Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

Fourteen

by kybok 0 reviews

Number fourteen. There were a lot of tries for a number fourteen. The first was a man. He had a strong heart but a weak body... [KH2] [oneshot]

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Crossover - Characters: Merlin - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-05 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 850 words - Complete

1Original
Yes, the dreaded 14th member fic. Oh noes what have I done.

-----

Number fourteen. There were a lot of tries for a number fourteen.

The first was a man. He had a strong heart but a weak body. He had been naked when he arrived on the shores of Castle Oblivion. He had also been just barely alive. Taken immediately to Vexen, his condition improved significantly and quickly. He was christened Laraxbai by Xemnas and he fell into place. Number fourteen. He was much more skilled at healing than anything else, but they seldom had need of a healer. He was instead sent out on routine missions, retrieving various items and the like. Nothing too difficult.

In Hollow Bastion, he was to retrieve a book. It concerned Ansem's research, and Laraxbai felt honored to be given such an important mission.

He wandered the desolate streets on the outskirts of the city, black robes swishing. He hoped that this wouldn't involve fighting but had come prepared. His double-bladed staff was strapped to his back, just in case.

"Now then... where to begin..." He supposed that the easiest way to go about this would be to ask the locals, but that would draw attention. He'd been specifically told not to draw attention. "How to go about this...?" he silently asked himself as he looked over the town.

He felt through the earth, his own element, feeling for any conglomeration of books or the like. Perhaps a library. As he picked out a strong feeling of magic, he decided that it would be a good place to start. He warped nearer to it and began to walk, painfully aware of how his odd dress must look to the inhabitants. He neared a house, windows boarded up and realized that this was the place the feeling had been coming from.

"Can't find it if I don't have a starting point," he reasoned and raised his hand to knock on the door. Before he could, an old wizard answered.

"Ah, right on time, right on time. Do come in," the wizard said lightly, "I do hope you like tea, as I've just put a pot on." Almost in response to Laraxbai's blank look, he said, "Well stop gawping like an oversized catfish and come in!"

Laraxbai blinked before stepping forward and inside. His hood was up, preventing anyone from seeing his face. This was an odd man, he decided.

The old wizard gestured at a small table and the chair closest and Laraxbai took a seat.

"Now then, to business. I'm quite aware of why you're here, and I must tell you that you won't find it. Not here, nor anywhere in this world."

Laraxbai again gaped at the old wizard's knowledge and how forward he was. "Not one to beat about the bush, are you?" he asked, wryly. "How do you know this? And if you know what it is I seek, do you know where I can find it?"

The wizard nodded. "I do know, but I'm afraid I can not tell you. You see, I also know why you seek this book, and I am unable to allow you to have it. I do believe that if you had any memory of your other, you would not wish to have it, either."

Laraxbai's eyes widened as he exclaimed, "How do you know of my other?"

"Oh, I may seem to be just a simple conjurer of tricks, but I am still a wizard. Knowledge comes and goes as it pleases and I just happen to know that your other was honorable and good. Your other is still very much ingrained in you, which is why you serve your master so fervently. Your other had a master, as well. Though not at all a physical one. No, more of a spiritual master. Tea?" he asked, holding up the pot.

Nodding, Laraxbai asked, "What else? What else can you tell me? I don't remember anything of my life before."

The wizard poured two cups which seemed to appear out of thin air and handed on to Laraxbai. As he drank, the wizard continued.

"There is no more I can tell you. All I can tell you is that there are three girls that may be able to help you. Three girls that will be both hard to find and hard to convince to talk. They're also a bit easy to overlook," he said, with a laughing smile, "but if you find them, you may very well find yourself. Now then, I believe it is time for us to bid each other goodbye. Let us hope that should we meet again we will be on the same side." The wizard ushered Laraxbai out the door and onto the street.

He began to walk away, having bid the wizard a thank you, when he said, "You might leave that hood down. You've nothing to hide," before closing the door firmly.

That same afternoon, Laraxbai found his real name in the hands of three teenaged treasure hunters.

He left the Organization.

He also was never seen again.
Sign up to rate and review this story