get into trouble?"

Julius snorted. "I can take care of myself. Look, we should quit wasting time and just go."

Delilah looked doubtful. "But ..."

"De!" Julius interrupted. "I'll be fine. We'll be fine. But right now we need to split. I've got a feeling that Ursula, Emmet and Nosey are down one of these tunnels, and what if we chose the wrong one? Besides, what can possibly-"

Delilah clamped a hand over his mouth. "Do not say that! Every time you do, something bad happens!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Julius wandered down the dark tunnel. It was so quiet; the only sound was the plip-plop of water drops as they fell to the floor. He shuddered. This passage couldn't go anywhere, it was too dark and creepy.

BANG!

Pulling away from the wall he had walked into, Julius cursed under his breath. That was the fifth time he had done that, bumbling around in the darkness.

Suddenly, the sound of hurried footsteps reached his ears. Julius quickly ducked into a corner and groped around for a weapon. His hand grasped a broom. Lifting it above his head Julius prepared to swing.

Swish!

Thwack!

The person let out a faint moan and dropped to the ground. Julius bent down, squinting hard to make out the face. When he did, he groaned. He had struck down one of his own: Nosey!

"How did you get in here?" he murmured, but it was no use; Nosey was out cold.

"Thank you, Gumdrop."

Julius stood up abruptly, only to find a gun pointed between his eyes. Dr Dismay sneered evilly, thought Julius could not see it in the darkness.

"I might have never caught that little stink bomb," Dismay continued. "Might I inquire as to where Lollipop is?"

Julius avoided the question, but countered with one of his own. "How did Nosey get in here? Where's Ursula and Emmet?"

The doctor chuckled. "You've met Squire, my giant squid, haven't you? He guards my base. But I have another, a smaller beast. My rapid-growth machine didn't quite work on her."

A pair of hands wrapped around Julius' neck, chocking him. He struggled to escape the strangle hold, but in vain. The last thing he heard before he passed out was Dr Dismay whisper:

"It's feeding time!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Delilah trudged miserably along the lighter of the tunnels. She was angry that Julius had insisted she take this way, and he had gone down the dark one. Why oh why had she been talked into it?

As she had been walking, Delilah had entered a large room. In the centre was a tank filled with water and tentacles hung limply over the sides, swaying back and forth lazily. Off to one side was a cage. Inside the cage was ... Nosey, Ursula and Emmet?!

"Delilah!" they cried in unison.

Before Delilah could move, a hand clamped down firmly on her shoulder. "Hello, Sugar."

Delilah turned her angry eyes to face Dr Dismay. "What do you want?"

He smiled disarmingly. "Just to watch my Georgia feed."

Dr Dismay took out a small remote control with two buttons. He pressed the bottom one; a hole in the ceiling opened and dead fish fell into the tank. Seconds later, Georgia's tentacles dove in.

"Hmm. Not a bad meal, but it needs a little ... Spice!"

Delilah barely had time to comprehend the sentence before Dismay pressed the top button. Another hole opened, and Julius tumbled out.
Sign up to rate and review this story